Remove Empowered Please

I’d be down.

Already things like this exist that forbid certain strategies for people who want to score high.

For me, I think it should either be a free for all, or there should be some sort of (VERY WELL EXPLAINED IN-GAME) point multipliers (x.75 for every empowered troop, x1.2 for each each rarity level below mythic, or something like these, etc…)

3 Likes

Very bad idea IMHO

Hi.
First I would like to say, that it is really hard to set 6 defences that get wins in GW at all.
So from that perspective it is really necessary to have something like these empowered troops that get your defence rolling. But they don’t win “your” fights. It’s other troops that deal the damage.
If they are taken out early, your converters don’t harm the attacker.

From the attackers perspective it is wonderful that you have to use your brain for every single fight. You can face the same defence team but they might have another class equipped and other medals so you need a total different strategy to fight against it.
If you forget one single detail it could cause your dead.

So the most challenging thing in GW is to “play perfect” to get the max. amount of points.
And the frustrating thing is not, how the defense works, it is individual mistake in special situations. There is a small percentage of luck, but its really low.

People complaining about empowered converters being boring should maybe think about telling the devs giving us more competitive new troops and weapon for GW purposes!
This would change the META. And it could change so fast, that you have to be improving fast.

They give us time to learn what works good. :slight_smile: Thats good! I feel like they like us. :wink:

The main thing with GW is that you have to climb so long through the brackets if you open a new guild. Your progress should be related to the total guild points.
So if you win the bracket and you have lets say more than a million points, you can climb faster than if you have less. (just an example)

^^So from my point of view: Please fix the ranking system! And please give us new stuff for GW!

2 Likes

To be clear I am for being able to use all your troops and I am against any penalty for using a converter unless it’s the wrong color on attack. We have plenty of rules to go by. Adding more rules will hurt the players that already cannot seem to grasp the color of the day on attack and 24 unique troops on DEF. Will make it even harder for the players having to do the explaining. Some guilds seem to be doing fantastic with the current rules and I have not seen much movement in total points so I think the Books are too hard so Nerf the converters complaint is over blown.

Maybe those who can’t understand a couple basic rules should play candy crush instead of GoW.

1 Like

Wait. You are one of the folks complaining about over powered converters. Maybe you should go play candy crush. I want no changes and I lick my chops when I see the book teams. You need to figure out how to beat them like the guild I’m in has. You have entangle classes for skulls remember. If they have a troop that can’t be entangled then that is a troop that is not a converter so find it’s weakness. If these teams were so powerful then why are some guilds still getting the same points they did months ago. Over 1.5 mil. If I see a drop of 100k points then maybe you might be on to something but that is obviously not the case. You have 3 weeks before next wars and that’s plenty time to figure it out. If the guild you are in can’t figure it out then maybe change guilds. Guilds are always recruiting so maybe time to join a top guild.

This game will never be balanced.

An example is Bandit. They add 2 mana, then allow people to remove stealthy. Fixed!!!

The reality? Now bandit cannot nullify stealthy on other troops making it even harder to target them, couple that with the manipulated AI summon rates…

When they get a single dev who plays the game and a QA team that doesn’t sit and watch cat videos all day while working from home instead of doing their job, maybe then it will get some true balance.

LOL Empowered troops aren’t the problem, it’s simply the “RNG” in the A.I’s favor. In short, it’s not meant for for us to defeat the A.I. every single time, it’s why the game “blesses” the A.I. with cascades upon cascades. No matter how perfect your team and set-up is, you’ll lose if the game wants you to lose.

You will lose a match from time to time yes. There should be no expectation of winning every single battle. Who in the world wants to play that nonsense. Not supposed to be easy. I certainly try to put up the toughest DEF as I can. If you show me you can’t beat book teams then I will give you them til you learn to beat them.

This was against double and triple converts. :joy:

1 Like

So you think empowered troops are over powered in guild wars, but think nerfing them in guild wars is a bad idea. :thinking:. Interesting.

It’s not a balance issue, though. Unless you believe every team should be viable under any circumstance. I’m sure most people would agree that can’t work. If the empowered troops were only available to a small amount of people, that would be a balance issue. If you could only use them on defense that would be a balance issue. From everything I’ve read here and personally experienced, it seems like more of a “this meta is getting stale” issue. That would be a fair point. The next one will get just as stale and so will the one after that.

There is only one way to stop people from flocking to the optimals. That is to make everything equally optimal. Again… that can’t work. Even if you set aside game revenue, it would be boring to play.

You can remove traits from GW, but there will still be an optimal. You can remove empowered from The game and there will still be an optimal. The first option will turn GW into a slightly better version than the old arena (that will still be all about the optimal!). The second option would leave GW essentially the same (just with a new optimal to hate) with a bonus of slowing down the day to day grinding people do. You could Jimmy the scoring to penalize empowered defenses, but you’d have to penalize the offense empowered too or we would have an actual balance issue.

