Remove Empowered Please

It was an example. And if you can’t use empowered coverters, you will use explorers instead of it.
Somehow you have to get mana fast.

Explode far less consistent than converting. The only troop who can explode and starts with full mana is leprechaun. For full point you can’t use it in all teams, so not as bad as converters.

So you only want easier defences!
Now I got it!

2 Likes

No, I want more variety.

Then my suggestion must be perfect for you. Why do you still talk about the evil empowered converters?

If you want more variety then go play another mode after doing your 5 GW battles you call boring. I do 10 per day and I see lots of variety. You are calling gem converters over powered but they basically only convert gems and do very little damage. Not sure what’s over powered about that. If you want to say that maybe the bandit shoul go back to the way it was because now it makes the hero even stronger some may listen to you. The main problem is not boredom because some folks spend 8 hours a day in explore doing the same thing over and over again. The main problem IMO is laziness. Some folks want to have easy battles without any use of the brain so every mode in the game can be played without any thought whatsoever. I will decline your silly offer of not using converters. I have said before to you that I like board control and I will take my chances with DEF that puts converters in the hands of the AI vs converters and my brain. I guess you don’t trust your noggin as much as I trust mine. JS

You can use LEP in all teams. It may cost you some points but you can use whatever troop you want in wars. There are lots of people that don’t want to be bothered with thought in wars so they do just that. Am I recommending that to you? Yes, absolutely. It’s only a few points and keep your fingers crossed for something good to happen.

1 Like

THIS! Sometimes I feel like people forget this. No, it is not always about using the daily colors for all troops - it is about winning.

4 Likes

One more point. The Devs are not in the business of telling folks what DEF a guild can or cannot use. They sell stuff to you in order to make you stronger like sentinels and scrolls to upgrade your weapons. If you choose not to buy the stuff then see yourself struggling against the folks who bought the stuff it’s your fault. There would be far fewer buyers of stuff if people were not allowed to use the things they bought. It’s GUILD WARS which means the other Guild is trying to beat you. They do not care about how bored you are or how tired you are of their DEF. If their DEF wins you are going to keep seeing it. It’s competition and some of us like competition. If you want to see less of a DEF then learn to beat it like I have. Think of it this way, you are at a baseball game and they sell you peanuts and a drink but you can’t eat or drink in the ball park. Who in the world would buy it? Answer no one.

How adorably condescending. I won’t bother asking you if you have ever entertained the thought that you might be seeing it the wrong way. Primarily because this is the internet. The magical land where everyone is right. Hey… I’m here too, doing it. So here we are. Haha

Anyway, back to empowered. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that you think empowered is bad for GW but think nerfing it in GW is unfair. How do you square that circle? I really want to understand. It might even be just we aren’t understanding each other. So I’m going to express my thoughts about empowered troops more precisely…

In guild wars, I do not find their presence boring or over powered. However, my guild is not in top brackets and I don’t feel qualified to say how that experience is. So I am just willing to accept that is the case in high brackets.

In PvP I don’t find it to be boring or a hassle. My “attack everything” 3 trophy grind team doesn’t have an empowered and even though I see a lot of defenders with them, it seems like no issue.

I use them in low level explore grinding, adventure board. Farming mainly. Sometimes in an event if it fits. One of my explore 12 teams has an empowered troop in the mix.

So, the way I experience the game, the only place empowered troops create an obstacle to diverse play, is in GW. Why in the world do you consider it remotely fair to interfere with folks enjoyment of other modes by removing a mechanic that helps make those modes fun for them? Yet… it’s somehow completely unfair to specifically target the mode that is giving you the upset? How does your gameplay and choices suffer if someone wants to get their adventure board cleared in a timely fashion and move on?

