Poll: what would you like the devs attention on?

You also lose a huge portion of potential player base by only offering pvp as well. They have to try and target areas where they think they can offer more to a wider range of players. Right now that’s all this game is based on, pvp and guilds. Which is fine to me, but not to a large portion of players. We who enjoy that, of course they are going to retain us, but it doesn’t offer enough to others. It’s all about a bigger picture.

We get to sit here and enjoy the game, but they have to sit on the other side and consider why they aren’t bringing in more players. It’s a guessing game. Plus we already know they’re working on more mini-games. This is obviously the reason they’re wanting to bring real time pvp as well. It isn’t so much for the people already here, it’s for the people they MIGHT appeal to.

Pick 3? I thought I was supposed to Match 3.

4 Likes

IIRC, they said at one point that they actually DO sell quite a few of the map bundles. So they are making at least a bit on treasure hunt.

1 Like

Top voted is minigames… I was a little disappointed that got top billing over “let’s not release troops until we know they work.” Because Kraken is broken. Gard was broken. Dragon Soul is still broken. Etc.

Not broken as in “way too strong for the game”… broken as in “this troop doesn’t actually work like it’s supposed to.”

5 Likes

“Don’t release something until it has no problems” - is essentially an impossible feat. And it’s pretty inefficient.

Releasing something that needs fixes allows the community to identify those problems much faster than they can be identified internally. It’s a win-win from my perspective. It allows faster development, and allows for more efficient work. The only downside is we have a week or two where a new troop doesn’t do exactly what it should. Seems like a minor issue to me.

But thanks for clarifying! I appreciate it.

7 Likes

I know that not everyone is going to be able to log-in each and every day, but my suggestion was about what’s good for the longevity of the game and I removed my personal consistency from the equation. Having a daily log-in that goes higher than seven has the potential to increase player retention because it gives the community something to work towards that is independent from skill or rosters; an equal opportunity for all participants.

2 Likes

“Everyone has a testing environment… some are just lucky enough to also have another place to deploy to production.”

I realize gaming is a world away from the field in which I work, but I’m used to people losing jobs and companies losing contracts over that.

Yes - being uptight about perceived quality is a big loss factor in many places.

The ability to respond to community feedback allows faster iterations, but requires close contact & communication. This is actually a strength of the technique in my opinion - it means the company is invested in keeping up good communication. It also means the company relies on good communication with players to keep face, as opposed to the company’s ability to never make mistakes.

2 Likes

If I could like this on Facebook for an Arcane of my choice… I would so click that! :wink:
Allow us to add a clickable icon to websites, facebook, twitter, etc. in exchange for some in game return.
1 gem/click or 1 random stone/click

Just a thought, but I would gladly add a GoW button to my homepage. And Im sure there are many others who would as well, that is free advertising, well, aside from in-game currency of course.

These issues are what drive me nuts. I was excited for the first time in a long time about playing the game when Kraken was released. That excitement was dashed when yet again I find out a 3rd trait was changed because it was literally game breaking. This game seriously needs a beta tester program.

10 Likes

This is what disappoints me as well and the fact that old legendaries aren’t getting brought up to speed to be able to compete with the newer ones.

4 Likes

Reason why people want mini games is because we saw all those different and very fun mini games puzzle quest had. And I came here to gow exactly because of puzzle quest.

5 Likes

This is an excellent idea.

1. Volunteer beta testers, will get an early look at the upcoming troops.
  2. No advancement in beta environment, keeps players from taking advantage of “broken” troops.
  3. This will help with the huge problem how in the world they are going to KEEP up platform parity once we catch up on console.
  4. Give the beta testers something special, like a hat or other cosmetic item they can use in production.
3 Likes

I agree to this as well.

When we have a weekly kingdom event the developers should look at that particular kingdoms troops and buff the ones that have been left behind. This will take some time to get through every kingdom but at least every week a few older troops can be brought “back into the game”.

They were doing this for a few weeks months ago and stopped for some reason?

2 Likes

My guess would be that they don’t have enough time to do it and want to get other things done instead. Or it’s too much work for one designated person, etc.

Either way, I think it should be a pretty high priority so more diverse teams can be brought forward since it’s been proven on here that people get very bored of fighting the same teams and eventually their interest dwindles.

It’s also pretty amazing to see what a little shake up of balancing can do for a game.

2 Likes

We’re still planning to do more. (You may want to keep an eye out on a future event coming real soon :wink:)

Some times it’s the timing and our schedule which affects when we can do kingdom reworks.

6 Likes

Pardon me, but Dragon Soul has been broken for more than a week or two and we have no ETA on when his trait will become something more than an Infernal King replica. (Unless I’ve missed an announcement)

And If I’m not wrong, Kraken won’t be fixed until the next patch. That is, I’m assuming, more than a week or two away. I’m ignorant as to why they can’t just push out a minor patch to get these issues fixed before releasing more and more troops.

And then there’s the whole balancing thing… since May/April there has been barely any overhauls to balance which is much needed. More and more troops just keep coming out without any attention to the old. A decent fraction of the troops are so underpowered it’s honestly sad. And troops get edged out of their niche by a new more powerful version. That shouldn’t happen. If it does happen, it should be rectified in a reasonable time period. The end game doesn’t have enough viable teams.

But, first and foremost, the troops that are in the game should be working as intended. I will admit I am a bit “salty” (ugh I hate that term) over the Kraken incident. He was the first troop I’ve been extremely excited for since Queen Mab, and I’m frustrated that won’t be fixed any time soon.

Also I’m annoyed that the replacement trait is so lackluster.

2 Likes

a lot of ppl was excited about kraken trait , including me,
now im just waiting till that 2.2 update as if nothing was released for the week :sleepy:

3 Likes

Arena, probably the case, unless it actually causes people to buy gold. The entry fee is pretty steep for a new player. Treasure Hunt, however…

1 Like

But does it have any measurable impact on player perception of the development team or the game? I know I see a lot of complaints these days for many games that people feel like they’re being treated like beta testers, it’s frustrating to them, and makes them feel the developer is incompetent and lazy. This is usually coupled with complaints that the developers aren’t communicating well, so maybe you’re right that communication can make up for or even make players feel good about the process. But I don’t know if there are many developers who communicate as well or as frequently with their players as the GoW developers do, and yet there are still plenty of complaints here about bugs and design flaws, and how they go unaddressed for far too long.

There’s also the question of whether this has any measurable impact on retention or engagement. Noisy people often repeatedly claim that they’re quitting, without apparently doing so, while quiet people just disappear. Most people never communicate with the development team, but they experience the bugs and the design issues all the same. Depending on communication, rather than quality, means most of your customers only see the faults, not the positive qualities.

2 Likes