5 Likes

I replied to your idea of penalizing them in gw for defenses. That’s a bad and unfair idea, nerfing them is a good one.

You see balance the wrong way. In a game like this where so many teams can be created imagine balance like disk balanced on a tip of a spike. You can put pressure anywhere on the disk and can find an opposite point to counter that pressure. In a perfect world the disk is a true circle in reality the disk is like a circular shape thing with uneven edges.
Here come the balance issue. Adding empowered converters were like attaching a 2 feet long rod to the edge of the disk and using that to add pressure. The only way to counter it is to add attach another rod to the opposite side and use it to retain balance.
In game, the only way to counter empowered converters is to use empowered troops.
This is what makes the game so repetitive.

I don’t see how would balance make things boring. Now you have empowered converters and they dominate pvp. So instead of many ways of team building you are restricted to a few ways. I think this makes the game boring.

So overpowering they just wiping the floor with folks.

To be fair the rest of my book DEF went 3/6. So 3/10 is 30%. If 3 out of 10 is over powering then my goodness. Good guilds are beating them and bad guilds are losing to them basically. If bad guilds want to improve they need to spend some time going through your troops and weapons to figure out this game. It’s a once a month deal so you have time.you may also want to spend some gems to fully upgrade the books when TOD comes by again.

So your basic argument, as it has from the beginning, is learn to play like you do and all will be fine. Interesting, but not a very good argument in my opinion. Then you insult anyone that doesn’t play like you. Then you present arguments that you think back your point, but actually back the opposite. Then you provide a single screen shot of a single defense team and use it to extrapolate that empowered is not boring. You include “you may also want to spend some gems to fully upgrade the books when TOD comes by again” but show a defense team without a maxed book.

Overpowered != boring. 7 Overpowered teams that were completely different would be awesome, not boring. If all other teams failed against them, there would still be some variance in what you might run into. Currently, the higher you go, the fewer choices you will see, until it basically (based upon you and other top GW brackets) ends in a mass of Empowered troops as the backbone of most of the teams. That to me is boring.

The same effect can be seen in many other games with the same results. And most companies respond by either modifying the team by nerf/ban/word changing. It’s pretty much the standard when they realize they have messed up the balance to far. Like the Princess Fizzbin teams before the change or the “Devour on 4 or 5 match” idiocy.

Be that as it may, I don’t think I will ever convince you, and that is fine. You aren’t my target audience - the middle to upper part of the pack players and the company trying to maintain its revenues are. Boring = people leaving the game.

Good luck and enjoy whatever the next major release is.

1 Like

Nope not boring. Only boring to you. Arena is boring to me and that’s why I do not play it. You should go play modes you like and stop trying to get wars like those modes. The game sells you stuff to upgrade your troops and weapons. If the Devs started not letting you use it in the most competitive part of game then who in the world would choose to buy it. The people complaining simply do not want to put in the work to beat any DEF. So a Def that has a book that’s an 8 can’t win but if it were a 10 it would have gone 4/0 lol. Interesting… I had a 10 go 0/2 also… not going to show it because you will make up every excuse in the world for why it got no wins. Sun was not shining or it was raining that day. Who knows. The reason I like converters is board control. I don’t trust explorers. Explode and hope is not a good strategy if you ever want to take 1st in B1. JS

I do not want you to play like me btw. I want you to continue what you are doing. I want to win so keep doing what you are doing and I will keep doing what I’m doing. Saying I’m insulting someone because I disagree strongly is quite the stretch IMO but make up what ever you like I guess. I would be very surprised if you are in a middle bracket and are facing maxed books. My guild has a middle Bracket guild and their wars take 5 minutes tops. They give no thought to what they are facing because it’s that easy.

People saying that a DEF is overpowered well the person setting the DEF wants to beat you so that is intended. This is Guild Wars for crying out loud. It’s supposed to be a competitive mode where a guild tries to give you as many loses as possible. Not supposed to be oh this is hard so it needs to be Nerfed. If you are not in B1 it is basically irrelevant anyway because what are we talking 200 gems tops. I spend more than that on sentinels.

@Rojo I have a challenge for you. Next GW don’t use empowered converters in your attack teams, we will see how well you will do. If you manage to do it with no more than 5 lost battles I will admit I am too dumb for this game and will never complain again about empowered converters.

@Tibo,

I have a challenge for you. Next GW don’t use troops or weapons that explode something on the board, because skyfall is just random luck and GW should be skills based.
:man_shrugging:
It is a deck building game. Use what is there. The empowered troops just make the game fast.
You can like it or hate it, but you have to deal with it.
If they would not be there. There would be the same other troops again and again.
^^As I mentioned in my previous post. Best way to deal with that “problem” is to give us new troops which are useable for GW on a regularly basis

3 Likes

@Nordri almost done, the only exploding thing in my attack teams is MC in my brown team but I rarely use it. On the other hand I have at least 1 empowered converter in my teams but 2 is common too.