We’ve noticed that the next Vault event is scheduled on 18th October. Aren’t there too many events during GW week? ToD, Tuesday faction assault, the Vault, Bounty… Some players will have to choose, either to max the faction or to farm their GaPs.
Moreover, all these events will take too many gems. ToD events are so rare now, that we have to spend thousands of gems just to max our doomed weapons. Add GW sentinels, faction and bounty shop tiers: it seems too much to us. And the main question is time consuming, players simply won’t be able to complete EVERYTHING.
We beg the devs: please, don’t schedule the Vault during GW weeks.
I really don’t like the idea of the Vault and Guild Wars running at the same time.
Both events are very important to us, but they take a lot of time. During latest Vault players from high brackets had to choose GW over Vault, just because their GW battles took so much time and effort.
I, personally, would prefer Arena during Guild Wars, the only event that is not really popular among the playerbase.
I prefer mid-week Vault over weekend Vault during GW weeks: you can just defer GW battles until Friday if need be in the former case, but not the latter.
Yes, you’re right, the gw can be moved. The question is rather general. There are a lot of events in one week, for everyone something is more important, something less. Many players will have to choose based on time and resources. Question is it really necessary? Is it possible to meet the players of the upper baskets, where the gw is difficult, and give the opportunity to beat the gnomes outside the gw? Or ToD and GW in one week, we were promised that this would not happen, these are two rating guild events.
Deferring all GW battles to a weekend would be a no no for me. We can surely get a vault weekend on another weekend.
A whole bunch of things moved around when Taransworld updated a few days ago, this jumble of an Events schedule included.
And while I suppose that the developers could hold a Vault event when it’s currently listed, they won’t actually do so. Not because it conflicts with Guild Wars, but because they’ve always responded to the feedback in these forums (likely among other places) when there’s been a scheduled Vault weekend and a scheduled (Saturday cosmetic) pet rescue event and separated the two.
I don’t believe the reaction would be pretty in these spaces if one day of a mid-week Vault event also had the weekly Wednesday pet rescue. And not having the two overlap is just about the lowest of the low-hanging fruit for the developers to react to.
I’d be inclined to bet that the event calendar looks a fair amount different by the time we get to those dates, likely changing a fair amount with the release of 5.7.
oct 19 to oct 22 vault? that isnt even a weekend…
Un-nerfed GAP: The Revengeance
They seem to really like running vaults during GW weekend now. Mainly because the hardcore players have to choose between doing well in their GW matches (practicing matches that don’t even earn trophies) or casual players who don’t care about GW still don’t care about vault weekends.
Plus those hard core players who try hard in ToD will get franked out of finding gnomes. But the guilds can’t skip them because then it hurts the players who have to buy the tiers to upgrade their weapons.
So ultimately… Who benefits from this? @Nimhain. Vault weekends used to be celebrated and now they seem to be used as a weapon to hurt players time. It was only a few weeks ago that a bounty was scheduled for that weekend and I suggested that we had an arena weekend instead. So y’all changed the schedule and made it worse. That’s a super monkeys paw y’all got going on there.
Heads up: will be playing “devil’s advocate” here.
I might come up as a little ignorant here, but none of the events in GoW require you to play the game non-stop for the whole week.
- Guild Wars => We are in bracket 3, so things in bracket 1 might be different, but I literally spend half an hour (at most) daily.
- Weekly events => At most an hour on Monday (to burn majority of the sigils) and then 5-10 minutes daily?
- Bounty => This does take a little if you don’t buy Tier V, at least. But there was a very convincing argument that after the introduction of GaP and vault weekends, the rewards vs. investment in bounty is so low that it could easily be skipped. So, if you are busy or if there is another thing going on, why not skip it?
- Weekend events => Similar to week events, but on a smaller scale.
- Faction assaults and new factions => depends heavily if you are going for pure faction 500 run. However, you do NOT have to complete this during the faction release. You can always do that in another faction Tuesday or just potion-less way (yes, it does take longer, but doable).
