Request for Legendary Tier List

There’s talk in another thread of legendaries that need buffs, and I wanted to weigh in/raise the question here:

• Gloom Leaf seems to be surprisingly popular. I have a hard time seeing a use for it on offense, do people find it useful for defenses? The lack of skull reduction makes it fail at its primary objective (first-slot troop), though the impervious+thorns trait combo make it likely that it’ll take down whatever kills it. The spell just isn’t very good; stealing a skull’s worth or so of armor and 16 attack at best for 16 mana. If it stole enough attack to actually hurt the enemy’s team, it might be more interesting, but I’m not seeing it as a useful troop in its current incarnation.
  • Psion was formerly great, but has similar problems to Gloom Leaf - it can’t function as front troop well in the modern game, making the third trait useless. Its damage is terrible too. The mana-draining aspect of its spell could give it a niche, but we have so many other mana drainers now that I’m not seeing it. Open to persuasion on this one though.

Garuda and Viper do have bad traits (particularly Garuda), but their spells are much better than the D-tier troops, and the new guild guardians can be used to even further boost their damage.

1 Like