Quit sabotaging a game we love

6 Likes

@all FYI: September 22 has the lowest peak since December 19

6 Likes

sure, no one was playing, everyone is here on forum now :wink:

Traditionally September is one of the most active times a year. So perhaps the degrading numbers this year is a clear reflection of the current state of play in Gems of War.

Salty said a while ago that if they saw the daily player rate drop they would adjust accordingly.

Salty ended up leaving the company so perhaps she meant she would personally adjust direction.

8 Likes

Ive gone from 2000T a week to about 500T a week in just 2 weeks. My playtime will only decrease further. There hasn’t been any fun aspect of playing this game in far too long.

Then don’t phrase it in a way that sounds exactly like that.

1 Like

Ah, I am defeated by your devasting jpg counter argument :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Don’t be too harsh on yourself Goodwill. :wink:

1 Like

The game has been relegated to student devs that have just discovered the power of random number generators.

But as far as forum going players that understand the game inside and out, we or you or us or whatever, we are not the target audience for this game.

The target audience will be accounts between something like 7 or 14 days old to 21 or 28 days old. I was involved with a free to play game a while back and the majority of its income (76%) came from accounts that were 30 to 60 days old. That was PC, not mobile. Mobile will be less than that, they are a more transient player base.

So good luck in getting a studio that is no longer independent to listen to what you say.

1 Like

This was the first event in my memory that my top 20 guild was unable to finish an event through to the last stage.

wasn’t particularly hard matches to play though.

so if your “top20 guild” (which measurement is this btw? ^^) didn’t finish reward12 → congrats.
because → this means your members most likely weren’t gullible enough to spend more gems than absolutely neccessary on additional shop tiers for (most likely) next to worthless world event reward12. your guild did well!

3 Likes

We decided not to, for exactly the reasons posted above me. Why spend too much on a next to worthless reward?

If you’re top 20 in whatever measurement, your certainly don’t need one major orb.

It was too expensive, I agree, but good that you didn’t spend.

1 Like

yes but what point is there reward wise in completing anythung?

Yep and that’s totally fine. There’s a point when the cost-benefit ratio are out of sync and it seems like we, a very active guild, decided we reached it during this particular event. It isn’t a surprise that it is in conjunction with a tier 4 required purchase per member to complete it, and also dragon eggs…

“Top20” just referring to trophies earned as a guild, and I suppose guild wars. Just indicating we are very invested and active and not even we finished it.

up for any single player or guild to decide. early reward stages are basically “free grabs” and hand out a few gems. on a “normal week” without shop tiers on steroids you’ll need around shop tier1 x30 to complete the whole world event as a group while making the matches qck&ez.
a group of 30 players often doesn’t feature everyone on the same “level”, so, for some all the rewards aren’t worth it, others “want them” just “because” and another player nearly never has time to play vault event due to constant weekend shifts and appreciates some more chances on lucky pulls of blue bubbles.
not that much to do for it, so, why not. overall all of us kill (life)time with this game because we enjoy (at least parts of) it, or you can also otherwise say “because we don’t have anything better to do” (in that moment) due to whichever limitations we have or set for ourselves.

trophies or guild wars means absolutely zero on that matter. I’m part of a “top80” guild by that variables and personally wasn’t keen on finishing the event due to the shop tier cost and our group of just 29 players did it anyway without too much trouble.
let’s see how future events go, if the higher cost weeks get more frequent. no shame in not finishing reward12, because as stated - who cares (for such slim rewards).

I love my guild…but if I have to spend 400 to 600 gems to get that final 10000 gold and major orb…that is not a good trade for me. Orbs do nothing for me. I don’t care if it is a guaranteed orb of power…spending an extra 250 gems for an orb of power does nothing for me…orbs are worthless at this point…zero value.

This last year more and more top guilds have went to guild war optional…the way the game is now trying to eat up gems…I now think a guild that is a tier 2 buy in for all but tower of doom makes more sense

5 Likes

Well, you seem to be getting really hung up on how i define “Top20”. By whatever measure you want to use, the point I was trying to make is that my guild is very experienced and very active and this is the first time we have ever not finished all stages of an event to my knowledge. It could be everyone was just spending all their gems on Dragon Eggs, or it could be that the price to get all stages done in the event is now becoming increasingly more difficult to justify. It’s actually probably the former as i think about it, but it still doesn’t take away from the point that getting all stages is less valuable overall, or just too costly.

No hate. :slight_smile: Really better to not have finished, as I said above.

Just found it funny to bring the “top20 guild” stuff up in the first place since it had no validity on the matter. After all the event was just about buying in for more sigils to play for overall points to finish or just settle for reward11.
I personally see every guild event as exactly that. Everyone of the guild should bring the same effort and face the same costs. For me personally the rewards you get back in terms of gems always justify to buy shop tier1 which makes your time spent during the matches faster and the matches more comfortable.

Another odd thing: We experience such a high(er) shop tier buy in (at least) once every campaign for a world event week. Only due to the recent dev-actions there’s such a big discussion about it. But still rightfully so, imo.