Seal of Kurandara Lore [Spoilers]

As requested in another thread, here is the current lore that has been released. Lets keep future weeks lore a surprise until the week is released. Feel free to add to the discussion if you unlock the lore in future weeks.

Campaign - Seal of Kurandara

Artifact Lore Level 0

I received a message from Scarlett. As usual it was overly dramatic, tied with a red ribbon to the leg of a disgruntled-looking raven. Apparently Daemons had recently been seen in Maugrim Woods. Again… It’s always Daemons… It was nothing the Wargare couldn’t handle for now, but Scarlett was concerned there may be a problem like before, with a portal opening somewhere, and no Kerberos to guard it. I set for Maugrim Woods immediately, to see what was happening

Artifact Lore Level 1

This wasn’t like before with the Daemons. This invasion felt different - darker and angrier somehow. Scarlett wasn’t certain, but I thought it worth traveling to Ghulvania to see what I could learn. There was a Vampire Hunter down there - an old acquaintance of Avina’s - his name was Van Kane. If anybody would know what the Undead Lords of Ghulvania were up to, it would be him

Artifact Lore Level 2

While we certainly helped Van Kane kill a lot of Vampires, we learned nothing about the troubles in Maugrim Woods. We were on our way back there, when we happened upon a Sapphire Knight - one of the Royal Guard of Silverglade. As it turned out, he was looking for us. Daemons had now been spotted in Silverglade too, but these Daemons were not known to the High Elves - they were cloaked in darkness and shadow, and filled with rage. We accompanied him back to his homeland to help the kingdom, and see what we could learn.

Artifact Lore Level 3

These Shades were unstoppable. Every time we slew one, two more would take its place. The King tasked us with seeking out some help from his kinsfolk, the Wood Elves of Silverglade. As time was of the essence, Krystenax, the royal dragon, agreed to take some time away from the defense of the Kingdom and fly us down there to meet one Lord Belanor - a long time friend and ally of Silverglade. Krystara isn’t a quiet place at the best of times - this was no exception. The Wood Elves faced troubles of their own with Elementals from the Primal Rift. I agreed to help them in exchange for some of Belanor’s troops being sent to Silverglade.

Artifact Lore Level 4

With the Elementals taken care of, we prepared to head back north. But things just kept getting worse and worse… As we were preparing to leave, Tassarion sent us a magical missive. He was still engaged in his studies in the Glacial Peaks, but had seen these Daemonic Shades creating fortifications there - preparing an assault on the Winter Court of Queen Mab. He bid us seek out Cernunnos, a solitary Fey warrior, who could show us where the towers were. It seemed these creatures were hell-bent (see what I did there) on invading the entire northern lands. Forewarned this time, we quickly headed north, hoping to provide assistance before things got grim.

Artifact Lore Level 5

With Cernunnos’ help, Glacial Peaks was saved for now, but up until this time we had been entirely reactive to the Daemonic threat. We needed to get on the front foot, and learn more about what was going on here. With that in mind, I set out to talk with the Pandaska Mages of Shentang - they had some experience in long drawn out battles with Daemons after all. It seemed that plan have been a little predictable though, as when we landed on the Southwilde, we found the Daemons had stirred up the Tauros to slow us down.

Artifact Lore Level 6

The Pandaska seldom disappoint - they had a name for me… Kurandara. More importantly, they knew who this Kurandara was - an ancient Daemon Lord who had been defeated in Urskaya many centuries ago. It seemed he was back, seeking revenge against the children of Doomclaw. They knew nothing of his weaknesses though, but suggested we set out for the broken lands of Karakoth, where the Keepers of Lore may be convinced to summon a Daemon or three, to learn more about how we might defeat this Kurandara

Artifact Lore Level 7

The Keepers of Lore came through. It seemed we needed two things to stop Kurandara, but neither would be easy to obtain - a Daemonic Keystone, and a Daemonic Lockstone. What better to shut a portal after all than a lock and a key! It seemed the Orcs in Grosh-Nak had a Lockstone, but I hated dealing with Orcs. I decided to set out in search of one of the Infernal King’s Heralds - they’d proved good allies in the past. Perhaps together we could get the Lockstone from the Orcs.

Artifact Lore Level 8

With the Daemonic Lockstone in our possession, we set out after a Keystone. We traveled for many days towards the Sin of Maraj, in search of a man called Gael Spiritwhisperer. They’d told me his name in Karakoth - he had traveled into Maraj to study the Underworld. Why did we need his help, you ask? Well, the problem was that the only known Keystone was in the hands of the vile Daemonic Artificer, Tartarus.

