Rope dart is outta control

I dont think removing the extra turn or raising mana cost will kill this troop.

I feel like this has always been the right approach. Imagine if you got a bonus for changing your defense team every few hours. Imagine if, at the end of the week, you got a bigger bonus for having a rotation of unique teams? Imagine any of a hundred other things that would reward you for changing your defense team.

Someone said “if it gets an above-average number of wins…” as the nerf critera but I think that shows some weirdness. Above average in what context? My defense Rope Dart team wins no more than any other random team I’ve put out. Defensive RD teams don’t defeat me any more frequently than other powerful teams.

I feel like the “real” root problem is RD wins on defense via deying the player an ability to make moves. That makes the losses feel unfair. Players hate that and have always called for nerfing anything but the mechanic that makes it possible: free turns.

1 Like

It’s all very well to suggest offering bonuses etc for changing your defence every few hours but who in the real world can be bothered with that? Those who work certainly can’t but I see the point your making, even though I agree with Rojo that what happens in pvp is irrelevant. Nerfing “good stuff” isn’t the solution; kerbing empowered troop overload is a better approach. Yes, all meta teams can be beat, but if the board is stacked against you with a tai pan or rabbit quad inevitable, the chances are you are in for some pain, no matter how creative your team building is. Most people are lazy and use other people’s teams because it’s easier and more effective than building their own. Plus there’s much less experiment time because events are too numerous and take too much time. This game is like an experiment testing the Stockholm syndrome lol.

I love the hard core stance you’re taking on this right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :heart:.

I have wanted free turns out of the game since the first time I saw Goblins go off. It’s not new, and I’ve never been shy about it.

What different team setup does rope dart require that wouldn’t beat literally every team ever made? Seriously, rope dart does one turn wins, so the only team that can reliably beat rope dart is one that also does one turn wins. and if you are doing one turn wins, then you can beat literally any team in the game regardless of how OP it is.

You don’t need one turn wins to beat Rope Dart. It’s not all Rope Dart anyway that’s the issue, it’s self converting generators like Ishbaala and Qilin and empowered. DI and Qilin work into each other generating additional turns.

It is out of whack maybe, but let’s see what you can do.

Apart from other strategies…

You can make Moon cast and miss fire fill you up. The AI will auto cast if it sees just about any 3 gem match.

You can use troops with skull reduction or enrage. So a really effective team vs Rope Dart involves using the Freeze on death talent. So for example Necromancer, or even better Assassin (Hunter’s Mark), a Doomed Weapon, a couple of troops with Stoneskin or greater and your own mana generator.

Assassin doesn’t get 50% start, but the freeze on death works really well on skull teams. You can setup your own skull generating team that does not need Rope Dart. I stopped using Assassin at 100 because of the constant need to level troops, but anyway, it works well in player hands.

1 Like

No, you are definitely not only one! Really wish 505 Games would pull their collective heads out of their nether regions and realize that it’s not only the whales that make up this community! I’ve been playing for years (literally) gotten multiple friends to play on the promise you don’t have to pay to be competitive. Thanks for making me a liar 505…