[Reported] Gold mark bonus for citadel victory doesn't work

When they do fix it, it’s unlikely that it will work in the 3 regions from day 1. The gold mark bonus is only supposed to run for 24 hours, so the first day’s victories are now completely pointless (unless they extend the timer somehow).

Best case is that it’ll be fixed by end of day today, and the bonuses will run tomorrow in any regions your alliance wins today.

4 Likes

Given that the bonus was apparently a single set of silver marks being replaced by gold ones, the compensation really needs to be for all players to receive the gold marks they should have earned, in any region that was won. Similarly, if they don’t get it fixed today, whoever wins today’s CW should get the same compensation when it still doesn’t work tomorrow.
Basically, purple alliance won three Citadels Tuesday, and should have received 3x20 gold marks Wednesday (one silver lantern bonus per region, based on the amount the middle rings give), so every purple alliance member needs 60 gold marks mailed to them.
And if green alliance won today and got no reward tomorrow, they would all get mailed the 25 gold marks they should have earned (since today is an outer ring CW). Or red, or whoever wins (probably purple, but we’ll see).

If they don’t do that, players will not engage well with this new mode.
Given that many of us are still awaiting compensation from the leaderboard issues when new PvP first launched, and they told us they’re keeping a list and will give accurate compensation when the leaderboard is working again, I assume this current compensation will get added to the pile and we’ll all eventually get it when they finally manage to make PvP work “correctly”.

2 Likes

There’re a few hours left until daily recet. Any update on this issue?

3 Likes

weekend is near, soooo

1 Like

“tomorrow Australia time” never comes :grin:

I guess another broken day?

Tis the land of the ‘never never’.

1 Like

Another lie, another disappointment.
They always used the excuse that the program was old and difficult to program, but this event is totally new, so it’s just a matter of lack of competence.
By now dear Kafka, you have lost all credibility and trust of the best players.

3 Likes

As long as they compensate the appropriate number of gold marks per day, it doesn’t really matter how long it takes them to fix it. An update would be nice, though.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We have been working on a hotfix for this today.
However, while this is a “quick” fix, it will take us a few days to do QA, submit the new patch and wait for approval on the stores.

We’ll release the hotfix as soon as it’s approved and we’ll announce the hotfix details as soon as they’re finalised.

We’re sorry this issue occured as we know you were all keen to get your hands on the new rewards when they were meant to release.

We’ll fix this first and then we’ll work out what to do about the missed winning Alliance region bonus.

Also I apologise for the delayed response, we had team members (including myself) out due to illness yesterday.

14 Likes

May you enlighten us if gold marks upgrade reward has been working just fine at the beta team? I wonder… Like, for real. The first thing to test it is.

1 Like

Has the 20% Skill Bonus been active in other Alliances? If so you owe the Dark Order even more…the 20% Skill Bonus is only supposed to be active if the winning alliance gets their Gold Mark Bonus.

1 Like

This is a client hotfix? Why? The server is in control of handing out the rewards, which also applies to any extra gold marks players might get from battles. As long as the server sends those gold marks, players will receive them, never mind any client update. If this is about showing some visual indicator on client side that the bonus is active, I’d rather have gold marks now than a “quick” fix for visual fluff in a month or two once all platforms have given their approval.

You won’t even have logs any longer at that point, so this will get worked out to thanking us for our patience, understanding and valuable feedback. Please instead activate the gold mark bonus on server side.

9 Likes

Because gold mark bonuses have limits for every player :sweat_smile: and it’s not that easy to implement

That implementation is server side, and allegedly already around. As much as we know it just has to be turned on. I wonder if the issue isn’t rather that most players joined the winning alliance, and those running the game now having second thoughts about how many rewards they really want to hand out as a result.

9 Likes

This is my thought, also. It feels like they want to crunch some numbers on the imbalances before turning on the reward spigot. Ridiculously unfair to the player base? Especially the poor sods who paid for sigils? Sure. But not really surprising. Someone has to test this mode, right? :joy:

5 Likes

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. They’ve done those quick turnaround hotfixes before. They have to submit something for patch submission to bother doing a hotfix and the joining an alliance Achievement by itself is not enough of a reason for them to want to go through the process to submit.

So unless there’s something else major broken in this update that couldn’t wait till 8.0, something needed additional coding for gold mark special zones that isn’t as easy as turning on rewards. It could just mean they forgot to program the start of the event, or typo errored something similar which seems a little more… odd.

Expectations: bonus gold marks the whole day
Reality: 15 not guaranteed gold marks after daily citadel battles
:rofl:

2 Likes

They might as well just Compensate everyone cause the majority of the player base went for the easy win anyways.
Maybe until they figure out how to make it fair give everyone the rewards.

3 Likes

They will compensate everyone with their usual useless 50 gems.

8 Likes