PvP season feed back

I have created this thread to collect feed back with the aim for the CX team to communicate to the devs for potential changes for the upcoming season.

ideally i am aiming for constructive feed back so it gets taken seriously.

a few changes i would like to see are

more opportunities to get burning marks
a lowered VP amount needed for all tasks
at least 20% VP to carry over each season

7 Likes
  • Change the season mythic to 2500 silver marks
  • Change the orb of minions to 600 silver marks only
14 Likes
  • Lower the VP requirement needed to purchase the Mythic to a feasible number.
  • Remove Silver Marks from Burning Chests.
  • An answer for this query: Will Burning Marks carry over to the next PvP season? We know that Icons for this season will only give 20% of their value the following season.
11 Likes

Something to spend silver marks on please

9 Likes

I doubt any of these requests will be seriously considered because they will actually help us.:rofl:

Biggest changes that need to happen are:

Change the cost of the gold mark talismans to silver marks to make silver marks more useful.
Remove the VP requirement for alliance ranks.
Remove silver and gold marks from burning chests.
Remove pvp icons from burning chests.
Remove gold marks for the orb of minions in the pvp shop.
Change the cost of the seasonal mythic to 2,500 silver marks.

5 Likes

If the developers want to incentivize more of us to spend (much) more time in PvP, they need to incentivize it better.

There’s no meaningful difference between my finishing 4th in my bubble and my finishing 23rd in my bubble. For that matter, it may even be beneficial for me to finish 24th-30th and drop down a tier as to face easier competition for high rankings and Gold Marks in the following week, even at the cost of not completing all 6500 VP of “objectives” in a particular week and therefore missing out on a small number of “prizes”.

There’s no meaningful chance for 99+% of players on busy platforms to finish “in the money” for Citadel Wars results. Our singular votes for restrictions on PvP regions don’t mean anything, and there’s no purpose to spending any currency – real or imagined – to buy extra sigils for use.

You only sustain engagement with the game and a particular game mode if and when the prizes are worth the effort put in to achieve them. For most of us, there will never be any prizes without a commitment of time and effort that matches a full-time job in the Real World.

14 Likes

Alliance Ranks Should NOT Be Reset.

:vulcan_salute:

13 Likes

Season Pass:

Surprisingly… I… liked it? In fact, it probably could have gone on a bit longer. 10 more tiers to 200k maybe? … or a repeatable tier for some burning marks would have helped.

Season Goals:

I have some major problems with a few of the categories.

Mighty Monolith requires too many Monolith battles.
Vanguard requires too many Guardian battles.

Promoted… who signed off on requiring Praefect for the final tier? 560k VP is just way too much to ask for every 77 days, let alone 800k for the top rank (just to be reset)
Overlord is just a bad seasonal challenge in general.

All of the Monolith/Guardians/Citadel daily challenges could/should be removed in favor of promoting troop usage variety in PvP. There’s so many things on a daily timer in Gems of War that it would be nice to cut back on some when possible.

20 Likes

This. As it stands, we will never upgrade the immortals that are not seasonal immortals to any reasonable level, even in a year or two. We need more burning marks to be available in the game.

Overlord is an absurd goal - get the immortal to level 20, and the only reward is an number of its tokens that can’t even get it to level 21? Really?

Also: lower VP reqs for ranks OR do not reset alliance ranks every 77 days. Even with all the victory talismans etc - this is excessive and requires too much time.

Why? the entire PvP pass (the 90 rewards) is 180k, the req for the mythic is 150k, if the mythic is to serve as the incentive to finish the season’s pass - it should stay where it is, I think? The current GM cost for the mythic has to go, tho: it can’t cost 2500 GM, when it consumes 95% of the gold marks a person can earn throughout these 77 days, and that’s only if they are in the currently winning alliance - for people not in Dark Order, I doubt it’s doable at all.

7 Likes

^^^^

And with no way to catch up on the guardians, except cash (citadel sigils are only available for real money, right?)

At least with the kingdom battlecrasher grind a person can spend gems to make it to the finish if they get behind schedule

(or spend GM for monolith sigils, even if I won’t)

1 Like

How else do they expect to keep us running on the hamster wheel every single day if they don’t have a challenge/goal that effectively requires you to play every single day?

And don’t doubt that this is one of their goals. I’d wager a little something that the 80/20 or 90/10 rule applies to the playerbase insofar as spending (real money) and supporting the game, that the vast majority of players are F2P, whether they’re ultra-casual or whether they put in a(n un)healthy amount of time on a daily basis. So if “holding them upside down and shaking them until all the loose change falls out of their pockets” isn’t a possibility, the next best thing for them is probably to keep that group of players occupied with GoW for as long as possible, lest those players wander away and find something else to do (and perhaps to spend money upon).

