Please rethink recent decisions

I think the devs made the right decision to make GW every 3rd week. I most definitely would have disliked them running it concurrent with raids. I’m in Bracket 1 where the fights can be a good challenge. However, it does get monotonous with the same cycle of meta teams. So, I’m enjoying the new challenge of raids. I like having different major events each week.

As for guild participation, our guild is talking everyday about different team strategies and efficiency. So, in that regard, it still sparks conversation in the guild. It is also a team effort; the guild works together to make enough points to close the portals.

So what if they show a single player leaderboard for raids? If they had a single player leaderboard of highest scores for GW, would that magically mean GW wasn’t a team effort? Not hardly.

As Eika said, they can’t please everyone. Some people hate GW; some will hate raids.

9 Likes

You are doing apples to oranges comparison.

So you would feel great if they create a GW Single player leaderboard and move almost ALL the GW rewards there?

2 Likes

I’m not comparing apples and oranges. The statement you quoted had nothing at all to do with rewards. The op stated raid was just a single player p2w mode. My argument is that the presence of a individual player leaderboard doesn’t change the team aspect of both modes.

Closing portals is the team portion of raids. Pure and simple. Should it have more gem rewards? Yes, I think so. I also think each boss battle should give more seals, more gold, more souls and give 3 trophies. The raid mode could be improved in many ways.

I’m not crazy about the p2w leaderboard. But, it is what it is. It’s pretty obvious that the publishers of this game want more profit.

4 Likes

I agree with the original poster. I too was hooked in by guild wars. the competition in my guild for the top spots is fierce with multiple people scoring 53-56k weekly. I loved that competition. Raid makes me feel like someone watching others play a game I could do well in but can’t afford to. It’s off putting. I have several levels of vip and regret spending the money now. These type of game modes are not why I supported the game. Invasion just seems like more of the same P2W. If this continues I will probably find something else to do with my time and money. Sorry Devs but this update was really disappointing to me.

4 Likes

Sorry I know you didn’t say that specifically, I was forward thinking. Based an the last few updates released IF the developers spend any of time at all to work on GW to add a LB (or whatever) there is no way on the planet the publisher will let players obtain the current GW Gems reward payout via Guild progress. Period. They WILL be transferred to pay to win, to the new leaderboard, or elsewhere, or replaced.

The development time (for a LB or anything) will not be done in a vacuum without reward changes.

PS: Sorry if you felt I was twisting your words, just sprinkling in some Publisher Overload reality.

3 Likes

No worries. :slight_smile:

Your last post makes very valid points.

3 Likes

For me the raids are boring, and the rewards suck. I will do the bare minimum for my guilds sake and nothing more. I love GW and would like it back full time.
If GW was run alongside the raids I would do GW first, and then MAYBE do the raids, but probably not.

4 Likes

I would like to keep the current guild war like it is and maybe add a different type of guild war where the devs choose the Def and you would have all week to do battles. You could call it Dev Wars where each day would be a different Dev team build. Just throwing an idea out there.

1 Like

Thats interesting. We’ve had many conversations here under my main account. And now I know your true nature, I need not communicate with you again.

1 Like

I understand they need to add content to keep the end game players happy, however now it feels like with the new dungeon, new UI, new raids and invasions, and with the events needing 750 snot gems, etc. It sure feels like the game is demanding 2-3 hours of game play everyday just to keep up with my current guild. I keep hanging on in hopes they will dial it back, but it looks grim now. I’m hanging on for my guild for now, but I see my exit coming real soon. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yea, they’ve finally turned me away. It’s become far too time consuming for less rewards now imo.

1 Like

This is the 5th time you’ve said that since about February 27th. :wink:

7 Likes

6a00d8341c652b53ef013480307733970c-800wi

:joy:

8 Likes

There isn’t much strategy required when there is such a limited pool of cards to choose from (the best teams to use are immediately obvious) and the AI teams are repetitive. There simply isn’t anything to it.

Exactly, GW wouldn’t be considered an individual task, because it isnt, it encourages guilds to collaborate as they attempt to score every last point, to lose just one less match a week, to help someone score 9,450 in a day instead of 9,400.

