Sentinels drop rate stupidly low

According to data the sentinels drop rate is around 1,5%, any chance to have this increased or to obtain sentinels in a different way?
It’s frustrating to open chests over and over to find nothing.
I’m not spending gems anymore to buy more torches for sentinel rooms.
THIS NEEDS A CHANGE!

29 Likes

It’s similar odds to the Hoard Mimic without the ability to grind near-endless quantities of attempts the way you could in Explore if you were willing to put the time into that particular portion of the game.

It’s also something that has no purpose other than your own edification at this stage of the game. The Hoard Mimic has a trophy attached to it, so maybe that meant something to you, but the Sentinels don’t even have that much going for them. And therefore aren’t worth getting aggravated over.

1 Like

They would be if people could actually get them to play test them.

I was pleasantly surprised with using Undead Sentinel + Bane of Mercy and I know I’ve been on the receiving end of some mean Sentinel casts in the Underspire battles.

They’re not good enough to be extremely rare in the Underspire like they currently are but they aren’t bad enough to be 100% ignored like the Hoard Mimic and its existence.

Since there is no duplication protection with these Sentinels, the devs really need to re-examine the drop rates. Potentially 10+ years to get a full set while paying weekly is not cool.

@Kafka

Sincerely,
Guy stuck at 1 Sentinel found since launch of the update

9 Likes

I got a dupe after my very first one. Its an absolute joke, but hey its “fun” right? :joy:

8 Likes
  • playing & finishing every underspire;
  • buying 10 torches daily;
  • 0 guardians obtained so far
11 Likes

First duplicate :pensive:

4 Likes

I’m fine with hoard mimic, you can grind to obtain it and it’s only 1 troop, sentinels are 6 and it’s all about luck, no skill involved

2 Likes

Monstrous Sentinel has also been pretty good for me in PvP on Brown, Monster, and Drifting Sands. Really any of these 6 sentinel troops + Wand of Stars is going to be very effective.

1 Like

I currently have zero Sentinels, meanwhile guildmate has 4 (no dupes), this is the worst RNG based mode… still trying to figure out the “fun” aspect, but all I’ve found is frustration :thinking::roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Yes. Mimic collection

2 Likes

Frustration

I just figured it out! Can’t spell frustration without fun.

5 Likes

I think if they raised the drop rate to between five percent may be even 7.5 percent people would then be tempted to spend gems after completing the end boss. But until that happens i wont be spending any gems or time chasing what are pretty poor troops.

5 Likes

But you just pointed out the reason for the rate. Gem burning

Yes, but if the rate is so stupidly low players get frustrated and stop wasting gems. Like I did since this week
Meanwhile still no answer from @Developer
Any feedback would be appreciated

1 Like

This user above knows. The rate is absurdly low, and I do Underspire just for the boss chests. Now if they seriously pumped up the odds for Sentinels I would start using more gems and delve around the Underspire and collect all Sentinel rooms. Now I just do the usual clear and at the end of the week I do the randomly found Sentinel rooms. I have found two Sentinels with this approach.

1 Like

That’s 2 more than I had with clearing every room since day 1. But honestly, this is the last week I’m doing it. My gem stash is gone, Dragonite always goes into duplicates, with explore 12 I can medal troops as well, only the pet orb was nice to have. On top, this week was quite a chore with the enemy team devouring my troops every turn. So it’s 300 more gems on Sunday for 1500 in total for the last 2 bosses and then it’s free to play. Either until drop rates have been reviewed or my gem stash is high enough to waste 1500 gems each week again …

4 Likes

I still see no answer @Developer

I feel like there should be a thread on the dupe dragons more. Probably is one im not seeing? Could someone direct me to it?

This is worse than dragons, you can buy dragonite and try again, with sentinels you can’t

1 Like

I have found 1 so far. I don’t really aim for getting them due the chances is so very low, if they come good, if not blah…

4 Likes