R.I.P. Maw meta. The new meta is Manticore/Khorvash?

I’ve volunteered before. Hell I even have credentials for that, sort of.

1 Like

Believe it or not, I 100% agree. This is my immature response to the situation as of late.

I’m not a bastion of well behavior, but i had the impression that we would continue the serious discussion.
Well, if anything we’ll maybe “revisit” this topic as soon as more people have the chance to fully trait the new kingdom’s troops with Glory Packs to see if Mana drain will be a Meta or not.

1 Like

I believe the intent is to slow games down a bit, prevent 4-Legendary power teams and foster creative team building.

Mana Drain/Mana Burn is a good thing.

5 Likes

You can have too much of a good thing… Like a manticore on every enemy team…

1 Like

Should have guessed you’d come out with something like this, sooner or later.

It’s obviously pointless to try to convince you that, hey, the most basic standard of being a decent human being is to try not to hurt other people. Can’t always be avoided, can’t always be predicted, but the urge not to cause unnecessary pain is kind of the litmus test.

1 Like

Not seeing it. Not in the slightest. Still seeing way more Mab than Manti.

People complain too much around here. You’d never see me doing it

5 Likes

I think we should make a complaining thread about complaining threads.

3 Likes

The pictures and memes came out because this thread became “too” serious. To the point that if it got anymore heated it’d probably be closed. Aside from that though I kinda agree that mana drain is annoying, but not so much so that it isn’t welcomed. I’m of the mind set that almost always, “buff other troops or bring in new ones, before nerfing anything.” We saw that with maw though, and the amount of troops they had to bring out to try and counter maw was amazing. lol Mana drain though I don’t think so.

Edit: Honestly I’m wondering if they made another “buff/balance” pass to the older troops how many of the new ones would still feel “op” to people.

1 Like

Calling it now: A new trait that prevents mana drain. (Which is fine by me as long as it doesn’t get tacked onto Impervious.)

4 Likes

They should just go all the way and make impervious immune to taking any damage. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Someone suggested that Mana Drain immunity should be combined with Mana Burn into the Mana Shield trait , I think it’s an idea worth looking at.

2 Likes

As long as it stays free of Impervious (which has Mana Shield baked in at present), it’s a good idea IMO. Mana Shield is relatively lackluster (but no moreso than Alert or Flying or Cunning I guess).

It was me:

To me it just makes sense that a shield protecting you from side effects of harmful mana manipulation would prevent you from losing mana as well.

Caution, spoiler about Leonis Empire’s quest ahead. (Just in case someone would check the thread and wouldn’t want a spoiler about a kingdom yet to be unlocked.)

Also it would make Amira a better choice to kill Khorvash on the kingdom’s quest.

1 Like

Ha @lyya I called that one ages ago… Tho probably before it was so endemically needed…

How about a legendary trait that prevents all mana drain to your team? Just put it on a useful but not overpowered legendary… So it becomes a counter strategy not a staple in every defence…

EVERY defense? I’m just over level 500 and I see Manti about 1 in 6 matches, maybe a little less. I still see Mab way more than anything else with BD and now Khorvash close behind. Manti wasn’t hard to get so it seems to me if it were REALLY OP it would be overwhelmingly prevalent at levels other than the very highest.

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I would like to suggest yet again that the “OP troops are causing a lack of variety” problem is endemic to the top 1%. Either the players are being pigeonholed by the economy or some other game mechanic or something but this lack of variety that is being reported is ONLY being reported by some of the highest-level players in the game.

Great ideas all the way around.

I like those dual trait ideas! With the Warded one, I would be tempted to have it protect against Deathmark and Skill Point Loss. That would cover Aspect of Famine. Aspect of Plague, Cursed and Supression. Would have it coded so that only the “Lose (X number) Skill points” traits would be covered by Warded. For example Aspect of Death would not be covered since it says ‘Steal 2 Life’.

I’m just not totally sure if it’s possible to code something like this without making it also immune to Entangled and Webbed. (But i’m not a programmer.) And speaking of each, an “Escape Artist” or “Unstoppable” trait preventing Entangled and Webbed.