[reinstall - known issue] Can't get in after the 9.4 update

:stop_sign: ENSURE YOUR INVITE CODE IS IN YOUR PROFILE & IS CORRECT
Also, read the Known Issues article first to make sure this isn’t a known issue :stop_sign:

Platform:
:backhand_index_pointing_right: latest android. Oppo find x9 pro

Video or screenshots:
:backhand_index_pointing_right:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
:backhand_index_pointing_right: After updating GoW to 9.4 I can’t go into the game. It seems that log is successful but I cant go in. Before update everything was ok. Attached please find screen with log in screen and second screen with constant screen and the record of the screen.

Steps to make it happen again
:backhand_index_pointing_right: open the app. I even reinstalled it, but didn’t help.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
:backhand_index_pointing_right: every time

:stop_sign: ENSURE YOUR INVITE CODE IS IN YOUR PROFILE & IS CORRECT:stop_sign:

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. iPhone 13 Pro with latest iOS

1 Like

I am having the same issue iPhone 17. Says to restart game. Game will not restart.

1 Like

I have a Samsung A71. In 15–20% of attempts to log in to the game, I get the same error.

what error?

Also, is everyone still having this issue now?
And, is it happening on both wifi and mobile data?

I have had some players report that this resolves itself after a reinstall

There’s definitely an error under the hood, even though nothing is displayed on the screen.

I can only log in to the game via Wi‑Fi and only with the use of a VPN.

By the way, I haven’t encountered this problem again since yesterday and today. Perhaps everything resolved itself.

The issue resolved after 24 hours. Not sure what caused the initial issue!

In my ccase there still is a problem. But I found out that it is linked with this app:

when I removed GoW from its library, I can log in.

I still can’t log into the game via WiFi:

I have reinstalled the game several times, without success.

Do you have any suggestions for a solution?

That error above is not the same issue this thread is reporting that is resolved with a reinstall, that error is a connection error.
Somewhere between your device and our server is failing to connect - we’ve had no server downtime, so it’s either your internet or somewhere between your device and us.

Hi! I ran into this problem after updating to version 9.4. I managed to fix it by reinstalling, but the issue recurred yesterday. Interestingly, after reinstalling, everything works fine during the initial login when selecting an account, but the problem arises on subsequent logins. This happens on both mobile networks and various Wi-Fi connections. For now, I believe what helped me—aside from reinstalling—was opting out of downloading all assets in the graphics settings.

The issue just resurfaced for my device as of 8:25am EST. Both on WiFi and 5G.

It will get past the “logging in” screen but halt at the stage with the spinning wheel in the lower right corner.

strange because it was fine since Thursday morning after the initial issue. It was exactly one week ago when it was first reported then resolved a day later, maybe that’s an additional clue?

EDIT: reinstalling worked this time.

This likely isn’t directly related to the game servers, as much as I’m aware https://pcmob.parse.gemsofwar.com/ works for those who run into the issue. I suspect it’s trying to connect to some other party as well as part of launching, most prominently the integrated chat server. Reinstalling likely resets your world channel, so you won’t immediately run into the issue.

Next time it happens, try if temporarily disconnecting your network changes anything, that usually allows it to escape from the infinite connect loop.

Thanks for the update and additional info!

Hello I’m Gm and all those in the guild who have an iphone can no longer enter the game! And I with the Gw arrives and it’s important to fix!

1 Like

Make sure you have Gems of War account password by taking a screenshot from your phone. Press the Side button (power button on the right) and the Volume up button (on the left) at the same time. Save to photos.

Then go to settings, Iphone Storage, click on Gems of War → Delete app. Go to Apple Store, download said. Game told me I had an existing hero in the cloud, I ensured I entered correct email and password from the password screen I’d took a screenshot of. Took 2 minutes.

Good Luck

1 Like

Je l’ai déja fait et jai même reccommandé de le faire a ux joueurs dans ma guilde

I have already done it and I even recommended it to the players in my guild

1 Like