PVP stats (20 (3)trophy opponents)

@Cell
Hehe i seen me in the line up of photos
:wink:

4 Likes

So he had one easy opponent at least then :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Uploading them is out of order, and I must admit that I took some liberties so here is my disclaimer.

@Namour showed up a whopping 5 times
bbfantasy showed up 3 times
zann0t showed up 2 times
mojocuervo showed up 2 times
fisheepxxz showed up 2 times

So I took the liberty of continuing on so you all could see how “diverse” it is up here.

1 Like

Interesting to see this info!
Also interesting to note, the only non-legendaries that appear in the ~1000 level teams (barring the one goblin team) are:

Rock Worm
Deep Borer
Siren
Soothsayer
Valkyrie
Maralith
Mercy (though she might as well be legendary :stuck_out_tongue:)

Half of which are mana creators (either transformers or spawners)

And some teams have as many as 4 unique legendaries. While in Cell’s ones all the teams seem to have at most 2 unique legendaries.

My theory behind all this is this:
Legendary troops are the best in the game (on average), so using them is a huge boost to your team (assuming done correctly). But as you said in the other thread Koolbiird:

So the lower levels are forced into a more varied meta because they have no other choice. They have at best a handful of legendaries, and likely won’t have them with more than 1 or 2 traits (if that). While at the top of the level curve the players have more resources, and have accumulated not only more cards, but also more traitstones, allowing them to trait their Legendaries (and Epics) up to 3 traits to get some of those VERY nice 3rd traits. And once you have those, the lower tier rarities generally can’t compare, so teams get built with mostly legendary troops just to be competitive. And since there is a smaller pool of competitive troops, the meta is a lot less varied and more stagnant.

So possible fixes would be either just more Legendary troops, or closing the power gap somehow between Legendary and the other rarities.

Just my thoughts.

3 Likes

This sort of resembles the teams I get to face. Level 687.

1 Like

Defense team diversity at low levels doesn’t last long. I’m level 155, and all I see are some variation of Goblins, Mab or Maw. It’s quite boring, and makes me dread playing PVP. I don’t think the problem will be fixed by nerfs or adding new legendaries. People will just drift to using the new overused meta. Just look at the crazy rise of Mab even at levels 0 - 200 in the defense troop charts in my spreadsheet in the leaderboard thread. I think the devs need to incentivize changing up defense teams during the events. Otherwise, people will continue to just use the latest super meta ad nauseum.

1 Like

I think the devs made a mistake by allowing defense losses to affect PvP score at all. Prior to 2.0, you were actually better off with a weak defense, as revenges were more lucrative than defends. As a result, there was (often amusing) creativity in suboptimal defenses.

Additionally, the game would select a match for you, which would often be a suitably challenging one for your level, but sometimes not.

All of this added up to a variety of encounters, influenced by the meta but not dogmatic to it.

Now, it is detrimental to your own progress to field a suboptimal defense, or to pick a battle that’s lower than “hard.” These two factors combined means that there are more players fielding the meta, and the game selecting one of those from a list the player distills herself. We “miss” even the goblin meta, but we’ll never see it as long as it’s considered “medium.”

I think we all miss the change-of-pace humorous defenses, but they’re relegated to a sandbox those concerned with efficiency will never touch. By giving us options, the game has allowed players to narrow their own variety, lest they waste their time on a suboptimal fight.

4 Likes

@Lyya

I purposed this yesterday:

1 Like

For anyone who is looking for not-boring matches, I’m not sure how this helps at all.

When the enemy defense is weak (read: not Maw), I don’t even have to pay attention to what the enemy has to offer, I just cast my spells in order, and watch the enemy disappear, no matter who it is. There’s nothing more interesting in these matches, besides maybe the troops’ art, but to enjoy that I don’t need to play a match, just enter the troops menu…

When I play a front-line maw, at least I have to pay more attention to the enemy and the board, and actually strategize my moves - since any mistake can be fatal. If there is any match I can still consider interesting to play, it’s these matches, against the strong meta teams which actually force me to play, rather than boringly waltz through a bunch of fast matches where the enemy doesn’t really matter.

Unless when people ask for variety, all they really ask is for easier matches? If so, I can at least understand the problem, but then why call it by the wrong name?

1 Like

Level 410 here. Main PVP team has around 6000 power. Never faced Mab yet and only one Great Maw since 2.0 came.

Anything below 6500 power is more diverse than anything above it. I could say it’s your own fault assembling such a strong team, but that’s way over the top isn’t it?

It’s just weird that people like me, who stay weak on purpose, have an easier and more fun time than those who assemble a 7000+ power team.

This can’t stay that way obviously.

And while I personally agree that I saw lots of variety, again, there were many threads/discussions about the prevalence of goblins/true shot/agile (when the bug was around) teams and people weren’t seeing variety.

I think the tweaks made to the number of points lost for a PvP is what was needed. You pay a small price for losing but a PvP win will more than make up for it.

I am wondering how many pvp points we lose for a lose in our defence team. Is it a fixed number or a variable one, and if it is variable what changes that variable.

Look at your battle log.

Wait defence victories do give points, by the holy light!

I’ve been losing a fixed five points.

I went ahead and checked and i am getting a variable of 3,4,5,6 point loses but if i win a pvp defence i get 7.

1 Like

Dang. Then somehow I’m at the high end of the point losing spread. :joy:

I’m curious, what level are you and what power level is your defense team?

Was that to me or Killerman33? Well, if it was to me, I’m level 236 and I think the power level of my def team is 6800-7000 (not sure since it always fluctuates when I use it to attack also).

It was at you. Hmm I’m just wondering whether maybe you’re getting a lot of players lower than you (either in level or team power) attacking you and winning, hence the fixed higher point value for losses. Just a random theory though.