Seal of Kurandara Lore [Spoilers]

Hail Hydra.

Artifact Lore Level 4

With the Elementals taken care of, we prepared to head back north. But things just kept getting worse and worse… As we were preparing to leave, Tassarion sent us a magical missive. He was still engaged in his studies in the Glacial Peaks, but had seen these Daemonic Shades creating fortifications there - preparing an assault on the Winter Court of Queen Mab. He bid us seek out Cernunnos, a solitary Fey warrior, who could show us where the towers were. It seemed these creatures were hell-bent (see what I did there) on invading the entire northern lands. Forewarned this time, we quickly headed north, hoping to provide assistance before things got grim.

2 Likes

Artifact Lore Level 5

With Cernunnos’ help, Glacial Peaks was saved for now, but up until this time we had been entirely reactive to the Daemonic threat. We needed to get on the front foot, and learn more about what was going on here. With that in mind, I set out to talk with the Pandaska Mages of Shentang - they had some experience in long drawn out battles with Daemons after all. It seemed that plan have been a little predictable though, as when we landed on the Southwilde, we found the Daemons had stirred up the Tauros to slow us down.

1 Like

Guess Wild Plains next week :wink:

Nope!

There is no panda in Wild Plain, but it seems like there will be some unwanted Tauros in the Winged Elves land. Which Deamon is behind this?

Depends how you interpret it:

it might as well sound like, we wanted to get to Shentang, but were blocked by Tauros from Wild Plains and forced us to push our way there for the whole week.

But yeah - might be more simple than that → fighting enraged Tauros in Shentang, while trying to get to the guy, seems a more simplier explanation :wink:

Artifact Lore Level 6

The Pandaska seldom disappoint - they had a name for me… Kurandara. More importantly, they knew who this Kurandara was - an ancient Daemon Lord who had been defeated in Urskaya many centuries ago. It seemed he was back, seeking revenge against the children of Doomclaw. They knew nothing of his weaknesses though, but suggested we set out for the broken lands of Karakoth, where the Keepers of Lore may be convinced to summon a Daemon or three, to learn more about how we might defeat this Kurandara

Kill X Zuul’Goth task in 3…2…1… :wink:

That’s what GW week is for, right?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m usually ‘killed’ by Zuul’Goth in 3,2,1 on gw’s week lol

1 Like

OMG, the plot thickens as events are really taking some unforeseen turns, particularly this new piece of lore is HUGE, the revelation that Kurandara is actually a Daemon from Urskaya left me speechless!

1 Like

The Doomclaw-Kurandara relationship was already referenced back in 2017 (!!), in the Doomclaw release lore:

6 Likes

They plan so far ahead, I can’t wait gor the treasure hunt and arena reworks in 2027!

5 Likes

well there’s something arena based coming soon…

Artifact Lore Level 7

The Keepers of Lore came through. It seemed we needed two things to stop Kurandara, but neither would be easy to obtain - a Daemonic Keystone, and a Daemonic Lockstone. What better to shut a portal after all than a lock and a key! It seemed the Orcs in Grosh-Nak had a Lockstone, but I hated dealing with Orcs. I decided to set out in search of one of the Infernal King’s Heralds - they’d proved good allies in the past. Perhaps together we could get the Lockstone from the Orcs.

1 Like

Artifact Lore Level 8

With the Daemonic Lockstone in our possession, we set out after a Keystone. We traveled for many days towards the Sin of Maraj, in search of a man called Gael Spiritwhisperer. They’d told me his name in Karakoth - he had traveled into Maraj to study the Underworld. Why did we need his help, you ask? Well, the problem was that the only known Keystone was in the hands of the vile Daemonic Artificer, Tartarus.

• Thinking about it, the only reason the Herald of Chaos proved to be an ally in the Blighted Lands questline was because we were able to free him from the Infernal King’s control(?) and get him to defect.

• There’s nothing in their natures (if they can be said to have any kind of consistent, shared characteristics) that would make them inclined to be allies, let alone good ones, as far as I can tell.

• Setting off to free mind-controlled servants (unless of course the rest of them – HoC aside – are willing servants, in which case there’d be absolutely zero point) to see if they’ll help you kill some Orcs to take their artifacts (the Lockstone, which btw you can just buy apparently, rather than needing to steal or barter/negotiate for) seems a little out-of-left-field and unlikely to be successful.

2 Likes

Artifact Lore Level 9

With both Lockstone and Keystone in our possession we headed back north, ready to search for and finally close the portal through which Kurandara’s minions had been entering the world. Prince Barislav, son of King Mikhail, received word of our coming and met us at the border. It seemed that any rift I had with the Urska had been temporarily forgiven as we prepared to face the Daemon Lord himself.

1 Like

Artifact Lore Level 10

It was done. Just as Doomclaw had managed long ago, we sealed Kurandara’s portal. The battles would continue for a while - mopping up any of the remaining Daemonic forces, but the war had finally been won.