Poll: What is your favourite Dragon art work?

• Baby Dragon
  • Bone Dragon
  • Borealis
  • Celestasia
  • Couatl
  • Dimetraxia
  • DRACOS 1337
  • Dragonette
  • Dragonmoth
  • Emperina
  • Shadow Dragon
  • Sheggra
  • Sylvanimora
  • The Dragon Soul
  • Venbarak
  • Venoxia
  • Wyvern

0 voters

LyyaEmpowered

For reference, side by side:

Baby Dragon:

Bone Dragon:

Borealis:

Celestasia:

Couatl:

Dimetraxia:

DRACOS 1337:

Dragonette:

Dragonmoth:

Emperina:

Shadow Dragon:

Sheggra:

Sylvanimora:

The Dragon Soul:

Venbarak:

Venoxia:

Wyvern:

My favourite is Borealis.

2 Likes

Shadow Dragon by a mile.

3 Likes

Sylvanimora :slight_smile:

(To be fair, many of the dragons have excellent artwork)

2 Likes

1 Like

Poll has been added. The half dragon/half human kind of troops was not added. :slight_smile:

For reference, side by side:

Baby Dragon:

Bone Dragon:

Borealis:

Celestasia:

Couatl:

Dimetraxia:

DRACOS 1337:

Dragonette:

Dragonmoth:

Emperina:

Shadow Dragon:

Sheggra:

Sylvanimora:

The Dragon Soul:

Venbarak:

Venoxia:

Wyvern:

3 Likes

Thanks, I was too lazy to add them. xD

I really like the simplistic beauty of the Dragonette. It’s also one of the few (only?) troops we can see the entire body of.

The lovely gradient mixed with the hidden detail in the scales and coloration, all while offering an understandable depiction of it’s size with the quick comparison to it’s skull perch.

Tell me it doesn’t make you want a little status-inducing lizard-bird all of your own!
I’d risk being Burned, Diseased, Stunned and Marked by Death all at the same time for the tiny thing. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

RAINBOW SNAKE! (Couatl)

2 Likes

me too! this was my favorite mythic creature… i loved studying the Aztecs in school.

Its a nice troop. :slight_smile: As a drawer myself, I could not have drawen close to anything like Dragonette. However I easily detect small details, the physical look in the shoulder/right arm area is it’s weakest link. However it is not a major one like the left arm of Bonnie Rose. Those angles is sometimes so hard to deal with even for the best artists.

Just my personal opinion of course, that shoulder is a little out of proportion and it is almost as one can’t see it, also it should be a little more marked with colors, and be moved little to the left.

Venoxias art work is almost too good to be true. Perfect light, perfect angles on the upper and under jaws, it just looks like cut out from a movie.

1 Like

if i could keep a huge pet dragon id take celestasia, shes beautiful
but otherwise dragonnette =)

1 Like

Is it just me, Celestasia looks a little like a fish(cod), and Venoxia looks like a moraine/eel. Quite cool tho, and both has great artwork. The only thing I could find a little strange with Celestasia is that the artist decided to go with a almost fully white mouth(inside). :stuck_out_tongue:

not to me, i see celes more like this
(at work, neither have time nor tools other then paint, so excuse me it was very rushed)

edit: venoxx could be an eel or more the japanease type of dragon with long stomach and small arms/legs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I was talking about facial characteristic(like the beard threads is common on some fishs speciments) and the skin tone, as well as white mouth - of Celestasia. Thats not the head of Celestasia tho, its Emperina. Are you mixing those two?

2 Likes

In my opinion the top 5 art work, and the the bottom 5:

Top 5:

1. Venoxia. (By far the best art work, among the best in the game)
  2. Celestasia.(Very smart choice of colors. A little colored mouth would be better, wings looks a little fast done, especially the closest one.)
  3. Sylvanimora.(Great artwork, however the chest circles looks a little fastly done)
  4. Wyvern. (It’s incredible well made, a crossing between a raptor from JP and a dragon.
  5. Borealis.(Good balance of details and color theme.The best looking Dragon drawen in profile.

Bottom 5:

1. The Dragon Soul.(The soulish hands just destroys it for me, sorry.)
  2. Dimetraxia.(It is just something with its propotions, it almost looks a little like the cheap dinosaur figurine you had when you were a kid. However details is good, sadly destroyed by the bad propotions.)
  3. Dragonmoth/Couati. As a bird/lobster look a like dragon, it really cant look much better, but the art work is far too simple. The face looks almost like one of Grannys chickens(not sure what is wrong with it.) Couati, the snake dragon looks a little cheap, there is so many skin colors to choose from, I am sure all of us have seen a really cool snakish color, this skin color looks a little cheap(to be a snake). The eye is meant to not have any differently color than its skin from the artists view, thats a mistake. However both get some points for their uniqueness.
  4. Shadow Dragon.(I agree a very cool troop and good choices of colors. But maybe too simple. I think many of us(not artists) would have been able to create a dragon face in profile close like that.
  5. DRACOS 1337. (It just a little better looking than the one, one of my class mates draw back in 2003. But afterall its a robot, so what to expect? Dont know how to place a word on it, maybe made it a little retro, with retro colors would have been cool, Pink andPurple colors or just metallic.)

lol i was XD
but nah i still like celes more, its just later with the reply i got them mixed, but they still go by the same pattern shape to me…
it has been handed to me: i need more sleep :scream:

ps. i think dragon soul would look better if he had consequently same intensity of soul-ish everywhere not just his hands (excluding the breathe magic, for obvious reasons)

1 Like

So no love for Dragonian Rogue, Dragotaur or Visk? (Or Dragon Eggs?!)

… I’ve always been partial to Shadow Dragon myself. This may have something to do with its art being blown up and on the web forum for me to see every single day. Maybe.

1 Like

dragonians and dragons arent same, they just share same unit type…