Redeem Codes on Console

Yup. While both Xbox and PS are Consoles, our games are almost completely separate. Different players, guilds, etc. We have similarities, like we both have Daily Tasks, and before console caught up to PC/Mobile, when new troops would come out, they would come out for both consoles, etc.

But, the consoles do have sepetate “ecosystems”, we can’t play cross platform with each other at all. If I was a betting man, I would venture to guess that’s mostly Sony’s fault. With Xbox putting so much effort in cross play gaming with stuff like Rocket League and Fortnight, but Sony blocking that ability on their platform, I would assume that Sony is at least part of the reason why GoW doesn’t have that, at least between consoles.

As for as PC/Mobile, I believe that’s because we use different servers than them or something like that, so that makes cross play with them either impossible, or at least a huge pain to try and do. That could have something to do with Sony too, I’m not sure. The servers thing was just something I would told a few times.

Also, I brought up the idea of a companion app once, like what Rock Band 4, Dying Light, and GTA 5 have for their games. Basically, an app that can interact with the console game. I asked if there was a way to make something like that so we (console players) could at least collect tribute and mail while away from our console. They, more or less, told me they couldn’t do. In the sense they weren’t allowed, not that they couldn’t actually design something like that. So, there’s that.

Then, of course, there’s the redeem codes. Xbox said okay, Sony said no, so neither console gets them. As far as the 150 gem Dungeon pack is concerned, I don’t know why Sony has that but the rest of us don’t.

Basically, what I’m saying here is, yes, you’re right. There are 3 games of GoW. Xbox, PS4, PC/Mobile. And they’re all far from created equal. In my opinion, there’s the PC/Mobile “Elites” and then Xbox and PS4 have to fight each other for table scraps. Again, just my opinion.

2 Likes

I’m certain this situation has existed where PS4 players for the last 8 MONTHS have been able to obtain Mythics at a greatly accelerated rate exists because the developers never play on either console. They probably don’t even know about it until they read it from us, nor would they ever notice on their own, how can they when both consoles in the office stay powered off? Even when they are “in console Global Chat” that is done from the PC.

…And unless Sirrian finds out the monetization model on PS4 has a gaping hole in it, I doubt anything will change on that platform. Considering he doesn’t visit the forums like he used to (after the death threats) the end result of this thread can be summarized: “no changes”.

=In conclusion=
Let the PS4 players have faster access to Mythics without monetization (I don’t care).
ReActivate Redeem codes to the X1 (PS4 players can petition Sony to change their policy).

3 Likes

Not exactly true for everyone. I subscribe to daily gems so that I have enough gems to buy this pack every Sunday. If the Sunday pack was five bucks, I would just do that instead. I don’t think this is as big a deal as it is being made out to be.

Of course it doesn’t apply everyone, especially brand new players. But its an awesome deal! I’ve personally have tens of thousands of Gems (I’d love to convert a few), and others I know make my stash look like a fifthly causal player, I prefer: daily casual :wink:

Converting Gems for that many Diamonds since Dungeons first opened up when they are time gated on all other systems IS a very nice deal no matter what ps4 players post.

1 Like

Diamond day for 150 gems rather than 5 bucks. Oh yeah!

1 Like