Pre-Battle Feature: Subterfuge

What if there were a pre-battle feature called Subterfuge which allowed you to turn off one AI trait.

The cost would need to be significant:
Lvl 1 Trait- 5 gems
Lvl 2 Trait- 10 gems
Legendary- 15 gems
Mythic- 20 gems

It would only be for the single battle but would allow you for 15 gems to nip that Mab in the bud. Or for 20 gems keep Death from draining your life every turn, etc.

Just a thought… :wink:

EDIT: After some conversation it seems this might work better as a possible Soul Dump, as applying gems to this could be seen as P2W, so consider the same feature with the cost in souls similar to this:

Level 1- 500 souls
Level 2- 1000 souls
Legendary- 2500 souls
Mythic- 5000 souls

2 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. I don’t think it should be used in Guild Wars. But, I don’t see the real harm in regular PVP.

I agree. NOT FOR GW!!

But it might offer a viable end game gem sink… though even end gamers don’t mind spending gems on gem chests and VIP chests.

I don’t think that you could get away with offering it for a gold price tag, do you?

I don’t think so. That would be way too easy. It needs to sting at least a little.

As an endgamer, I’m extremely frugal about gem spending. I won’t even use gems to reroll an annoying PVP defense team despite having almost 20K gems. But, I don’t think twice about spending gold.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. That’s why I went with gems in the OP.

Just to ask the question, could this work as a soul dump at end game? Maybe it unlocks at lvl 1000 and it costs:

Level 1- 500 souls
Level 2- 1000 souls
Legendary- 2500 souls
Mythic- 5000 souls

(I still think gems is the OBVIOUS choice, but its worth discussing…) :wink:

That would be an interesting soul sink. But, I can already predict the whinging post about limiting it to endgamers.

1 Like

Yes, use souls! :+1:

1 Like

You are 1000% correct! :joy:

So, yes, leave it open to all but the price tag can still be as daunting as above.

Oh and the logic to justify the souls is— those represent the troops that gave their lives to see the enemy fail… Rogue One anybody? :cry:

2 Likes

Love it…

1 Like

Thanks @Ashasekayi and @htismaqe, its high praise indeed coming from both of you! :wink:

2 Likes

Is anyone having THAT much difficulty to sink GEMS into reducing traits from a computer opponent? MAYBE souls, but I think a vast majority of people would never spend that kind of gems to just make a battle where you might win some gold and a few trophies a little easier. Especially not 5, 10, 15, or 20 of them. MAYBE 1, 2 or 3 gems.

Also, the only people I see that might have gems to just “throw away” on a feature like this would be the way end gamers, around level 1000+ (even still, gems can be used to purchase VIP chests and gem chests, which is an infinitesimally better use of them).

Couple the development time it would take to implement a feature, it just doesn’t seem worth it (IMO).

1 Like

@Raphius I always like to start on the high end so people can talk it down in the thread. :wink:

I personally think it would be a better SOUL SINK, but I know the devs love to link things to those Gems, being the Premium Currency and all, but yeah perhaps you are right 20 gems is much, but then its still 50 gems to change your Hero class!

That is sooo bonkers I don’t even know what to say about it! :dizzy_face:

I can’t even bring myself to spend gems to skip opponents, so there’s no way I’d ever spend even more gems just to make a match easier. Also, and this is the more important point, it also moves us further down the slippery slope of p2w. If you can spend gems to make matches easier, then that would incentivize the devs to create overpowered traits that were close to impossible to defeat unless you spent gems. I think we’ve all played games like that and it’s not fun.

I vote no on this as it’s the wrong solution to the problem. Please, no additional F2P shenanigans; GoW is doing a great job of balance on that line, let’s not encourage them to tip over it.

1 Like

Agree. This moves really the wrong direction into p2w territory.

1 Like

Pay to win. Moving on.

2 Likes

im a little concerned this could deplete newbie gems before they learn more about the game, if ever should that be unlocked after account reaches lv100 or something?

Both @Jainus & @Shimrra agreed with me? Am I getting Punked? :wink:

3 Likes

We know where you live too

I am Groot?

1 Like

I have updated the OP to show my change in perspective to have this be a potential SOUL Dump. I don’t, in any way, want to see GoW be deemed P2W, so I agree with everybody on that front!

Souls are freely and readily available to all. :wink: