[Reported]PvP League starting with people with over 2000 VP less than 2 minutes after weekly reset

Platform, device version and operating system:
Xbox

Screenshot or image:

I started looking at the league about 1-2 minutes after the reset, but didnt take the screenshot until about 4 minutes after reset, regardless 2400 VP in that amount of time is unreasonable.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting the VP earned to be reset for everybody on weekly reset, but there are people in my league (sapphire) with 2400 VP 2 minutes after reset. I do not think it is possible to have done 24 battles in 2 minutes, so there is something wrong here.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I guess on weekly reset it might not reset everyone to 0 VP

Steps to make it happen again
Look at PvP League shortly after weekly reset

3 Likes

Programmer is already working on it thanks!

4 Likes

checking mine crashed my game on playstation but yes everyones vp was the same as before reset EDIT cannot click on global leaderboards on pvp without it crashing my game non stop please fix!!!

3 Likes

I’ve made a help center article here if you’d like to follow for updates to the bug status:

1 Like

Update:
We have a programmer working on a fix for this now. We’ll have to put the fix through QA tomorrow before releasing it.

You can keep playing PVP normally and the incorrect scores will be corrected in the next 2-3 days (bear in mind I am giving a much wider time frame than the devs gave me because I like building in wiggle room in case something goes wrong in testing)

7 Likes

It also happens on Android.

There is a player who hadn’t even played yet but had almost 4k points. Not on the leader board, though.

1 Like

Well, it was intended, that total VP points partially carry over between seasons. Maybe somebody got that confused with the weekly board.

2 Likes

Why start now?

2 Likes

I also have FantasticColonel172 in my league with exactly the same stat/score. Hope the developer will fix the bug soon.

2 Likes

Is the fix out yet? I still have one person in my 30-people bubble with a score that doesn’t match the number of battles they played. They would have to achieve 139 VPs per battle, that’s not really possible, is it? The most I ever got in one battle was 111. No. 2 also has a bit too consistent 100+ score per win. Is it all really fixed?

Alpaca

2 Likes

The maximum of bonus points per fight is 35. The highest base value I’ve seen so far is 90 [Edit: My own level is a bit over 1500], but low level players might be in a better situation here.
My personal best result was 122, I think.

If you got a really good turn one combo setup and use gems to switch opponents, I consider a 110+ average possible.

This is likely the hidden progression tax. You are almost twice the level, you receive roughly half as much VP and gold for battles. This was also present in the old PvP system, they eventually added a penalty cap (allowing you to gain at least 50/58/66 PvP points) so high level accounts wouldn’t entirely drop off the board. It looks like this cap might not have been migrated to the new PvP system.

1 Like

110+, fine. But 139 average over 83 battles? That seems pretty unlikely, even for a lower level player.

All players in my 30-people bubble are within the 1005-1014 hero level. I’m the only one higher than that.

EDIT: I realised I forgot about the extra 1000 VPs from PvP goals. But even then, it’s 127 average per battle. Way more than I’m getting…

2 Likes

No, unfortunately it’s perfectly normal. It’s not low level players getting more, it’s high level players getting much less. I’m a bit further up in the power curve, I can’t even ever get 100 VP from a battle.

1 Like

All I can do is facepalm. I understand that lower levels might need some leg up to stand a chance against long-time players. But this is kind of… extreme. And unfair to us.

2 Likes

Does anybody around here have or know someone with an account a little over level 1000? I’m curious, with what area of base VP we’re dealing here.

One would think that brackets should take care of that, with weaker accounts competing in lower brackets until they get stronger.

If it helps, the battles I’m getting offered at high level are usually in the 25 - 35 VP range, with rare exceptions going higher. Most of my VP come from bonus goals.

2 Likes

I guess it will take several weeks to shake out and for the leagues and bubbles take true effect. Last week I was the only active one in my bubble (with the same 29 companions as reported on the forums). Now I have 7 active people (including me) out of 30. My alt account (hero level 1399) has 3 active people (including me) in the group of 30.

My base VP from Summer Isle: 29 / 40 / 38; my alt’s base VP from Summer Isle: 47 / 68 / 68.
My base VP in Southwild: 39 / 36 / 81, my alt’s base VP from Southwild: 41 / 51 / 56.
From what I’ve noticed so far, the base VP varies quite wildly.

That’s the case currently. Only players over level 1000 did start in emerald league (and therefor could be promoted to sapphire) last week. Lower levels are in lower tiers.
If you are right though, this will get worse, not better, as players at 500-1000 would have an even bigger competitive advantage and better promotion chances. And maybe even players under 500 are able to deal with endgame teams on a halfway reliable basis.

Once those are able to break into the top bracket in five weeks, we will know.

P.S.: And I guess, we agree, that the team strength difference between a level 1000 and level 2000 account is almost nonexistent.

Is it, though? You can reach level 1000 in a matter of 2-3 months (my alt reached 1000 in 7 weeks), but my team scores were still nearly half of my main account’s teams, when using the exact same teams. A level 2000 likely has a nearly full collection and all classes levelled, which a level 1000 won’t have, won’t be even close. And all this affects team strength/score.

Some things can only be remedied by time and growing the collection, game completion/progress, not just by a number next to the portrait.

2 Likes