Remove Empowered Please

This elitist, condescending attitude adds nothing to this conversation. Oh, and condescending means: having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.

2 Likes

A month or two ago I was curious about this and collected data from taransworld for Guild Wars (PC/mobile).

X-axis: GW Brackets in descending order, from 30 to 1
Y-axis left (bars): Average points per guild over the past nine Guild Wars
Y-axis right (line): Percent of bracket 1’s average points

Some notes:

• Bracket 1 scored an average of 1’457’524 points over the past nine Guild Wars
  • The drop in average points relative to BR1 is pretty consistent at ~1-3% per bracket
  • Bracket 1’s average points peaked seven Guild Wars (2020-09-21) ago (1’483’576 points then, 1’479’512 last GW)
  • Average points per bracket (except BR1) improved by ~4500 points per GW (= for a total of ~3% over the nine GWs I looked at)
  • Most brackets are gaining on BR1
  • BR2 and BR1 might reach point parity by the end of the year
  • Most brackets had their peak at some point in the past
  • Brackets are not uniformly improving in scores, a third to half of brackets are losing points each GW
1 Like

I know the top guild on Xbox and top guild on PC has finished 1st 7 of last 8 times. The top guild on switch finished 1st 8 out of 8. No clue about PS. This is not random. As for Xbox there is only 3 or 4 guilds capable of finishing 1st before books and the same is true now. As for points being lower I cannot see any difference in points in our main guild. Our points were a little lower than the war before but we had actually planned that to be the case due to vacations or whatever. Lots of guilds are scoring over 1.5 mil points in wars and when you are doing that about everyone in guild has to score over 50k. Very little losing going on in those guilds to books or anything else.

1 Like

I thought it was A LOT closer up in Bracket 1 than this. OMG!!

Hmmm… I don’t think auto looping actually exists. Players always have to click the cast at least. But I think you might mean infinite looping? Like where there is zero chance to lose turn? That is a bit of an issue in GW and pvp. Since defenders are automatically handicapped by a turn, removing looping would almost remove any chance of defenders winning. So that would be a different issue.

I’m not saying you are wrong. Just thinking “out loud” so to speak. My honest thoughts and perspective is more or less this…

There are (unfortunately) many necessary parts of the game that are a rather tedious grind. Not a dis on the game. All progressive games have tedious grind parts. It’s a thing. But anyway, looping is one of the ways people slog through all of the stuff they need to do but would rather not.

Meanwhile there are other parts of the game that are supposed to be less of a grind and more meaningful. Looping there sort of subtracts from that. This is why I would rather a targeted approach to the problem.

“Say no more”, been saying it for years. Orcs, Heroes, and Brown Mana Kingdoms Thread. Not about me, itz about the love of the game.

Same here, Potential Friend

As a JV HS Football official, “Advantage/Disadvantage”. Both sides have access to all troops. If my alt goes 0/5 on Brown day offense, and my Snotling Paragon goes 0/20 on Defense, that’s on me, for not doing a better job Training, Recruiting, and Developing my Mates. Those numbers rarely were that bad. connection issues?

I tried to pass on to my fellow Guild Mates the best defenders, and best attackers. We were about that GW life, but why should non-GW Gem players suffer for 1 week outta 4 because Hard Core Gamers (or casual players that only like to play 1 week outta) during GW?

And not to drag this out, but the “Turn it off for GW” Argument? Okay, let’s remember they in Australia. Language barriers once we cross that Equator, or Prime Meridian, or both. Let’s be realistic, if it were easy to Code, every body would be doing it , myself included. 'nuff said.

Tl;dr: Please have realistic expectation for a f2p game that charges exorbitant fees. Of course Gamers they don’t have money to reinvest in the hiring, retention, and development of efficient Coders. Of course Gamers, it’s just “not in the budget”. (Blend of Three dog and that President from Fallout 3. I’m an addict, i am getting help, First time in my life, I don’t want to play Games. Thanks for allowing me to share. :+1:

“Now shut up and take my money”…other people got the Meme talent down better than I, but if we as a player base continue to support bad business practices, that is on Us, and not them. /end

Public service request: Local Sports here in the States, Spring, Fall, Winter and Summer, they all need more Officials. Believe it.

I can share some stories, this is not the thread for that. I used to make some good $, (ok, maybe not good, but enough to supplement my income) maybe similar opportunities exist near U, dearest Reader, no matter where on Planet Terra you may currently reside. And if you decide instead to be a fan, or parent, or participant, please remember Officials are Human too. If we were smart enough to code, do U think we’d sign up to be an Official? Not bitter: my life, my choices. I’m making different ones now, and I’m feeling much better. Thanks to all my new Potential Friends

I’m sorry for interrupting this conversation, Please, GW next week. Remember to fight your battles. :+1:

1 Like