Sapphire and Steel

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/sapphire-and-steel/

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Sapphire Knight The Sapphire Knight will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Weapon: Ethereal Shield This week it will be available in both the Event shop, and in…

1 Like

Someone obviously remembers this :wink:

3 Likes

Not me! :slight_smile:

Arcane Energy…
@TimeKnight

1 Like

"All irregularities will be handled by the forces controlling each dimension.

“Transuranic heavy elements may not be used where there is life…”

A classic piece of sci-fi/ horror with excellent writing :+1:

2 Likes

What are the restrictions for this event?

Wait until reset. They won’t tell us restrictions nor how many points are necessary to gain all rewards.

Same with every World event so far :frowning_face:

2 Likes

That’s what I figured, but just thought I ask. Thanks

1 Like

To be fair.

They do it this way because the devs don’t know how it’ll truly work until after reset as well. :grinning:

9 Likes

Hahaha you are not wrong :joy::joy:

Yo, wtf?

IMG_20200803_172941

No.

Just wait for Friday → new mythic should be released on Friday…

1 Like

At least it wasn’t VIP chests… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m seriously not impressed at how many resources the campaign task expects players to spend compared to how much the free track gives back.

At least the old daily tasks gave gems when you used resources. It felt like a “fair” trade. What’s the trade here? temporary stats? since its not anything else in the free track

I mean look at it, 5 gem keys, 2 event keys, and a vault key on week 3? what’s next?

4 Likes

Yeah. It’s getting worse.

Week 1 - 2 Event Keys
Week 2 - 2 Event Keys
Week 3 - 2 Event Keys AND 5 Gem Keys

This week, free users get 245 Glory, 2 Epic Ingots, and some crappy traitstones in trade for 80 Gems worth of Keys. At least we can hold off on using the Gem Keys until Friday for the new Mythic, but they certainly didn’t wait to take the gloves off on this, did they?

On-topic, anyone have an estimated event tier purchase yet? Looks like it will take an average of 200 points per player.

4 Likes

Not a fully worked out solution. From looking at the leaderboard, 40 wins was conservatively giving 130 points. So 80 sigils from a tier 3 purchase should give more than enough points for that 200 point mark (6000 total points / 30 guild members)

Weapon is a tier 4 purchase

World Event Scoring

• Glutmaw: 1-3 Arcane Energy
  • Bone Daemon: 1-3 Arcane Energy
  • Hellspawn: 1-3 Arcane Energy
  • Arcane Horror: 1-3 Arcane Energy
  • Shade of Kurandara: 1 Defense Crystal

Arcane Energy = 1 Point
Defense Crystal = 10 Points

Level seems to have no effect so always fight lowest.
Always fight Shade of Kurandara when it appears.
Appearance order seems random.

Reward Tiers

Stage 1 - [8]
Stage 2 - [32]
Stage 3 - [40]
Stage 4 - [130]
Stage 5 - [180]
Stage 6 - [310]
Stage 7 - [400]
Stage 8 - [600]
Stage 9 - [700]
Stage 10- [900]
Stage 11- [1,000]
Stage 12- [1,700]
Total - [6,000]
Per Player - [200]

Event Completion

Tier 2 - 75 Fights - 262 Points
Tier 3 - 81 Fights - 283 Points
Tier 4 - 94 Fights - 329 Points (weapon tier)

Average of 1350 fights - 3.6 points (Calculated as 3.5 for a small safety margin)

Tier 2 should easily be enough in a full guild

I cant in good conscience recommend Tier 1 but it may be possible with 30 members all completing Tier 1 or even Tier 0

Tier 0 - 62 Fights - 217 Points
Tier 1 - 67 Fights - 234 Points

• NOTE - This is an early calculation from a very tired player so please take it all info with the usual caution

EDIT

The average looks closer to 3 long term but I am too burnt out to calculate it right now. Tier 2 is still more than enough to complete though.

9 Likes

Is Queen Aurora hidden in the event somewhere?

nope she’s not,
only pvp & explore this week

1 Like

Imagine the frustration of grinding mythstones to unlock a boss battle in Silverglade, and then getting Will of Nysha instead of QA.

Also, I’ve done about 20ish battles in the event so far, and never once gotten more than 1 single Arcane Energy. Which is really frustrating when the enemies get up into the higher levels. Last week FELT more rewarding to play, even if the reward tier requirements are equally balanced with this week.

4 Likes