Season of Ice Begins

Yep, I’ve been saying for some while that all the bracket stuff is quite a piece of dung, exactly for the reason that brackets are not created equal and there is no visible criteria to assess your plausible placement.

And every time I have to restrain myself from just cursing at those jackdonkeys who boast with “easy gold marks for P1 in the (often) diamond bracket with a score of around 10k” when I’ve never been in a bracket where P3 is below 30k. At least have the tiny bit of courtesy to add the you are incredibly lucky and your personal involvement in acquiring those gold marks is practically zero. I would also get easy gold marks if I were put in such pushover and no-effort brackets!

Needless to say that such situations are not furthering my PvP involvement in the slightest - it’s not fun to play (assuming I had time) 24/7 and get nothing while others are awarded relative fortune for minimal effort. Weekly goals and alliance gold marks - not a single battle more.

14 Likes

Yep. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I’ve had some weeks where I could hit the top 3 if I’m willing to do a heavy (but maybe not totally insane) grind. The vast majority of weeks I’d need to get over 80k or so. To see a screenshot of a diamond league board with 8k in first place, even mid-week, is really annoying.

11 Likes

My no. 1 at the moment (it’s Friday afternoon) is over 200k… I like the idea of dividing players into smaller groups somehow, so that we have something to aim for, not just the unreachable global LB. But the unfairness of this is just crazy. Ever since the season’s reset, there was absolutely no way I could place in top 3 - I don’t have the time to play this much.

Not to mention that this makes the 2500 GM goal for the seasonal mythic simply unreachable, @Kafka . There isn’t enough weeks left in the season for me to reach 2500 GM, without killing myself for top 3 spots.

3 Likes

Theres also the small issue that the mythic isnt close to worth 2500 gm.

5 Likes

It is either 2500 GM or between 6 and 12 months of waiting. Now, is the waiting time worth 2500 GM?

P.S. If we’re going to have a seasonal mythic at 2500 GM every season, the Devs better make sure that we actually CAN earn this many GMs (and hopefully more) every season. At this point in the season I’m not sure the majority of the players can get there at all.

8 Likes

And that the mythic is…you know…actually good? A 2500 gm mythic better be stellarix level.

This one is an utter joke. Just like the devs.

5 Likes