RNG is supposed to mean - Random Number Generator, not Rigged Need Goodluck

They admitted to manipulating the AI in order to assist new/early game players.

If anyone, anyone at all believes they do not do that to simulate difficulty for mid/late game players, I have a bridge to sell you.

It happens, that is not fake news.

Summoning as a trait needs to be removed from the game. Now cue all the heroes spouting “I can beat it easily, there is a counter for everything”

3 Likes

Damn a 2 year old thread back from the dead. I was wondering when it was coming back.

So in terms of RNG and people burnouts. Here’s an opinion from yesterday:

so after writting that comment our guild member left (or maybe stopped playing at all…)

But yeah… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You mean how a 35% summon chance equal 90% for the AI? Or a 30% skull dodge chance means 99%?

It gets even worse when you match 4 or 5 gems with a spell in GW, aren’t even frozen, and you somehow don’t get an extra turn. That’s not even RNG. Just the game saying “screw you”.

1 Like

Tell me, how unlucky was my ex-guild member with:
a) enemy Archer hero being entangled
b) getting 3 out of 4 of his troops killed, by Archer 15% instakill trait

That involved a lot of skull converters on enemy side, or a lot of skull skyfalls that lead to at least match4… triggering that +1 extra skull damage which transformed into instant kill… 3 times in 1st round of the battle :wink:

1 Like

I’m nearly certain it has been confirmed by Salty that the AI’s percent chances are higher than stated to counteract a player’s natural human advantage.

EDIT:
Then again, maybe I’m wrong entirely!

Just sounds like admitting there are % chances where the AI is favoured without admitting there are % chances where the AI is favoured.

Anyway, I’ve had to plough through 8 Bandits in a single GW battle today, my ability to enjoy the game is starting to fade.

2 Likes

It is in the final analysis a game . But a badly balanced one. Its balance has been long shot; read the forums. Recent changes make it shoddy gaming. Effort wants a modicum of reward. There is no basic satisfaction playing this now wrongly named game; it should be rebranded as Gems of Lycanthropy. A bit like a warning; it is now a beast of a game and beasts are best left alone.

@FREDDY Sounds like a Guild Wars rant?

Tbh I’m used to favourable boards/luck but this is probably the worse board shuffle I’ve experienced from the last guild wars.

I’m so use to it as it’s a regular occurrence every guild wars, if only such RNG could be countered.

The streaky RNG was extremely noticeable in today’s blue GW. I went 3/5 when I should have been 5/5. I had the advantage against the same Doomed Tome team twice. But then, several Beetrix casts later in each match, I didn’t get one single extra turn or 4 match. On top of that, I used Rope Dart to Entangle multiple enemies and in both matches the Entangles wore off just as the opponents Tome was filled up, just in time to wipe most of my team. All of the Entangles wore off. And the opponent had no cleanse.

Oh, and I can’t forget the 100% summon chance for Bandits when an opponent died. I killed 4 enemies over the two matches and every single one summoned a Bandit.

It honestly just makes me want to give up on the game.

Just find a guild with non Guild Wars requirement and you are set! :grinning:

Nah, I like my guild too much. And the rewards that come with GW. XD

But seriously, there’s a lot of cool people on my guild, so no way I’m leaving.

2 Likes

Then stay, and bite the sour grape when it comes to GW. :slight_smile:

35% rate before the devs manipulate the AI and con the players with their toxic bs, then lie to us and say their obviously broken “tests” passed.