- GaP => I would actually argue that this is the only event in which you benefit from running non-stop. But again, you get what you invested, so whatever you can run, just be happy with it.
The bottom line, even the most hardcore player can:
- Just buy the new troop / event (depending on what the shop offers) and either quickly burn sigils or don’t use their sigils for majority of the events if they are busy or if there is too much stuff is going on.
- If there are two great things running at the same time, then you need to prioritize one and be happy with it. If you cannot absolutely reduce the investment on GW, then you will play GaP less, but you should still be able to find time to play it (unless you are doing GW battles the whole day). You can also skip other dailies during this time, nothing bad will happen if you don’t do your adventure board or delves for 3 days.
- The events that are appealing to you might not be the same to others. I don’t want to start a huge discussion and although I don’t like arena events, I know people who like arena events and if they put GaP with Arena event, it will be similar for these people. (By the way I also know a lot of people that don’t care about GW, similar to arena events)
I think the bottom line is that we should be a little grateful that the devs keep giving us more and more events (GaP or gnome weekends was less often previously), rather than complain that there are too many events running at the same time or the schedule is not completely optimal to our liking. I would rather have the problem to decide what to prioritize than not being able to find enough stuff to play, don’t you think?
Of course it depends from player to player. For example, in bracket 1 the war commits you for 4 hours a day because you have to help others, the doom tower if you want to spend gems for scrolls and don’t want to throw away seals, it takes about 2-3 hours a day. Having gnomes between Tuesday and Thursday prevents you from getting gnomes for pets on Wednesdays. The bounty in an hour is over. Those who have to carry the delve to 500 must give up the gnomes as well as play for hours. The point is not that there are too many events but they are not spread well, this week and next there is nothing to do for example.
i’m more worried about bringing vault events in general mid-week (Tuesday - Friday), meaning Wednesday you can’t get pets.
same thing like bringing a cosmetic pet on Saturday with arena event going on.
The only good reason that comes to mind about making the vault event happen in mid week is to make it harder for people to grind vault keys, because of work/school, I know I wouldn’t have much time for it then… But this is most likely just some weird misunderstanding and now I’m giving them ideas, so Terberos out…
There do exist people who prefer to do things with their weekends other than play GoW… and those people have missed out on every vault event to date. So this is not a uniformly bad and unfair change.
Honestly, I’m OK with having a Vault event in mid week… if it’s not during GW)
Guys, you can talk as much as you like about time we spend on the game and on GW, everyone plays differently and everyone has their own priorities. It’s all about the vault event, we also want to participate in it)) We are the players who spend the whole week on GW. When you try to play well yourself and help other guild members, it takes a lot of time. If you have been doing it for years, you just can’t stop. Everyone understands that) There are such players in different guilds, but of course this is only a small percentage in total. Holding the Vault weekend in any week, except GW, would be very pleasing to us and it will not hurt other players in any way. This is the case when you can just do something good for a small group of people. So, I have a question for the game developers: Can you do this for us?
Full time worker PST here. Moving the vault to midweek completely ruins it for those who work and then need to also take care of life. Maybe 3 hours to do dailies, guild events, etc… I’m really disappointed that they changed it to mid week. I hope they reconsider. It was one of my favorite events to do.
If this mid-week Vault is a one-time thing? I’m not thrilled about it, but “whatever”. It’s an aggravation, it’s annoying to have it straddle the weekly pe(s)t event, but it isn’t so much of a much that I’d fight it as being worthy of “a hill to die upon”. I just hope it doesn’t get repeated.
But if it’s going to become a regular thing? Yeah, I’d have a much bigger problem with that.
How do you spend FOUR HOURS a day doing Guild Wars? Gems of War is not a job.
Relax. Just because there are more than one event does not mean you have to do them all. I like the idea of an occasional Vault 3 day event not on the weekend because it gives folks that work weekends a chance to play. Not everyone works the same schedule.