Schedule Overload

Here we go again. The one thing that is overwhelming to players right now is feeling like there are too many things going on in one week.

:rage: TOD and Guild Wars are both exhausting! I when you play in higher brackets, you spend a vast amount of time on guild wars each day. Even for those of us who enjoy it, it is massively time, consuming and very draining.

I thought this was the point of an updated schedule, having weekly events, so as to avoid this ridiculous overwhelming, feeling that I need to try and convince people that they need to spend more time on the game every evening than they probably spend with their families.

I never thought Iā€™d consider walking away from this game, but itā€™s in my mind every week. I donā€™t want to. I love the game, but we canā€™t actually play it anymore for the bugs and piled on events.

Please fix this. This game is supposed to be a relaxing experienceā€¦ for the most part. Iā€™m not going to pretend Iā€™m a marketing/PR genius. But I do know what doesnā€™t work.

JADEDHARLEYQ_AD51

If I sound cranky. Iā€™m sorry. I am.

6 Likes

It would be a tremendous help just to move GW to a week that is not ToD or Journey. Those are the 3 events with the highest degree of difficulty.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a problem because Guild Wars isnā€™t part of one of the ā€œtraditionalā€ calendars, perhaps a throwback to the era when Guild Wars was an every-week sort of thing.

I believe it would be beneficial to have Guild Wars on some sort of set schedule that doesnā€™t conflict with all this other stuff, but I also donā€™t see a reasonable way to do so that the developers are likely to implement. Because it would likely have to end up replacing something else thatā€™s currently in place. And because the developers probably see a huge number of guilds that effectively donā€™t see this as an issue either because they donā€™t participate in Guild Wars or because they do it so quickly and routinely that it doesnā€™t even register on their collective consciousness.

(I suspect there are a ton of casual guilds that fit these and cover a much larger number of players than those of us in hardcore guilds where Wars takes time and effort. My previous guild was like that.)

Iā€™d prefer it to stay as is.
ToD only to lvl 25, no-play GW, and no-play arena.
Very relaxing experience for me during that week. Awesome.

I can understand the frustrations others may have.

5 Likes

Well, instead of replacing, it could just be added into the rotation. They are on 5 week rotation now and it could be 6. But then they would probably need to run it with a kingdom pass, legends reborn or holiday event so there is some revenue generator during that week.

At least itā€™s not on a gnome weekend. We have to be grateful for that part.

4 Likes

I am super glad that now vault always falls on arena weekend.

Curious, not accusatory: what part of GW is so time consuming? If youā€™re in a high level guild, most members likely have most, if not all, of the most meta troops, so teams and counter teams should pretty much be figured out and itā€™s just a matter hoping the board lines up in your favor (both initial board and subsequent drops, as I have absolutely lost battles with a superior team because of unfavorable boards).

GW is 5 battles a day

1 Like

Up until about a year ago, I was in a guild that was ā€œvery casualā€. No requirements at all, including playing Guild Wars or using teams with the color-of-the-day on offense if one did ā€“ literally the only ā€œaskā€ was that our members set 24 unique troops on defense if they participated at all. And that guild was far enough down the standings (Bracket 13 when I departed) that 27-30 wins per week with minimal effort was possible, if not probable.

Then I jumped to a guild thatā€™s been in Bracket 1 (PS4) for my entire length of membership. Yes, thereā€™s a fair amount of uniformity, both on offense and defense, but not nearly so much as youā€™d think. Thereā€™s still a fair amount of room for creativity on offense. Iā€™ve found that defenses are something of a crapshoot, leaning more towards ā€œcrapā€ and ā€œjust shoot meā€ if my results are anything to go by. But itā€™s something that Iā€™ve found cannot be rushed or ā€œplayed on instinctā€ if you want to be successful ā€“ you do need to take the appropriate moment to consider your move and what the other team can do; you will see a ton of similar-ish defenses, and most of them can wreck you if youā€™re careless and give them the least little opening.

I probably still do my Guild Wars battles in 15-20 minutes per day, but itā€™s a more difficult and thoughtful 15-20 minutes than almost everything else the game can throw at me. Which isnā€™t so much for me and the time I can usually put into the game on a daily basis, but players in top guilds who donā€™t have all those extra hours can spend a disproportionate amount of their time in this one mode and not doing the other stuff that either helps their guild (weekly events) or furthers their own individual in-game ambitions.

