Poll: what would you like the devs attention on?

Was going to reply but @Ashasekayi and @Mekkalyn shut the topic down. Well done!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s shocking to me given that Tyri is free. I guess if thatā€™s true (and Iā€™d love to know what ā€œlotsā€ means) then they just need to put in a similar consumable for any future mini-game and it could be worthwhile.

1 Like

How come I have to vote every time I check this thread?

just click - show results, your vote is saved

but i have no idea :S i dont know if/how to edit this to not do thatā€¦ i hoped it does that only to me :cold_sweat:

looks like stabilsed 46/112 votes for minigames!
all those ppl voting makes me happy :heart_eyes:

only 46 ppl out of thousands who play this, but still a very tiny light of hope :sunrise: let it shine!

Are @Sirrian, @Nimhain and crew taking this under advisement? If so, to what end? Shall the mini-games icon soon be a glut of new and interesting combat types and experimental game play modes?

That likely depends on your definition of ā€œsoon.ā€ Minigame development is expensive, and has the potential to hurt the game as much as it can breathe new life into it. Reward minigame play too heavily and you hurt the core gotta-catch-'em-all revenue stream of PvP team building. You can already see the tension with Arena and Treasure Hunt.

Well while Nimhain did comment on this, her comment was absolutely off-topicā€¦ so not sure about that lol

i think devs want to be safe and not promise anything for now, wait till we get 10x or 100x more ppl voting here (which i dont hope for xD )

i made this poll without asking them, they may love or hate it, nonetheless i dont think they could promiss something as big as making minigame without a lot of time being behind it

The forum-goers are a tiny and hardly representative part of this gameā€™s playing population - and more likely to be those attracted to the forum by a need to complain for change. Not saying I disagree with the sentiment here (I donā€™t), but the devs will take such a poll with a healthy pinch of salt - and to be honest probably didnā€™t learn anything newā€¦ they already knew they just need to listen to meā€¦

1 Like

:grin::joy::grin:

Probably should have prefaced the question with some info from the past. One of the powers that be, forgot who, said something about addā€™l mini-games being on their radar. If memory serves, shortly following we seen the mini-game icon from world map addedā€¦ since then, talk of such things went dark to my knowledge.

So to @Lyyaā€™s point, ā€˜soonā€™ is relative, but back from when last the topic was discussed, we are pretty far away from ā€˜soonā€™. One hopes they have already coded a number of mini-game test options.

Considering how development works, plans were likely in place quite some time ago for a number of ā€˜spit-balledā€™ type ideas to see what has stuck and what has fallen from the inner sactum. I would guess a number of ideas for things to come have been in the works for awhile. If any of those ā€˜thingsā€™ happen to be mini-games, and considering past and present conversations on the topic, one now wonders - if ā€˜soonā€™ is upon usā€¦ however relative.

As far as ā€˜gotta catch em allā€™ interference, itā€™s all in the economy / reward structure. Iā€™m not sure the ā€˜gotta catch em allā€™ hook in the game needs to be ā€˜tiedā€™ to PvP anywayā€¦ PvP could simply be one of many sources one works toward the goal. If there were 3, different ways for a player to achieve the same goals, is choice a bad thing as long as they havenā€™t negatively impacted business revenue?

Content does not have to suffer at the hand of the business model, in fact, it should enhance it if done well.

2 Likes

I meant it less about there being a new means to do the collection (though that would be a concern for sure if the time efficiency threatens PvP involvement) and more that itā€™s hard to make minigames that take advantage of and showcase the playerā€™s collection.

Sure, point received.

Iā€™m in the 14th guild on the leader board. We seem to float between 14th / 16th regularly. As far as I can tell, at Grandmaster II ranking, itā€™s a 320% ā€˜dailyā€™ gold bump. Thatā€™s a one time daily or 7-times weekly impact, which is frankly - negligible. I have no idea what the ā€˜daily rewardā€™ difference is from rank 1-13 guilds earn for their position on the boards, but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s not significant.