Artifact Lore Level 9

With both Lockstone and Keystone in our possession we headed back north, ready to search for and finally close the portal through which Kurandara’s minions had been entering the world. Prince Barislav, son of King Mikhail, received word of our coming and met us at the border. It seemed that any rift I had with the Urska had been temporarily forgiven as we prepared to face the Daemon Lord himself.

Artifact Lore Level 10

It was done. Just as Doomclaw had managed long ago, we sealed Kurandara’s portal. The battles would continue for a while - mopping up any of the remaining Daemonic forces, but the war had finally been won.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Might I suggest moving it to the “Spoilers” category though? :slight_smile:

I did look at spoilers category but it said to discuss ‘upcoming and future content’ and this thread is purely for the lore that is currently released and able to be unlocked in game right now. I added the [Spoliers] incase anyone is taking it slower and not rushing through to complete all the tasks on monday :see_no_evil: so wants to keep the Lore a surprise when they unlock the artifact

Where did the devs hide all this text? I completed all the tasks I could and thought I explored the interface, but I don’t remember seeing this at all…

Ok, no biggie. I just figured since you put [Spoilers] in the topic, the spoilers category would make sense :wink:

@Magnusimus this part is actually from level 3 of the artifact. Maybe something went wrong when copy pasting.

2 Likes

You saw nothing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That was me who requested it thanks, but how you got level 3 already?

I’m not, Mine is level 1. Full spoiled campaign lore is in the game files that has been data mined and released on Spoiler sites. Disclaimer: Don’t try this yourself, you can get banned

Why you can get banned? taransworld always data mines spoilers?
Which spoiler sites you mean?
I got it mailed btw

Ok, so the runes are random place-holders, not some form of substitution cipher.

(I should have noticed, on the second line, there’s a word that has a capital X followed by three of the the same M shaped letter!)

1 Like

Maybe Luther shouting “Nooo!” on getting shown the campaign interface? :smirk:

1 Like

Anyways, next week tasks will probably include using Deathknight, Ghulvania team, Ghulvania banner etc. as we will be travelling to Ghulvania :wink:

Van Kane? I thought all vampire hunters were named Van Helsing. :grinning:

Licensing fees. Elite+ Pass sales were lower than expected, so they could only afford the first half of the name.

5 Likes

Thanks for collecting them for easy reading, Hawx!

Lore is the thing I look forward to the most in new Campaign Mode. I really like the last Lorekeeper Stories, and I see this as a return for them.

But… turned out its just 2-3 paragraphs per week, so more like weekly lore back then. I was quite disappointed to be honest, but what can I do?

…A lot actually. I could just write a weekly 2K-word story myself. I will be a good practice for my writing group anyway.

I should be able to finish it before the weekly Reset, so If anyone is interested, you can come back to check my post later! :grin:

Edit : It’s done! You guys can read it here.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to reading your work. Insert excited Hawx emoji!

1 Like

Updated with Week 2 - Ghulvania

Artifact Lore Level 2

While we certainly helped Van Kane kill a lot of Vampires, we learned nothing about the troubles in Maugrim Woods. We were on our way back there, when we happened upon a Sapphire Knight - one of the Royal Guard of Silverglade. As it turned out, he was looking for us. Daemons had now been spotted in Silverglade too, but these Daemons were not known to the High Elves - they were cloaked in darkness and shadow, and filled with rage. We accompanied him back to his homeland to help the kingdom, and see what we could learn.

1 Like

Updated with Week 3 - Silverglade

Artifact Lore Level 3

These Shades were unstoppable. Every time we slew one, two more would take its place. The King tasked us with seeking out some help from his kinsfolk, the Wood Elves of Silverglade. As time was of the essence, Krystenax, the royal dragon, agreed to take some time away from the defense of the Kingdom and fly us down there to meet one Lord Belanor - a long time friend and ally of Silverglade. Krystara isn’t a quiet place at the best of times - this was no exception. The Wood Elves faced troubles of their own with Elementals from the Primal Rift. I agreed to help them in exchange for some of Belanor’s troops being sent to Silverglade.

Quite sure The Devs meant to write “Forest of Thrones Thorns’ Wood Elves”.

Might need to file a report for this lore-breaking issue later. lol :sweat_smile:

A cool place it is, I believe.