ā€¦

But I also suspect itā€™s low on the priority list for the developers if itā€™s even there. Because their defense would be ā€œitā€™s a small percentage of the player base, even if it tends to be the more active and higher-spending percentageā€ as opposed to the casuals and the casuals of the casuals.

4 Likes

Our guild is pretty casual about it, but weā€™ve been moving up brackets the past 6 GW or so. Weā€™re now bracket 20 or 21. Guildmates who have the lowest stats actually have a harder time getting 4-5 wins and spend a lot of time trying to counter the opponents. So it can be done quickly, of course but our guild spends a good amount of time on it.

Are You in assonance?

Very thankful my guild has GW as 100% optional, definitely makes the overload a bit less intense.

But I still find myself skipping some events to avoid burnout. I buy the Bounty troop, but havenā€™t played the event in months. I donā€™t do Arena. I tend to skip Underspire, I donā€™t do Dungeon battles unless I have a perfect run. I skip Vaults sometimes.

Iā€™ve finally reached an endgame point where I feel okay just not doing some things.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never liked Guild Wars, Iā€™ll admit.

But I appreciate your detailed post, letting me see how people into GW handle it.

When guild wars was introduced and happened weekly, since then for years I played only b1 and b2 and also (not really dis)liked guild wars but it was way less crowded due to less troops/ā€œbossesā€/weapons/finished classes etc. It was a ā€œbetter timeā€. I managed to never put up more than 5-10 minutes per match because ā€œdumbluckā€ against you also back then was a factor.

Play and invest (time/workload/gems) your fair share towards the final goal (all rewards during guild events) and be happy in your guild.

Otherwise, same for all gamemodes you mentioned but for things like bounty I still play the around 30-40 quick x24 diamantina matches to reach reward 17 or 18 whatever it is. exchange gems for the troop and blue bubble it to mythic and done.

ā€¦and I try to play vault at least semi-active because obviously thereā€™s always something better and more rewarding you can do in ā€œthe real worldā€ but it is the only weekend/gamemode that ultimately hands out reasonable rewards if you farm enough (what even is enough?!) keys throughout the weekend. the more you play - the more possible rewards you get.
simple and fair concept.

Never even thought to use non-Bounty troops, geeze. Thanks for that tip, Iā€™ll just grind through the easy levels with 2x Diamantina.

1 Like

Most high levels donā€™t bother doing Bounty at all. Something about how much time it takes. These same people stream GW for 8hrs a day though so im not sure what that means. Of the ones that do they use their hero or non bounty troops. Im confused on this logic too. Ive even talked to someone who doesnā€™t bother even buying the Bounty troop because itā€™ll be in chests later anyway, still does Bounty though. World Event takes all week and Bounty might have better rewards but thats probably just my opinion.

I stopped doing Dungeons without a perfect run, as diamonds are not a necessity for me anymore and i earn diamonds from montly vault event/keys. I will also not be doing dungeons for the daily xp boost 15m means nothing
ā€¦1/100th of the way ti my next level? Cool

I know most people donā€™t do daily underworld runs. Some dont even bother obtaining troops other than the ā€œimportantā€ ones (Beetrix/Bile/Truffle/etc.)

I also stopped doing any adventure board tiles like souls, i have 7M on my screen and like 4M more waiting to disenchant. Minor traitstones are a waste of my time. I still do gold keys because gold chests have gems.

I never skip a vault weekend. Its the only way I can get Dragonite and as said above, diamonds.

Ultimately you just decide whatā€™s worth your time and skip the rest. Theyā€™re turning it into a chore. Just take a step back and remember its a game, youā€™re here to have fun, not punch the clock.

2 Likes

Dungeon is 3 mins run, bounty about 30s max per battle unless you got really unlucky, canā€™t see it being anyhow hard to play out. Factions are another story tho, but itā€™s resources can be found in dozen other places

3 mins for dungeon? My game works much differently than yours. Either way its not worth my time, skip

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done like two delve runs in months because I just donā€™t want to spend my time on them when thereā€™s so much else to do.

2 Likes

The only thing except pvp and explore I do now is things that requries guild effort, like just doing my part.
Apart from that, adventure board if there are deeds, and one or two GaPs in a vault weekend on the WC.
So honestly itā€™s not too much for me, espcially now there are only one guild event per week, except GW and ToD together case. Previously the weekend guild event like invasion and raid can add on WE.
GW doesnā€™t take that long, the only thing is I want to keep the ā€œbestā€ medal combination on for defense rather than using 3 Nyshas.