Season of Ice Begins

Originally published at: Season of Ice Begins – Gems of War

New PvP Season Begins A brand new PvP Season begins today. Earn rewards from the Season of Ice Pass, and play PvP battles to complete Goals during this season. Just a reminder that when the season starts all VP will be reset to 0. Alliance Ranks will be updated to reflect this. Featured Immortal: Immortal…

1 Like

Oh that would have been nice to know ahead of time. 2,500 gold marks in 11 weeks? That’s one way to get people to try to stop making books I guess.

22 Likes

Did anyone at IP2 consider what this sounds like phonetically? Especially to players in the US for which those initials have very ugly connotations?

12 Likes

Aztec Mythology…

And in other news i was shocked and appalled this morning i heard my neighbor speak german!

4 Likes

Kukulkan is older than US :sweat_smile:
mentioned in some games, for example, Fahrenheit and newer Tomb Raider

5 Likes

still probably would have been easier to create a Gems of War/Krystara version and not just directly take from an existing Aztec god

Screenshot_2024-07-22-10-10-53-45_639543440735615bbc36855b9e156373

5000 VP = got a Gold Icon from a Burning Chest, converted it to VP.

2 Likes

Why haven’t you mentioned Seasonal Mythics in the patch note?!
Anyway, I can’t afford this much for a troop.

10 Likes

I know they want to make money but man it so does feel like the players are only good as ATMs and not as real people.

I could only assume some people are going to be spending at least an additional $60 every 11 weeks from now on. (+$15 for the pvp season pass)

that’s not something I enjoy thinking about

23 Likes

I don’t care about thisd stupid depressing stuff - except - I HATE IT ALL> You have ruined pvp alliance stuff for me (I didn’t like it that much anyway) but this is now just TOO MUCH

11 Likes

And this again raises the question of increasing the number of mythics available in Soulforge every week.

Also, I can’t find proper words to express my frustration with resetting Alliance rank every 11 weeks.

22 Likes

Everything’s reset, it’s fun

Ha
I’m blocked by books in Suncrest. I think I have no choice, I will continue to buy books :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

So if everything has reset that mean no Alliance chat? (Not that it bothers me)

1 Like

This is just completely unreasonable. I’ve lost interest in pvp

10 Likes

I don’t know how Alliances are supposed to work as a concept if you can’t even chat with Alliance members until you have 220k VP… and it resets every 11 weeks.

How are you supposed to coordinate anything early on?

Not that anyone cares about the chat, but Alliances just falls flat like this.

28 Likes

It’s standard fair. Don’t mention something so people spend the gold marks on books to save having to wait to get vp again.Then release and unreasonable price thing for said marks expecting you to spend money to get them

6 Likes

A very rough time frame: the current rotation has about 24 mythics left, give or take one or two (those that haven’t made an appearance yet but were added to the current rotation - I didn’t check that, to be honest). Which is 6 weeks - so the next one will start 9 September. PvP season is 11 weeks, starting today, ending on 6 October. This means that this exclusive season mythic will not be added before the upcoming soulforge rotation starts - but to the one that follows. At the moment, we have 118 craftable mythics (give or take 1, I could’ve made a mistake counting). Which is 29.5 (!!!) weeks. We can no longer fit even TWO full rotations per year, and more mythics are added every month. So, after the rotation starts on 9 September, it will continue to go through all troops, until a new rotation begins - about 31 March or 7 April. And on top of that, there’s no rule or logic to when individual troops appear - so this exclusive PvP season mythic released on 22 July 2024 might very well appear in the soulforge, at the latest and in the worst case scenario, at around end of October 2025. @Kafka can we please, please get this concept of changing the mythic (and legendary for that matter) rotation from 4 to 8 troops on any given week implemented ASAP? Like, yesterday? This (very rough) time frame is absolutely beyond absurd.

16 Likes

This is definitely on our radar but as the Soulforge is in legacy code it needs a larger time of carved out to go into, change and a longer testing period for it. For this reason it’s harder to slot in, if we could just change a number it would already be done. I’ll raise it again though to try to get it bumped up the list more!

14 Likes