Princess Fizzbang change & hotfix

Maybe she should have only gained 40% mana and kept her extra turn? Not ALL exploders have to gain 70% mana, that unique extra turn, well I think it’s a missed opportunity. That way she’s not op with exploding filling all and sundry. I was looking forward to seeing goblins again…it’s a real shame as what this game needs more than anything currently is fun! Oh well.

why actually?

most exploders dont have fast traits and are fine

i didnt specifically say should it be green gems or random as at this point to me it doesnt matter, i left that detail for devs assuming it will most probably stay green as it was

with the big explosion she stands on equal terms with other exploders and gains the upperhand in situations where her stealthy or goblin type becomes handy

with her chance to missfire she becomes more goblin-ish while still not ebcoming week… she basically re-allocates her mana randomly into the party while buffing them then gets the extra turn

Because she would had been much like another Poison Master if not. We dont need another Poison Master especially not with an Epic rarity, he is just an UR. She should be better than Poison Master in my opinion.
Possibly take down her Mana to 9-10, then make her explode a lot of gems, without fast or extra turn. Make her special for Goblins, then we can talk.

1 Like

She should be reworked to:

Fizzy Bubbles 11(blue/purple)
Explode all gems of a choosen color.
Give all Goblins 5 life.

Then Change her Stealthy trait to Nature Link, and I think we are there…11 mana cost might work too…

isnt that ragnagord there? almost

your proposition makes sense too but somehow to me it feels even less goblin-ish (and so i prefer mine)

the explode green gems could be changed to explode red or brown? xD

Its not ragnagord, as ragnagord can be filled up with 1 red or 1 brown 3 mana sourge depending on banner or ally troops with fire link. I prefer a great exploder without extra turn with lower mana cost than a troop that only explode 4 gems and extra turn.

1 Like

In Fizzbang’s case, you don’t need to wait for a client-side fix since that’s not the limiting factor.

There’s only one valid reason I can think of to delay, and the fact that you didn’t bring it up–this one would have been disclosable–tells me it is not in play. Therefore there is no reason Fizzbang can’t be fixed.

If she could be given such a sweeping change in the middle of the week last week, it makes not one lick of sense that she couldn’t be given the correct change today.

Again, I understand that typically, the designers want to see how any change, including a new troop, shakes out before taking action. Well, this one has shaken out. Fizzbang was introduced and was very fun, then three days later because she was overpowered, you guys yanked the rug out with a very bad fix rather than nerf her in a way that stayed true to the spirit of the character and kept her fun.

I don’t think you guys have properly understood that players care about this issue. For proof as to how much, look at the views on this topic and compare it to the 3.1 known issues topic, and then to other posts in official news. This issue is a very big deal. You took a fun event and made it painful halfway through the week, and a lot of us are good and angry over it. That anger isn’t going to go away just because you wish it would.

Personally I’ve found post-nerf Fizzbang much easier to deal with now the 20% bonus has gone. Haven’t lost to goblins yet this week; last week I think I was losing about 1 in 10, maybe 1 in 5 matches against them.

She doesn’t concern me on defense. I knew once the bonus was gone that wouldn’t be a big issue anymore. It’s on offense where the broken nerf has been such a pain.

2 Likes

So the devs ruined goblin’s week, ruined an interesting cards, and won’t touch it again. But still left in the game cards like queen mab, famine, wisp, ect. untouched.

Mab is manageable; I’ve had little trouble with her on defense except when she’s paired with mana feeders like Valkyrie and Justice. If those two are together with her I usually won’t touch that team. Famine is a lot nastier, though, although during the last summoning week I found an Elspeth team that keeps sacrificing the first guy can be effective against him.

But yeah, goblin week was good and ruined by the botched nerf. A correctly implemented nerf would have been perfectly fine and made just about everyone happy, and still would.

Well, Goblins are pretty much back on the shelf again together with the Orcs in PvP…Its a sad, but true story…

2 Likes

I’m still having pretty good luck this week on both offense and defense. I do want fizz fixed but goblins are still viable.

I knew that the complaints about Fizzbang on defense would blow away. It was only the goblin boost that made her a serious meta problem.

But on offense she’s still completely ruined. When she fails to explode she’s basically completely worthless, unless by some lucky chance she manages to buff the magic on one of her allies. I’m still utterly disgusted that the devs thought it was okay to leave her broken.

I lost so gloriously to a Goblin team yesterday in normal pvp that I actually started laughing out loud.

I had Baba Yaga in my team and was keeping Queen & whoever the bottom Goblin was perma-silenced leaving just Nobend and Princess Fizzface. Once the AI got a turn, those two endlessly looped until I died, thanks to endless 4-matches and skull drops along with refilling each other from the explosions. My entire synergized team lost to two Goblins.

Yet, play the same arrangement on offense…that never happens.

3 Likes

I know the developers say that there’s really no way Fizzbang could explode less on offense than on defense, but people are collecting actual data that says otherwise. As a software developer myself I know how frustrating their position (on that) is, and yet something is obviously way wrong with the RNG. Of course this wouldn’t be an issue, for Fizzbang, if they had done the right thing and updated her nerf correctly instead of leaving her broken.

It’s also speaking as a software developer that I find no value at all in Salty’s excuses as to why they “can’t” fix her properly. There only possible impediment to that would be localization, and that’s obviously not an insurmountable or even a large obstacle. Whatever internal language is used to handle card behaviors is clearly capable of handling the simplest proposed change (explode only 4 or 5 gems and/or a reduced buff) and is very likely capable of the better proposal (explode 1+goblins green gems, and/or reduced buff). And those sorts of changes can be pushed through without a software update.

Nor could fixing her, a simple balance and fun issue, interfere in any meaningful way with development of the next patch to fix the bugs that came up in 3.1. They should have pushed out a fix for her in the first five minutes of Friday, or at worst Monday. I find their intransigence on this issue both baffling and insulting, even when I’m perfectly willing to make allowances for other overpowered-since-forever troops like famine.

1 Like

Goblins are still quite a threat on defense, even without the boost. Agree about being less useful offensively, or more specifically that the team relies too much on luck for a player to be able to control it adequately.

Huh? Not sure what data you’re talking about, can you provide a source or link? The new RnG definitely seems far more streaky, but it does not appear to favour the AI. I’ve been fairly outspoken about some of the current issues with the devs (so not really a “white knight”), but I’m not sure this claim is fair or accurate. But if this is substantiated (with a meaningful amount of data), my analytic side would love to see it.

Absolutely.
Fizzbang can still do what she did before the nerf, it just happens less often due to limiting rng, but with a 50% chance to explode you will have games where an enemy Fizzbang will just chainexplode the whole game, or your own Fizz virtually not exploding at all, resulting in the same frustration either way.
I keep up my hope the Devs will eventually come up with a change for the little princess that instantly found her way in the hearts of a large part of this community, that doesn’t result in this kind of rng madness that also doesn’t make her bad.

And Grapplepot is just an overall good troop despite her really aweful traits, solely due to her great spell even outside of goblin teams.

1 Like

As I’ve said before, I actually find Fizzbang more frustrating now. Seeing her loop a few times in a row and wipe me out is more frustrating knowing it was a 50% chance with each loop.

I don’t think “OP” on a 50/50 coin toss is really a good form of balance.

1 Like

I think Fizz is still pretty good. Despite her nerf, goblins are now a decent force and are a regular part of the game. I like them because they require a particular team composition and strategy to defeat (eg freeze) rather than generic teams. They still have run away turn loops every now and again, but not quite as bad as previous.

1 Like