Raid Boss: Feedback and suggestions

Y’all sound like a bunch of ice addicts angry that because you’ve taken so much meth in the past you’re not getting the same high with this new batch! :wink:

Forget the rewards or payments for time invested. This is a game. And frankly I find fighting the same guy over and over and over all week to be not much fun. In fact the word that comes to mind is boring.

2 Likes

The real fight fun begins in the raid fights when the boss’s health and armor is above 300 and it seems that only people who spend a lot of gems and time will get to this point unfortunately.

I made the mistake of buying tier 7 twice, but now that I’m this far into, the challenge is pretty fun, puts warlord 4 casual pvp to shame.

I don’t think I’ll ever go past tier four again though. Unless the incentives change.

2 Likes

I would also say some gem rewards (per win?) to incentivise people to buy higher tiers, i don’t think anyone is buying higher than 2 next time around. At least soften the blow for some players to get the Godslayer to mythic for 500 gems every week if they win every single game and grab every single estimated valraven.

2 Likes

1 gem per win would be really nice and pretty low still.

2 Likes

Considering it takes 1k+ to get Tier VII I’d be thinking along the lines of 10 per win, maybe even 25

1 Like

Bird flew away, lucky to win though. So for example; I hit 800 boss fight, maybe 8 glory per win, or 8 trophies.

3 Likes

A general reply here about rewards.

I like them for now.
Guild Wars cost nothing. And the reward is nothing.
Boss cost more, maybe you put in 500 gems.
But you get troops weapons and stones from the shop, and the. Some orbs, keys, stones and gems from Portal.
Look at the total stuff you got from your investment (shop+ portals+ fights) and I think it balances out.

Sûre , cost of invasion and raids and daily dungeons drains gems, but then you save during GW week.
It’s the VIP chest that needs a reassessment, too costly in gems now that we can’t hoard.

With guild wars though you get a 3 trophy fight prize per battle won, and daily xp and seals for a daily win, and weekly rewards.

We pay into these sure, but the rewards per match are so unbalanced. That’s all I’m asking is give us a little bit more for each battle won, so it’s not such a drag.

The tiers are like a event chest, true too, I do like that part. And don’t mind spending some gems on that. It’s all about balance and I think they just over looked a few things, that’s all.

2 Likes

Why have the other troops in the battle against the boss when you don’t get any points or anything for beating them too? I kill the boss only and get x amount of points. I kill the boss and the others and I still get the same x amount of points. Seems a waste of time.

More variation in the daily battles. I thought you might have to beat a new series of minions each day before facing the boss. You basically pick up where you left off. Now on the third day I’m tired of fighting the same troops again and again. (OK there’s usually one or maybe two that switch out if you win, but if you don’t win you face the same line-up again unless you get that bird-thing that either gives you 2 battles or flies away.)

3 Likes

WHAT??? End of the week with guild war and you get A TON OF resources… gems

4 Likes

In Raid Mode (and I’m guessing Invasion too), the payouts are too low AND the gem prices in the shop are too high. Combined, its very noticeable.

Players don’t get enough Orbs for their efforts, and it comes as a random orb. Its hard to explain that 1 orb is valuable, because sometimes, it isn’t. You only get 4 orbs and 1 major when all 10 portals are completed, which most people won’t actually close the last 2 portals which are 2 orbs and 1 major orbs. So assuming 8 portals closed, that’s just 2 basic orbs.

I pity the people that get an orb of growth; orb of clans isn’t much better.
Crafting 20 orb of growths into a major orb of growth is completely unfair compared to the rate that orbs are given out.

The Zuul’ Goth “carrot” is also ridiculously too far forward. Xathenos was a fair time gate, Zuul’ Goth will take an eternity at the rate current payouts are given. 3 years+, maybe more depending on how unlucky someone is with major orb of growth. You’d also have to factor in the orb of clans dummy prize, and its just silly. Zuul Goth as a usable troop isn’t even that great. Some may suggest just to ignore it and pretend it doesn’t exist, but then that just seems like wasted content.

Now that the gnomes have nerfed rewards, the Vault Key doesn’t hold much value.

Gold: valueless
Souls: valueless
30 diamonds: since 80 diamonds + 3 gem keys + celestial traitstone + stuff for 50 gems exist, this isn’t much
10 event keys: its nice, but nothing to write home about by itself
Runics: valueless in this environment
Celestials: valueless in this environment

The payouts don’t justify the shop and the shop items don’t sell themselves, since the troop serves minimal purpose outside of the event.

As for the actual gameplay, it gets fun up until arbitrary X point which then the battles become tedious and long. The strategies go out the window since each fight is basically the same. After completing those fights, the actual rewards for completing a battle is non-existent, which doesn’t encourage more battles if the portals aren’t gradually closing, which won’t happen if people don’t care for the prizes.

Long story short, no part of this event encourages active participation. Orbs alone don’t justify low payouts, and orbs are very difficult to explain to people that they contain value, especially when half of them don’t.