From a player to player basis, we have some folks who love to see their name in lights and time to burn, so they play like wild fire in the PvP ladder. Last week or presently, I forgetā€¦ I donā€™t really pay that close attention to the chatā€¦ but ā€˜recentlyā€™ we had 2 guys get in top 100 on the player PvP board. I did that once, just so I could see it, and realize how much effort it tookā€¦ and walked away with my ā€˜bonusā€™ traitstone for the week, LOLā€¦ only to vow to never do it again!

I would say the majority of our guild is not die-hard PvP at allā€¦ On Wed afternoon, we have 7 folks with over 200 weekly trophies, we have another 13 members over 100. That leaves 10 below 100 trophies. Our guild requirements are 1500 seals and 250K donations, however you get them. Of course we have people to donate far more than that in goldā€¦ however they get it. We hit 40K seals each week between sat night at our earliest and by Sun night at our latest. Weā€™ve had 1+ legendary tasks completed weekly, but itā€™s nothing special.

A number of our players hit PvP to get what they need to in order to hit personal rank 1, then they are off to other things they enjoy in the gameā€¦ arena, explore, treasure huntā€¦ whatever. I follow a similar path. Personally, Iā€™d rather fast track crush explore on normal, in a mindless mode to get traits, vs play slower PvP.

For me, PvP rank 1 is the chore. Games are slower, but the daily bonus and influx of gold while contributing to the guildies who value leader boards all helps. So, I get the chore done first each week. Its far more entertaining for me to do other stuff though - like working on full traiting my new or remaining troops.

If I never or rarely ā€˜neededā€™ to go into PvP, Iā€™d prefer it! The glory I get from a fully leveled map far outweighs the benefits of PvP. There is no other ā€˜game typeā€™ which incentivizes as much as PvP does if you donā€™t have a full map and you need glory and gold to get there. So again, itā€™s a necessary evil early on, but thatā€™s a design choiceā€¦ doesnā€™t have to be that way.

I could imagine a number of other ā€˜non-pvpā€™ ladder board activities or differing activities. Some of those non ladder board activities could even involve asynchronous player to player built match ups, based on what / how other players approached an event in the past. Such mini-games or alternative play modes, could work to leverage the fiction of the world map. They could even create a number of PvP ladders where different game types were explored - if PvP hook was truly mission critical, which I doubt it honestly is.

They just have to avoid negatively impacting bottom line. If they can do that while delivering new game type content and still delivering interesting / valuable incentives and rewards without breaking the economy structure of the game, then they are winning with me. Iā€™d dare say the long term potential of this game, goes well far and beyond the current limited grinding confines of the present PvP - if they want it.

Avatars honestly are pointless right now - til they actually add a Race Modifier to it, I donā€™t see the point of adding new Avatars. It would be like having different race Avatars for TES (Elder Scrolls) but no racial differences in terms of stats.

Gacha PITY? Guaranteed Troops sounds like a horrible ideaā€¦ Just no on that one.

LIVE PVP has been butchered so many times & suggested too many times already - If Devs wanted it, theyā€™d have added by now.

Solution to Get Old Weapons: Rerun the Events they are from.

More Kingdomsā€¦ That is something that will obviously be added whether we request it or not. Its like asking a Cookie Factory to make More Cookiesā€¦

Definitely NEEDED:
End User Licence Agreement (seriously, why they DONā€™T have this is beyond astonishing), MiniGames (Seriously Arena, Explore, and Treasure Hunting isnā€™t enough - Challenge, PvP, and Quest I donā€™t consider ā€œminigameā€), Guild Wars (we already have Guilds & PvP, put them together andā€¦)

I didnā€™t see consoles mentioned and being a HUGE player on XB1, I would love to see UWP integration so I can also play on my Windows 10 devices and use the same account.

1 Like

sorry i could not mention consoles as i have no idea about them. pc/mobile player here and i havent had any console in my life :wink:

also apparently there is a limit to 20 options in the poll and no more, in the end couldnt fit in options like:

• Existing MINIGAMES BALANCING /improvements

and

• AI CHANGES /improvement /programmable defene ai /ai scaled with difficulty etc

:disappointed_relieved:

Thanks is okay. That is why I checked the last topic of ā€œotherā€ and included my suggestion in the comments.

1 Like