Princess Fizzbang change & hotfix

5 was the number most bandied about in suggestions, but I can live with 4! Still, the 1+goblins suggestion is my favorite.

Poison Master is still a better troop.

There’s nothing I can say about this issue at this point in time. She won’t touched again for a little while yet.

@Namour, I am not saying you have to always use her, of course not. She is just my choice, I typically run Mab because I genuinely love her as a troop. I was just offering my personal suggestion of a team that I actively use to fight the one you described. There are a lot of other teams that could be used to great effect against this meta, this is just my personal choice.

@Taliesin, just because those are the numbers you have encountered does not mean that everyone has had the same experience. We have tested our AI and RNG algorithms rigorously time and time again. The AI does not cheat against the player. FIzzbang is not more likely to work in favour of the AI than the player. I can guarantee it.

1 Like

There’s no logic in that. I understand there’s a reluctance to follow up a half-baked terrible change with swinging the pendulum too far the other way, but sticking with the half-baked terrible change for even this long is ridiculous. This was a bad, bad, bad bad bad decision and it needs to be revisited three days ago, not a few months from now.

I don’t expect you to admit it but seems to me that there are an awful lot of people complaining about exactly the same thing with fizz.

There is nothing to admit, as the AI does not have a higher percentage of luck overall, or for Fizzbang to explode.

1 Like

Just quoting it for laughs and giggles… Clearly another company completely disconnected from it’s playerbase. Not only did it take days for any response in these topics, disregarding it all like this is a pretty blatant kick in the balls.

I’ve seen dedicated long time players give serious and balanced alternatives. Not based on personal preferences or the need to boost their own playstyle. And nothing will be done with that…

You devs need to get this through to your heads, Fizzbang is no longer fun to play. Every time she missfires is another major letdown. Not to mention that this kind of rng is killing for the top players, and thus unplayable. So basically it’s just another weekly unit that will not ever be used again.

4 Likes

I expected Fizzbang to be looked at today(as so many other was), she is no fun to play with anymore…

2 Likes

Yes, let’s quote Salty saying the same thing three times because no one listened to her.

salty

In all seriousness, there is nothing more that we can or plan to do at this time. By all means you can keep discussing this issue amongst yourselves, but our answer won’t change in the immediate future.

Salty out.

2 Likes

Yeah… those same tested algorithms that ensure impervious units don’t get devoured… it’s quite hard to not laugh at these kind of statements. Speaking as a software developer myself, never ever make bold statements like this. It’s not that smart.

The issue with impervious not working is a separate bug that is happening for a different reason.

Exactly! And fixing her is such a trivial thing to do, at that. Most players including myself–even though I loved her overpowered–agree a nerf was necessary. But the wrong nerf is worse than none at all, and there’s been a deluge of responses to explain why the one they chose is so broken and what better alternatives there are.

Fixing her would be a nice gesture to the player base, and it’s the right thing to do. Ignoring the problem is the Microsoft thing to do. This digging-in is accomplishing nothing except rapidly burning down a lot of accumulated goodwill and trust.

1 Like

The first half of that is plainly not true. Fizzbang can be fixed at this time or indeed any time because it doesn’t require a software update, and now is the right time to do so.

As to not planning it, obviously nobody planned to nerf her three days after release–it was a response to a relatively serious balance issue. The problem is that change was not well thought out and it created more problems than it solved. So even though nothing is planned, that doesn’t mean it can’t or shouldn’t be done anyway, and quickly. When a hotfix is bad the solution is another hotfix, not to ignore it.

She still works fine.

My easy win button is gone and took all my Fun with it.

1 Like

smiley_badmoodsmiley_badmoodsmiley_badmood
When Eika is getting angry and raging around, theeeeen something is extremely wrong…

2 Likes

It’s not always that we need to wait for a client side fix or an update as to why we cannot change a troop straight away. There can be a few different reasons. (And before you ask, I cannot disclose all of them.)

If something new pops up in this topic I will reply again, but for now I will be leaving you all to your conversation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might be a little arrogant saying this, but this should had been the number one thing that should be looked at today. Entering the office, coffee, this. :stuck_out_tongue:

My thoughts:

• explode = fun
  • guaranteed too mcuh mana + extra turn - bad
  • guaranteed too much stats to all units - bad
  • random chance for fun to not happen = bad
  • random chance for a bad thing to happen = still bad

so taking all of this in consideration i would make her

chance to either

• explode a little of gems and give a little of stats (maybe to one not all units) + gain extra turn
  • explode a lot of gems + not gain extra turn

if she explodes its fun and gbalanced even if it doesnt guarantee extra turn, i dont think it would take away goblin spirit

and if she explodes only a little and do various things then have the extra turn i think it would still be fun while not so op anymore

This can remind us of Poison Master. However with your idea she can explode random gems instead of only green. Big explosions often gives an extra turn, maybe 40% for human, 70% for CPU. So if they gonna make her explode a lot of gems without giving her an extra turn, she will at least need fast trait which makes her better and more worthy to use than Poison Master. She wont get fast trait, because people gonna whine even more then. So this is not a solution as I see it. It was a big mistake to nerf her, because CPU now plays her better than Human. Before it was equal.

I am afraid she will become a little too meh if she explodes 3-4 gems… Also about the stats skill she adds to an ally more often than not, doesnt come in use, because rather than slow the battles would be over with a worthy enough Fizzbang.

No surprise there… You wanna be sure i am good and long gone before fixing her