POV on updates and state of the game

After 6 plus years I’m considering retiring my account due to being displeased with the game play! Allow me to explain. On average I play about 2 hours a day GOW is one of the rare games I’ll actually spend real cash on. As of late I’ve felt an almost begrudging feeling with the lagging of pvp and direction that the game seemingly is heading putting cosmetics over quality of game play.
The game that I’ve grown to love has turned into a almost unrecognizable to game to when I first started playing filled with meaningless features like shiny cards ,updates at every turn with glitches worst then previous one , pop up adds for items not relevant to my level.
why the Delves feel the need to change the game’s interface as often as it has and leave aspects of the game like treasure maps that have become redundant unchanged is beyond me.
It seem that the delves hate suggestions. I’ve given a few suggestions on a new pet or card idea (a badger card - pet )to have ideas just disregard.
Truth be told I’m probably to stubborn to quite the game but the likelihood of me spending real cash in the game’s current state is unlikely

6 Likes

Umberwolf came out October 29, 2017. Dead and Loving It

As of December 28, 2023, we still have not gotten a troop or hero class that can “Create a Leafstorm at the start of every turn”.

Any troop idea: don’t expect anything to ever happen.

After playing for almost nine years, I have to say, while your criticisms are not completely wrong, there is nothing as new about them, as you make it sound.
Have you been around long enough to have witnessed the September 2017 graphics change? I’ve yet to see something, that beats this in regards of needlessly angering players. The game hasn’t been the same since.
I would not describe shiny cards as “meaningless”, as they do have an ingame impact (the only aspects, that are purely cosmetical, are event armours and event pets). I would rather complain, that it is yet another feature in a game, that is being drowned in stuff.

Don’t put any hope into suggestions. None of the developers read in places, where players are around. All communication runs through the moderators, who are filtering it down to close to nothing.

About the lag.
It hurts.
But far less than the post-match crashes in the early years.
Don’t ask, how many guild wars fights were “lost” this way.

2 Likes

My guild leader, still gets these guild wars crashes, freezes.

Is there a way , to stop them.
He’s been playing over 6 years to.

New Xbox, reinstalled the game.

Still happens randomly, only in guild wars.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, except put in a bug report, he doesn’t go in this forum and won’t.

When vulpacea was announced, I thought that the faction legendary in the court of foxes would have a mixture of green and brown gems called “forest storm.” It would have fit thematically with wargare and their hidden forest home, but that would have made too much sense right?:rofl:

3 Likes