Rope dart is outta control

I say for what it does the mana cost needs raised to at least 24 . This is a powerful troop so thats my suggestion. Raise it to 24 or remove extra turn.

I donā€™t have ropedart cause I was an absolute daft and didnā€™t buy it cause I thought it looked :poop:. BOY, was I wrong. However, I do not agree that just cause someone is having a bit of trouble beating it, it should be nerfed. Enough cards have been ruined by people crying about getting beat (Iā€™m looking at Divine Ishbaala here :eyes:). Once the devs nerf something it becomes completely worthless.

Just avoid it, or find a way to beat it. :blush:

8 Likes

I quit getting honor when I changed my team away from a Rope Dart team. Seems like Iā€™m disincentivized to make a creative, on-color team. Go yell at someone else with your ā€œugh youā€™re not playing the game good enoughā€ talk.

It needs to be changed plain and simple. If you dont like my post well thats just too bad.

Iā€™m going to hazard a guess that most people want to use a single PVP team all the time. Rope Dart requires a different team setup to be beatable (or a good bit of luck with a typical PVP setup). That said, the extra turn seems like salt in the wound. I would not be sorry to see that go.

Extra turns on anything, including 4/5 matches, need to go.

Are you saying this in jest?

Yeah nerf goblins
I mean nerf guardians
I mean ubastet
Oops I meant divines
Errrā€¦zuul
I mean rope dart
Or was it peasant
Ahhh screw it

Whats the point of getting upset? It is what it is and it needs changed.

We need to stop nerfing weapons and just incentivize using more unique/fun teams in pvp. Ideally with the honor system that was proposed where you could basically upvote and downvote a team after you fight it and that would affect seeing teams like that again. I didnā€™t use a dragons eye team when they were strong and im not using a rope dart team now. but if we nerf all the unique and interesting weapons, what does that leave us with? Also donā€™t touch my EoE.

7 Likes

RopeDart became more challenging with the inclusion of moon rabbit, particularly in teams with Divine Ish and Qilin. I suspect this is why it has become more of an issue. But while challenging at times (which is a good thing), as others have said it is quite beatable.

For peeps that are struggling against it, Spirit Fox, can target a non-stealthy hero to drain and removes all yellow. If hero is stealthy, then SFox can target the mana generator. Also, a good tip to use Frostmage to help stop opponent and stop extra turns.

5 Likes

i want the 200 something useless weapons buffed nothing nerfed xD

4 Likes

Fist of zeus is the best rabbit counter

I use an EoE team to counter rope dart. usually as long as i can get ONE green match to start with, i can shut down the other team in some way, be it by EoEing their hero if they arent stealthy or the skull converter if the hero is stealthy. It isnt gaurenteed but works enough that rope dart teams dont stress me out. basically EoE is the answer to everything in pvp.

1 Like

I agree with this, really. I maintain that any Ishbaala/Qilin/Moon Rabbit team would be challenging enough without Rope Dart, and if you chucked a different weapon/4th troop in there, many people would still be frustrated facing it.

I guess being Entangled if you DO get a turn just adds a bit to the feeling of powerlessness, maybe?

Yea, nerf Divine protector, nerf Earthā€™s fury, nerf Jar of eyes, nerf Dawnbringer, nerf Tricksterā€™s shot, nerf everything that I donā€™t own.

I donā€™t have those weapons so they obviously have to be nerfed here and now, plain and simple.

Either increase their cost to 50 mono colour mana or take away their skills. They HAVE to hit for 1 dmg, otherwise it is overpoweredly unfair.

No need to get upset, they are what they are and need to be changed!

3 Likes

Even when executed well, reductio ad absurdum rarely convinces anyone. This was not executed well.

Neither does playing victim cover ones strategic ineptity (like Tsā€™s victimjacket, I lose to something, so that something had to be nerfed).

Keeping the same level, more or less.

Rope Dart in a vacuum is strong, but can be dealt with.

ā€¦ I hate Moon Rabbit.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget archer class used with Rope Dart for a chance of an instant kill with skull hit lol. imo you could remove the extra turn from rope dart and it would still be an effective useable weapon.

2 Likes