Princess Fizzbang change & hotfix

Well, that makes the first great goblin almost useless. Instead of nerfing her like this you should disable the possibility to increase her or other Fizzbangs own magic.

4 Likes

Technically the wording is “on a random ally” which is the same as her current wording, so solo Fizzbang should still get benefits.

I know how it happened… you guys are totally out of touch with your own game.

Asking about what’s wrong with the wisp only confirms that.

14 Likes

Basically what @Jainus, @Draprion an @turintuor said soms it up pretty well.

Watch your language.

1 Like

and solution was to make it useless in attack and still op in defence? this is bs.

5 Likes

Also how do I get back my 6800 glory?

5 Likes

The Problem is and was not the card itself (same goes with the wisp), the problem is the high chance of cascade by the KI AFTER the explode! When this is fixed, the card would not be OP!

2 Likes

I cant win goblin teams in pvp anymore. should have farmed that 200 kills yesterday…

1 Like

It was fun while it lasted… Back to my old team… Thanks!

9 Likes

why nerf fizz and leave wisps as they are?
i mean, they do a tonof dmg+ET+start with 75% mana+have a insignificant mana cost AND magic link.
if that is not broken, i do not know what it is.

6 Likes

because wisp is full on rng while fizz is not. so to curb this, make fizz rng troop too, which is the direction of this game now.

At least you didn’t use the version mixup (Grapplepot) argument this time lmao! #savegoblins

1 Like

a rng that as always favors the AI. Wisp, just like fizz is now much more powerful in def than in atk.
Since if I jumble the board i get squat. If it’s the AI it gets match 4 (of red/purple ofc)+damg so wisp recharges in one go, ri cast the spell till victory.

6 Likes

@Sirrian
The problem with Wisp is similar (yet less severe) as FizzBang.

Not only it deals considerable damage
It also needs 1 gem to be able to cast (Fast)
Is stealthy, so there is almost zero counter-play, assuming how quick you need to react
And gives extra turn on top of board shuffle.

Now take note that board shuffle constantly gives the opportunity for an alignment that the AI will take advantage of, most commonly refilling the troops itself, constantly triggering all kinds of 4/5 match effects like Kraken or Behemoth.

Creates the same problem as FizzBang.
Potential Endless Looping with a lot of damage for low mana cost and stealthy. Not to mention it goes rampant on turn 1 because Fast.

3 Likes

I also disagree with the way FizzBang was changed.
… Giving an RNG to the most overpowered spell combination with a 50:50 ratio is not a solution if the troop cannot be countered.

The Reason:
RNG based explosion is a no-brainer for invading. But it is an equivalent of Devour for defense - which we all know has been toxic up till the Barrier Buff, which provided a reliable counter (draining is not reliable since RNG can make sure the troop gains full mana due to cascades).

The same change is here with FizzBang.
Every, Single, Counter we have is based on RNG. And you guys will surely believe me if I say that I froze her with Ice Golem into alignment extra turn, silenced her afterwards, and she cleansed on turn 1 anyway.

3 Likes

@Sirrian

Please take a hard look at Mercy, Hellcat, Alchemist, Gard (any OP yellow/red troop in last slot) as well.
People only speak out about annoying defense teams (goblins and now wisps), but having such a mindless OP team on offense is not healthy for the game either. It completely trivializes any challenge outside guild wars, including your newly added feature called Dungeons.

2 Likes

Or stealthy.

@Doghouse I am aware of more than 5 unhealthy offense teams, all based on something completely different. All deliberately crafted and thought out (which I think should be rewarded with better performance).
And all of them rely on luck more or less.
The team you are talking about isn’t even the fastest. It’s not even the safest. If anything, it’s only one of the most satisfying ones. It’s also easily countered.

This game is supposed to work around counters and strategies. There is nothing wrong with Gard or Looping. In GW, you cannot use looping teams if you don’t sacrifice points (which is fair). In PvP, you sacrifice speed (trophies and glory per hour).
If anything, complain about Kraken who loops with devouring and isn’t countered by barrier, and also works better with the looping team you mentioned.

8 Likes

Tell me the counter team then please, so we can have some further constructive arguments.
Also list the team(s) that are safer to play and the one(s) that are faster.

Kraken devouring a barrier is obviously a bug and will be addressed I imagine. I do not agree about the looping part of Kraken, it often backfired after they implemented combo breaker for the player.