I play every day as a F2P, so I do have Mighty Monolith done because I made a point of playing enough every day to get my Valhawks. I believe that I should have Vanguard done by tomorrow. But I’m probably the exception and not the rule, because I put in the time and energy on a daily basis whereas a ton of F2Ps probably never will.

2 Likes

I also “played perfect” and will have Vanguard done tomorrow! Congrats!

I think the relationship between “mighty monolith” (total monolith battles) and “overpower” (monoliths to lvl 5) is kind of counterintuitive, I expected to be close to the total once I reached the amount of lvl 5s, since lvl 5s are “harder” than lvl 1s

But I got to gold star on Overpower before even reaching silver on Mighty Monolith. Or maybe just barely. So it’s like 150 more total monolith battles, multiple weeks worth . By the time I realized it was too late

Is Overpower one of the ones that got lowered? I find it hard to keep track of all this

there was a really good chart that was posted early into the season.

2 Likes

I’m still stuck on your attack team being your defense team.

1 Like

From someone who completed all season goals and also got Glaycia to Level 30…the daily PVP is becoming exhausting and repetitive. The spending on this game is becoming too much also. If you miss certain goals like boss battles the only way to catch up is to buy extra. The game has become too time consuming and expensive like many others have said. Yes I know nothing is compulsory but if you want to make good progress it is like a job. Cut down on crazy VP amounts required, cut down on money offers. It is way too grindy and repetitive. The game is supposed to be entertainment but there are way too many players who watch TV just so they can get through the torture of grinding?

Another area that needs revising is guild events. Cut down on the crazy long events. No one wants to do these either but guilds require them and you need to get the new troops from them. Cut down on the gems required for these. Then players will have more time for PVP.

Anyway it is your decision. Maybe the game is making enough money so you are happy. But as far as I can see more and more players are leaving, guilds are half-empty.

Let me throw this in too while I am at it…there are way too many guilds in the game - I hear around 10 000? Whilst there are around 5000 actual active players maximum on PC/Mobile from the visible PVP activity. And with the guild rank system taking into account all trophies starting from 8 years ago newer guilds can never climb into the top 100. There is no point for players to start a new guild anymore. It is the same old guilds in the top 100, many of them run by GMs who are hardly active in the game themselves anymore. You need to look at this system too to provide incentive for newer players to run their own guilds. I watched a super enthusiastic player trying to start a new guild only to finally give up as players will not join a guild ranked 4000. Change the ranking system (use more current activity levels) and remove inactive guilds.

Anyway I have now already cut down on my time in this game, but these are my suggestions if you still have any intention of salvaging it.

5 Likes
  • Alliance ranks should not be reset unless you switch alliances. Period.

Most people who play this game will have a tough time hitting Centurian I within the span of a season.

• If resetting alliance ranks is somehow a “must.” Then the VP needed for ranks needs to come way way down.

See the point above. It’s simply not a good situation when a sizable majority of players won’t even get to the point of getting a dribble of decent alliance rewards. And it’s a terrible situation when one of the season goals is just plain impossible for most.

• Silver marks should be removed from Burning chests.

…or at least don’t try to sell burning marks for cash if you are going to stuff them with dryer lint. It’s predatory and will only hurt the game.

Fix the outlandish VP requirements for rewards / ranks (either by making the goals lower or not resetting) and remove the disappointing silver marks from the chests, and I’d be pretty happy with the pvp seasons.

20 Likes

I’d even go as far as to say remove them from the game entirely , outside of talismans this currency is close to pointless, they would be wiser making the mythic available for silver and making shiny keys available for silver marks too as of post nerfing of the loop troops shiny keys also seem equally pointless, so why not bundle them together ,maybe this would add some more grindability to PvP.

But apart from that on the whole im pretty pleased with what theyve done with PvP with all the zones etc, it would be easy to say have more ways to get burning marks but the immortals are all pretty second rate at the side of Stella and the bosses so in balance i dont mind how theyve monetized them, devs need to eat just too i guess just as long as the dont get too greedy and take the game closer to pay 2 win . But apart from other minor irratations like teams randomly disapearing when they feel like it and MANA POTIONS :angry: its a massive improvement.

1 Like

Some of the season goals need a tweak.

i.e. Vanguard. I have 11/15 on the last goal, and we have 7 days left. Too close for comfort.

800k for Great general is too high. I play every day and even for me it’s too hard.
500k would be more appropriate.

6 Likes

If everything in the game is accessible to the casual player there’s no reason to go hardcore. I’m glad some things are hard.

2 Likes