These new modes do not require it, the resources rewarded are inconsequential, losing matches are irrelevant. That is why it is mainly an individual P2W leaderboard.

High level GW finally made the game more than just an endless repetitive run of matches where winning or losing did not matter. Now it’s back to Candy Crush.

In general, people seem to just dislike the pressure of GW.

4 Likes

Bahaha, I earned that.

I hear you though. The game’s siren call is loud. What I’ve been doing is picking something I like (it happens to be traitstone farming) and doing that a lot more, even if there’s something “better” to do. Traitstone farming isn’t busted in any significant way, so it’s fun to me. Random PvP breaks that monotony.

I treat everything else like “chores” and only do it if I’m in a good mood. It’s one of the benefits of being in a casual guild. I’m still in the top 5 of my guild. Downside: I don’t get many orbs. Upside: if I release my feelings of need towards orbs, I don’t care about them.

3 Likes

The same is true in GW, the pool of useful cards by color is very restrict. You can always expect some combinations to appear. Like Dwarves during Red Day for example.

I have to ask, how important are GW rewards for you? Would you play it every week even if only during the “Official Week” you could gain the gems, extra seals and bonus for XP?

But what’s the problem in a more casual experience cathering to another portion of the public? Having multiple kinds of events and minigames offers more variety to increase the playerbase and keep the game alive longer.

You can dismiss “Candy Crush players” all you want, but maybe some of them are the reason why you, and others, can still play your “Hardcore-Inter-Gallactic-Mindgame” of matching colored beads with shiny effects and virtual cards… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I dunno about Candy Crush,but there is a reason its the most profitable mobile game in the world.They are doing something really right,if they can get 5 million+ dollar every single day right?
Edit:Candy Crush earned 1.6 million dollar just today,and its Iphone,United States only data,so i think you imagine the worldwide profit daily,they are swimming in money for years now…Maybe GoW devs should try to follow it more,if they want profit. :thinking:
Edit2:A little more search and data showed,that GoW never even reached the top 200 on the top grossing apps in terms of profit,so we should be grateful the game is still going with the amount of profit they can make.

shrugs
Bracket 1 GW is a bunch of repetitive matches against a handful of meta teams using a rather sparse number of viable troops. There is no grand amount of diversity in GW in the top couple of brackets.

Granted, the lower brackets get more diversity, but they get crap rewards.

Now, if someone wants to claim they want GW back every week because they prefer a mode that gives gems instead of sucking them all away, I can understand their argument. But, the claim that it is a far superior strategy mode than raids just doesn’t fly. This game has always been and always will be a glorified RNG heavy match-3 game with a subpar AI.

With that said, all 3 events can be tedious for different reasons.

7 Likes

I just don’t buy that a lot has changed.

A few short weeks ago, we were complaining about the repetitive meta in upper-tier GW. It may be true that “all cards are available in GW”, but it’s also very likely no one’s ever going to find a niche where Villager is in a Bracket 1 team. That the offensive bonus favors one color daily means the available troops and teams are further limited. That the defense knows this means their choices are limited. All of that combines to create a situation where there are a very limited number of teams.

That much may be true in Invasions/Raids, but it’s a different kind of flexibility. GW is a “build this color team or one good vs. that color” challenge. Raids/Invasions limit you to a kingdom or creature type. The only difference I see is now the limitation is mandatory, rather than “you lose some points”. I think that’s nicer. I sort of wish GW would enforce its colors, that would make it feel more in line.

But I’m not looking back at GW with fondness. The forums hated GW. Plenty of people threatened to quit (and did quit) over the devs’ perceived lack of attention to GW. The past two weeks are the first time I think I’ve seen anyone say anything good about GW. The forums seemed to feel it was repetitive, boring, and that cheating was rampant. Now we hate the other things, too. It never ends.

4 Likes

Dont worry,if they bring back GW every week,everyone will hate it again,its a common thing here,something happens,after a while everyone get bored of it,devs do something different,suddenly everyone wants the old thing,that almost everyone hated back then,rince and repeat.

2 Likes