Just to repeat and be clear… While I have never felt that I had to use empowered troops in every GW attack, I can absolutely see how that ends up in higher brackets. Totally. Even if that is only 10% of people, it’s ok to not want that. No disagreement there. So nerf it there. I have some newer players in my guild. They will have zero chance of ever getting anywhere if you remove their speed for the grindy stuff. I’ll be fine, but they won’t.

You have to look at balance in terms of the entire game. This particular game has so many things going on (I love that!)… those of us who have benefited from some of these mechanics should not be pulling the ladder up behind us because, oh well, we are bored now. Not cool at all.

1 Like

@rojo @Eika @Tresk I answer you all in one post.

Exactly, and emp. converters make the game more easy for the lazy ones. Instead of trying to come up with teams which can work the only thing you have to do is throw in 1-3 converters and a glass cannon and hope for the best.

About using Lep. in every team, do it if you want, but I like to challenge myself to create a full color team for the day, and we need that extra points to have a chance.

Don’t try to twist my words. You were talking about penalizing them in defense teams. Penalizing them in defense is very far from nerfing them equally in all game modes.

The best early teams don’t have empowered converters on them. The rowanne team has Leprechaun, the other good team is the Skeleton Key team also don’t have empowered converter. The beginner’s struggles were mitigated by the warband tokens and rewards.
More warband like thing can be introduced to help players in their early days.

This is an interesting distinction to draw.

Camp 1 — the main skill/fun of Guild Wars comes from teambuilding. Being forced to use empowered converters to counter empowered converters negates that fun as it “limits” choice; ie: a player should be able to use a variety of on-color offenses and still succeed.

Camp 2 — the main skill/fun of Guild Wars comes from using the team you’ve built. Teambuilding takes a bit of a backseat, as what matters is countering and overcoming the opponent (so in some ways the team one builds is already mostly-determined just by what one encounters, as the trick is to build a precise counter rather than exercise creativity, and this means the lack of effective options isn’t as much of a concern).

Camp 3 — those in the middle who don’t think building teams as direct counters are skill-less or lazy and recognize the skill involved in managing a glass-cannon (which is the entire team, not just the part of the team empowered converters fuel, by the way) once the battle is loaded; i.e: very little hoping involved at all, as the fun of building a team one knows will work and executing it well (meaning maintaining board control) is the whole point of the exercise.

Board control =/= “hoping,” I’ll note.

But carry on :+1:

I keep wondering… Yet, players win more matches than AI often. Why should there be any change at all?

Starting boards are pure bad luck that makes you wanna break your device. Making a team with empowered troops just makes it more probable for this to happen.

@Tibo If it’s working against you then why in the world would I look for something else. There is a lot to do in this game so if it’s working don’t fix it. The laziness I speak of is on the attack side not DEF side. Lazy is folks saying I cannot beat it so it has to be removed even though folks using the thing between their shoulders have little problem beating it most of the time. If you are not in B1 I’m not sure why you so worried about it. If you are complaining and you are not B1 then you will never get to B1 and stay because that’s way harder than whatever you are facing now. Trust me I have played in brackets that are not 1 and let’s just say it’s a different world in B1 and leave it at that. Again who are you to tell folks what they can and cannot use. You might try candy crush on wars weeks since you are having a hard time.

This is precisely why I said perhaps we just aren’t understanding each other completely. I did say defenders in one of my earliest posts of this thread. But that was because it was what everyone was saying the problem was. After that first post I just said in guild wars. I took the grand leap of faith that guild wars would be understood as both sides. But for the sake of clarity and understanding, I will explicitly say I have absolutely zero issue with nerfing or removing empowered in guild wars. I think it’s completely unnecessary, personally, but if it’s boring the tea and crumpets set there, then by all means fix that.

But you still have not justified why you feel destroying this mechanic in modes that do not impact your gameplay AT ALL, is necessary, justified, or even fair. Please for the love of dog, answer this question. Lol. Why do you need Joe Newbie to not have his fast adventure board team? How does removing his ability to pretend he will ever ever EVER catch up, ruin your fun or make your play boring.