A good portion of my guild don’t want to make an effort at this event again, and there’s really nothing I can do to convince them otherwise.

Personally, my end goal of these events is to craft Zuul’ Goth some day, and its just not happening with these 10 Portal rewards. I shouldn’t have to feel hopeless and giving up on crafting it on week 1.

Maybe if these modes offered many more orbs and equivalent gem rewards to the amount paid in to play the mode and the original 10 portals, it would feel more worthwhile. (then leave the pay 2 win option for that want to pay/play more after. create a personal tier of rewards for overachievers)

10 Likes

A separate addition to this: our guild finally cleared the 10th portal. One of the top performers got a Major Orb of Clans. Ouch.

4 Likes

Only if you are in high brackets. We peons are getting nothing and we have to pay gems for sentinels.

On the other hand, at least GW battles count as PVP battles. While Raid fights are long and boring and give basically nothing.

BTW, time is not given to us in unlimited amount. Raids give nothing against one Guild’s requirements and take massive time to be fought.

2 Likes

With effort our guild may just close 7. It will be tight.
Seriously, rewards need to start going deeper then top 100.
If you can make it in the current top 100, you probably don’t need the reward!

2 Likes

Make it less boring. Whoever it was on your development team that suggested people would enjoy fighting the same troops over and over and over again for virtually no awards deserves to be sent to their room to think about what they have done.

18 Likes

Yeah they give you different troops, a total of 6 maybe and some really annoying ones too this week.
Death mark and devour seem to never miss for the ai.

And if you lose, well, you’re stuck fighting that same team again.

Good luck.

I’m on boss level 410 and it’s;
Tzatoth
Tzatoth
Twisted knight
Boss

My first attempt I was devoured twice but I did kill the boss.

It’s all luck with how the board plays out. But that high you don’t get very long to get the damage in or it’s lights out.

And yes they are rare troops but again at high levels they are just nasty quick fill troops.

In future weeks it maybe even harder to get further. We’ll see.

Raid mode is a challenge that’s for sure, for some I bet it’s a challenge just to understand, I had a guy blow all his gems on event keys trying to get kingdom Troops and didn’t even know about the tiers, now he’s upset he can’t buy any sigils.

No tutorial of much info in game at all, not everyone comes here to read and not everyone knows every aspect of the game, oh well gems drained, Job well done devs.

How about a link in game to raid video? You know right in the weekly notes box. It’s the first week so I hope by the next one a few things change and we all start to get it more.

3 Likes

We finished on tuesday, and that’s what i got :slightly_frowning_face: Orb of growth (got that for closing the earlier portal too), orb of ascension, and major orb of clans, what a joke! No amount of mental acrobatics allows me to justify resources and time spent vs. resources gained.

I am in complete agreement with every other point you make. I cannot speak for anyone else, but quite a few other players i talked to have very similar attitudes.

In addition, way before i made it to bracket one i enjoyed guild wars simply for the challenge and the fun of building mono colored teams, coming up with decent defenses using a limited amount of unique troops, and competing for highest score both within the guild and overall as a team. I always had the option to only spend a few easily gained (just by gw battles themselves as you get pvp rewards each battle) resources, or none at all. At the point where a guild is seriously competitive and the stakes are high enough to warrant maxing sentinals doing so is just an investment and you recoup your original payment (#8 or #1, still worth it imo). No matter your result you still got a card exclusive to gw, instead of one that will be added to chests in 4 weeks. You also have the option to craft the weapon, which i didn’t use anyway and was just for collection purposes, and if i wanted to get the godslayer to legendary had to buy. I won’t start on the extreme jump in cost of the other weapon in the glory shop. I’ll just say that bright forest was not that far away so 400 (or was it 500?) glory is fresh in our minds. And with the time sink of raids a casual or new player may not be inclined or have the time to grind the additional 500-600 glory. And i’ll leave it at that. As for the “gem value” of resources spent (i went to tier 4), i’d be severely disappointed if that’s what i got from chests if i spent the same amount of gems, same goes for rewards for closing the portals. Bottom line, these rewards are laughable.

Sidenote: No, i’m not a whiny endgamer (not how i see people but we all know it’s been thrown around a lot lately by some) or long time bracket one player with a vast amount of resources hoarded. Like i said, i’ve seen that thrown around enough on both the forums and discord, so i’m a tad defensive.

4 Likes

Not like it would have done any good if you started the raid at the start of the event. Yeah great, there’s a video tutorial, we appreciate it. But how about releasing it before we start the event, or at the very least the day of? Is it really too much to ask? I hope they learned from their mistake and don’t repeat it with the next two new upcoming events!

4 Likes

I understand that people want more than just a major orb for finishing portal 10.

But out of the major orbs, is major orb of clans really that bad? It’s like 75 guild keys, which is like 75 gem keys for people who have mythic Guild Guardians and hit 40k each week. I don’t mind that orb so much - the real kick in the teeth would be the major orb of growth.

2 Likes

If we can collect our 1,500 seals and then use it to get more then that’s good. If not then I don’t really see it useful for a active guild.

1 Like