POLL: Do you from any reason consider quitting this game?

I don’t think the issue for a lot of people is the fact that “new things” have been introduced, it has been the feeling of unfair levels of advantage being taken away from the player and being given to the AI. A lot of popular troops now feel difficult/undesirable to play, which is the opposite of “new variety”.

[edit] I would also like to note that as far as criticism towards changes/developers, these forums overall seem to take a far more adult tone than those of some other games I play. I see more “such-and-such change/mechanic is dumb” and less “devs are dumb”. Less foot-stomping and more “hey, here’s what we’re seeing”. I’m not saying we as a forum community are perfect, but we aren’t all bad either.

1 Like

Question devs will always ask is: what decision we make that will increase our income? Does move to unity with nicer graphic and flashy effects etc attract new player base ? If loss of (paying) player due to updates effect net profit then yes, a concern. But if new players attracted to game, then is healthy game and more likely new paying players. Please don’t take me wrong way here (I sure you will), but I think long term player over value themself to this game. Beside some nice tips in forum, or take on junior players you nothing to add unless you pull out wallet and help devs pay bills. I expect backlash but is truth sorry.

Not entirely true. In any F2P game the majority of the playerbase will be made up of free players, and without that playerbase providing depth (available guilds, chatter on the forums, a variety of pvp opponents, lively global chat, etc) for the paying players, the “community” would be a lot more lacking. (I’m a paying player, btw.)

2 Likes

I have been playing GoW for about 16 months and have spent $0 so far. That is mainly because i just bought a house and i am working to remodel it and that is soaking up every bit of extra money i have.

That being said, i fully intend to probably go overboard spending for my wife and myself the funds become available thus providing a counter-example to the proposed argument that only new players spend.

5 Likes

I’ve considered quitting recently. I can’t exactly put my finger on why, but these days the game often feels more frustrating than fun. I doubt I would quit entirely, but I’m not sure I’m invested enough to continue participating in guild wars and high-level pvp anymore. Unfortunately, stepping away from those would mean giving up on a ton of resources, which would likely drive me further from the game, so I’m sticking with it for now.

In theory, you should be right. I add that long term players should be more difficult to satisfy becuase of the “this patch changes the game which is not anymore the one that I began with, I quit”.
But new players are not unlimited, this game is a 3-match so not everyone can be interested and it became more complex over time so on, not on the direction of new players. I just imagine to start the game from scratch, it should take ages… And one of the biggest issue is the unavaibility of dropping the old Mythics and no, I don’t believe that the Crafting will be a miracle solution because it will surely ask a lot of ressources that new players don’t have…

Nobody likes bugs and just check the topic about that but it seems that none of them has been resolved since 17 days…

4 Likes

Comprehension fail. You start your sentence saying you have been longer term player but have spent $0. Strange, this seem to support my argument. And then you say you intend to pay some $$ once you find the money in your pocket. But here’s the rub, intention is not the same as doing. Everybody have good intention. So get back to us when you actually do spent some $$. Besides, I not say ALL long term player don’t spend $$ - just the majority. I even list 4 reasons why long term player might spend the $$. So which reason are you ?

90% of players spend no money - that’s true for new players, long-term players, and anywhere in between. Before you start picking on people for not spending money, just keep that in mind.

If you want really rough estimates for the sake of discussion, you can reasonably assume:

• 90% of players spend nothing, no matter what, and will never spend anything.
  • 9% of players spend a small amount. This covers everything from “$0.99 once then never spent again” to “might drop $5 every now and then if it’s really compelling”, etc. These add up to around 10% of the game’s revenue.
  • The remaining 1% of players provide 90% of the game’s revenue. These are almost always long term players, though there may occasionally be a newer player mixed in.
3 Likes

Between the bugs, the lost faith in random being random, and 21,260 gems worth of VIP and Gem keys not getting a mythic, I’m rethinking if it is worth my time.

And rethink done, I’ll be uninstalling on Monday. Someone else will need to handle a new “not in chests” thread, and make a new spoiler page.

5 Likes

Wow. Sorry to see you go, @Rasper. Your contributions to this community will be greatly missed. :worried:

2 Likes

@Rasper you been very ‘helpful’ to the community I saddened you’ll be leaving your ‘desk’. :frowning:

Have fun with your future games :grin:

3 Likes

Leave if you want, but the random being random thing is a stupid reason. It’s never been random. But there’s a difference between not-random-to-make-it-more-fun and not-random-to-get-your-money. It’s definitely the former and not the latter.

I would argue that since the upgrade the “not-random-to-make-it-more-fun” factor has largely gone the way of the dodo. I will still agree that it’s not “not-random-to-get-your-money”, but it’s also “not-random-and-now-less-fun” for many players.

Sucks to see you go, @Rasper, but I don’t blame you. Best of luck with whatever game(s) you pick up next!

Random is never truly random when you’re playing games. The Devs have to be able to change any aspect of a game. Best to think of it as controlled “random.”

Sorry to see you go Rasper.

1 Like

It’s sad to see long-term members leaving the game. I hope that you will reconsider @Rasper, but I completely understand if ya don’t.

5 Likes

I’ve read people who gave ideas here. Some of them good. But my experience is that the Devs just shoot these down. It wouldn’t be a problem if the new things the devs did worked but they don’t. I believe that with every update the game has progressively become worse not better. And it’s a sentiment that seems to be shared by quite a few people.

Agreed. The spirit is in the right direction even if the execution is lacking. But it’s nothing new. The only thing new about it is that they’re openly talking about it on an on-going basis b/c it’s different from what previously existed. But the “truly random” business is a myth and it’s ridiculous that people are talking about quitting over the issue. If it’s not as fun, I get it, but that’s totally different from “not random”.

I will likely be quitting shortly. I have determined there must be something wrong with my account since I never get mythics so I do not see the point in continuing to play. I will at the least keep playing through Sunday at least for GW for my guild and will decide for sure then, but 2 mythics in 1056 levels and none in more than 3 months spending tens of thousands of keys has broken my spirit

1 Like

I’ve thought about leaving and am doing exactly that at the moment. If not leave completely reduce my game time drastically and that entails leaving my current guild, which is just about the only thing I currently enjoy about the game. Chatting with my guild mates. As a high level player there is not much to do. One of the few things I personally look forward to is a new mythic, but when you waste so many resources and still not find one, it gets really frustrating. The most frustrating things is that you get nothing of value in return. For example finding another missing mythic would be good but finding nothing useful is really annoying and pushes one closer to quitting. There is absolutely nothing to do with a bunch of cards for which you already have levelled up to mythic. You can’t trade them, you can’t donate them to guild mates who don’t have them (and make their day) you don’t have to change them to souls cause you no longer need souls and you can’t exchange them to arcanes. Personally speaking thet only thing of value except of the 3 (now 4) mythic troops missing would be arcanes. But more often than not chest don’t yield these either and explore is just not worth the hassle. That aside I do strongly believe that with every update the game has got worse and get the feeling that the good ideas the dev’s have are never properly implemented. The game is just about speed and that’s it. Now even more than before. Guild Wars is broken because the main game is broken. If you’re lucky you’re likely to win with any given team, if not than similarly you’ll loose with any given team. Though to be honest the mono colour thing was a nice touch and got me to use some troops I would otherwise never considered. That said I have to say that overall I wasn’t impressed with GW. The prize is meagre compared to the resources spent on sentinels and as someone said Bracket 1 is so competitive that it’s rage inducing for most players.

2 Likes

Nr1 reason to quit: Finding out the game is just a huge waste of time.
Aka: playing hundreds of explore matches without getting a single arcane drop.

Removed the rest, cause… what’s the use.