Again… remove it or penalize it (both sides) in guild wars. No problemo. People are saying you lack creativity to counter it. I don’t think that’s it. I’m not in that camp. I totally get you just want to have diversity in it. I also get that the various restrictions for points that are in guild wars makes empowered troops almost always require an empowered counter, and I get that makes you feel like you can’t choose another path for a team. Get it!

But, while I respect your desire to have a GW experience you can fully enjoy, I wish you could respect everyone else’s desire to have an entire rest of the game experience that they can enjoy. So. I will end my interaction with this thread by saying this…

If empowered is creating a big issue in GW, then ok nerf it THERE in a fair and equitable manner for both sides. I PERSONALLY could live fine if it was nerfed game wide, but since my newer guild mates would suffer, I’m against that. I hold the ladder I don’t yank it up behind me.

Really lol. It’s Guild Wars! If you are talking about PVP then you might have a case. Guild Wars is Guild against Guild for crying out loud. You are not going to get variety in Wars because the good guilds talk amongst themselves. If a DEF does well then you will see more use it. If a DEF does bad you will see it less. I don’t care if it’s goblins or books or life death teams. If you lose to it expect to see more of it. This is intended. Seems some do not understand how guild wars works. Not supposed to be even. Supposed to be the best wins. If you are not the best then losing is what’s expected Geez.

Seems like some do not understand how forums work. I’m actually on your side of this debate. I have said over and over and over and even OVER again that I have absolutely zero issue with empowered troops at all. Zip.

But. My guild is not in top brackets in GW so I am allowing that it might be a problem in a situation I am not in. How would I know? I’m not there.

My part of this entire thread is about not being heavy handed with nerfs. If… IF it is a problem in GW then deal with it in GW. I’ve made it abundantly clear that I see no problem. Maybe you replied to the wrong person. I don’t know.

My thing is if it IS a problem in GW, do not screw up the rest of the game to solve it. That’s all.

1 Like

The one complaining said he wasn’t in top bracket either. If he has problems in lower brackets then empowered converters are least of his issues. Probably should skip wars and leave it to the folks that understand a match 3 game :joy:.

1 Like

IMHO, looping and especially auto-looping without any input from the players (I don’t think clicking on an ability cast can be considered input) is an inherent problem of the game. In the current state, auto-looping is clearly out of control. However, it seems that a lot of people like when the game plays itself, and the developers cater to these players, which results in current significantly dumbed down meta. IMO, a revision is long overdue, and I hope some adjustments are being considered by the developers.

I think that conversion of empowered into 50-60% mana at start and a general decrease in color spawns across the board should help. Removal of extra turns and any type of freeze immunity from all cards that involve board manipulation without player input might also help. Mercy can be left alone as a single card that starts with full mana. :slight_smile:

As it is currently, the outcome is determined by three factors: stats of the team, starting board, and selection of cards. Player input with regard to board movement is not on the list. Which is quite sad TBH.

Why not? It doesn’t happen automatically, and smart players won’t cast a spell just because they can but will instead wait until it is opportune to do so.

emphasis mine

I really don’t understand how so many people can continue to believe this when the same guilds across all platforms end up in almost the exact same position week after week.

Random inputs would lead to random outcomes. We don’t have random outcomes, so we shouldn’t think said outcomes are due to random, dumb luck.

And are stat disparities enough to determine the rankings? No — almost every single endgame account is the same stat-wise.

Does the starting board favor one guild over all others? No — this would be ridiculously unfair if it were the case, so the game should be doling out equal portions of luck and the opposite to all guilds.

Is selection of cards making the difference? Maybe. That’s harder to sign onto one way or the other — no one really shares what they’re using in the wars publicly. But, regardless: if guilds are consistently winning because they are selecting more effective card combinations, offense or defense, then said guilds deserve to win. Because they’re playing better.

5 Likes