Salty is Gallavanting (AKA, Salty is Leaving for a Month)

I went against my instinct to flag this post… Since my perception of it was a “quitting the game” post. :wink:
Enjoy Salty, you deserve a break and will be missed!

Guess who’s (not) back, (not) back again, Salty’s (not) back, (don’t) tell a friend!

I will be back within a week however, and I remember many players asking for holiday snaps, so I thought I’d share a few!

16 Likes

What is the most surprising thing you have seen on/inside vending machines in Japan?

2 Likes

That is soooooo pretty. You look so calm

1 Like

Makes me want to go to Japan

2 Likes

… Um, nothing PG that’s for sure?

Japan is gorgeous, but the second photo was actually taken in China!

1 Like

Surely the word itself would be PG rated, even if the picture isn’t? Did you find one of the fabled underwear vending machines? Enquiring minds want to know!

4 Likes

No, we do not want to know.

Yeah that looks definitely a chinese bridge (and not a japanese one) :slight_smile: .

A little bit disappointed by the lack of proof of chinese cherry blossom (it’s a troll, I know it’s not the good time for that) :wink: .

Welcome (not) back.

1 Like

Lovely pics Salty

1 Like

Very beautiful pictures. Hope you enjoyed the trip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im not sure if i would drink these pikachu juice tough lol

1 Like

Damn I miss those vending machines and their warm drinks…

1 Like

Isn’t it, like, a million degrees where you are right now? I thought the Aussie weather service was constantly having to invent new colors to show how hot it is during the summer.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean I don’t miss the warm vending machine drinks for winter :stuck_out_tongue: They rotate the drinks in and out over the seasons in Japan. So as it gets colder you’ll see more and more vending machines being taken over by warm drinks (up to about 80-90% of offerings), and then as it warms up it shifts in the other direction. Was always kinda fun to watch it change over the weeks.

1 Like

I didn’t study that much the vending machine… but for me, winter + vending machine = lemon/honey hot drink :wink: .

1 Like

Canned coffee life! When I have better internet I’ll do a bigger photo dump. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah but hot canned coffee is available the whole year compared to Lemon/honey hot drink :wink: .

1 Like

You’re unlikely to get better internet anywhere outside Japan. Even the free WiFi at Narita is better than how you’ve described the internet at the I+2 offices.

3 Likes

Methinks she complains too much about internet speeds in general. Maybe she is trying to always upload too high a quality of source.