Runic Blade in Arena

I need to see what it does, if I see it again I’ll let it fill up and cast. :relaxed:

Yeah @Nephilim dont be so indecisive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The last few times I’ve watched tacet he’s missed loads of 4’s and made some strange moves. I don’t think he’s concentrating on the game, more on talking. I’m in no rush to spend my million souls.

Dawnbringer is legit in arena compared to Runic Blade. Don’t look forward to going against it.

Think I just vs’d yourself with it? 16 damage to all is nasty!

I believe there may be a possible future Nimhain’s Lair post discussing “Heroes, Weapons and the Arena”.

Of course, once I finally finish the other post(s) I promised…

8 Likes

Hero should be removed of Arena and put a “choose-between-3-choices” Epic troop:

• Hero was always much better than the troops
  • balance weapons so they are useful in PVP and not OP in Arena seems difficult
  • why give 3 almost random troops and the last one you can choose as you want?
  • it should be soooooo annoying to play Arena and PVP with Hero (if you use diffrent class)

It wasn’t possible when devs released Arena because we could buy “cheaply” 1 copy of troops… Now that the gem cost is okay (ie expensive), it should be fine to give some Epic troops. Or if it is really an issue, make it so players cannot buy Epic troops.

Of course, it’s too late to implement something like that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Or other solution: you cannot change the weapon and like for the troops you have to choose between only 3 choices :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

eww that sounds terrible :no_mouth:

4 Likes

i think hero belongs to arena. its actually the only place where hero really belongs to…

blasphemy :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If I could use my hero in arena, I’d never ever play it. It’s a chore and hero and a good weapon makes it less so.

I have never lost an arena match so no!

Honestly, I didn’t play since ages before answering here :stuck_out_tongue: .

So I did 3x8 battles in Arena:

• Hero has x2 stats compared to other troops…
  • I focused on the Hero with Runic Blade and won almost all my battles
  • I lost one time because the AI Hero was faster than me with… his… Runic Blade!
  • asap everyone will get their Dawnbringer, you can say bye-bye to this mode

To play Arena, I need Dawnbringer. To get Dawnbringer, I need souls. To get souls, I need to play Arena. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I faced 5 Dawnbringers in Arena tonight and lost to 4 of them. I had zero chance against them given how fast the AI can gather mana. The one I happened to beat I got unusually lucky with skyfalls/skulls/etc.

That weapon is crazy OP for Arena and it’s only going to get worse as more people craft it.

1 Like

I had no idea we fought against other real heroes. I thought it was random and they just attached names.

That is too many “if” and too far away.
Arena will have been killed by Dawnbringer long before that.

From someone who didn’t have an aweful lot of souls stockpiled when crafting came around, please don’t get Dawnbringer nerfed before i get the chance to even craft it… Don’t allow it in Arena or whatever, i don’t care but don’t nerf it pretty please.

2 Likes

Dont nerf Dawnbringer, If it is too strong for Arena, ban it from Arena. I might craft it too when I have made up my mind and have found an invade team I wanna use it in.

2 Likes

I am not in favour of nerfing Dawnbringer either. It can help making the hero a little viable in PVP again and it is a fun weapon.
But it would definitely need to be banned from Arena. Until/unless arena is reworked.

1 Like