Please no cosmetic pet event on vault weekend

There’s no “free weekends anymore”. So though I agree cosmetic pets shouldn’t happen during vault weekends. It can’t be requested that they never happen at all. Otherwise it’s unfair to those who requested the existence in the first place.
The free weekends were replaced by arena weekends.

1 Like

That makes sense. I guess I am asking that cosmetic pet days not happen (1) during Vault weekends, or (2) during Arena weekends. Both of those are events where guilds would conceivably be getting more pet rescues than typical, so slapping away 33% of those with a cosmetic pet rescue is not a good trade.

4 Likes

Originally 24 hour rescues never ran during bounty, raids, invasions, FA ect weekends… Is that still the case?

+1 ! Not only do I prefer it, I also love it. It encourages guild communication and teamwork. Oh and one other thing… let me think… something to do with a game… Ahh yes, it’s:

2 Likes

I think there’s a (weak) argument to be made for not having cosmetic pets on arena weekends. With more people playing arena, there will be more pet gnomes found there and that’s more pet rescues missed. But the rate of gnomes appearing is same as usual, so it’s not a “gnome event” the way the vault is.
Though… Probably a waste of effort to even think about it. I mean, is anyone actually playing arena events? :smirk:

Anyway, sidetrack. I don’t care about cosmetic pets on arena weekends enough to make a similar thread for it, whatever. But please, reconsider having them on vault weekends :pray:

@Kafka @Saltypatra any chance you could let us know if this issue is at least on your radar?

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, why would guilds be getting more per rescues during Arena events? I thought pet gnomes had been removed from Arena.

If I am not mistaken the Pet Gnomes is back in Arena now.

3 Likes

Oh I somehow missed this news, not gonna make Arena much more attractive for me, but it’s nice to have, thanks for the update.

1 Like

Nah you didnt miss it, a player reported it I think. No news threads about it.

2 Likes

Bumpidy bump

It would be too cruel to make this Saturday saving during The Vault event.

@Saltypatra @Kafka @Cyrup @Ozball @Sirrian @Nimhain please remove Saturday cosmetic pet saving on Nov 28.

4 Likes

I have all the non-cosmetic pets, but i still want my guild to benefit from the Vault events pet gnomes. Pet hunting is one of the best joys of GoW for me. Im here to second this post and agree that it would be too cruel.

1 Like

Its cruel to put pets down. Liberate the critters; let them flourish, how about a pet bonanza ; of course at a suitable GoW obscene gem price.

Just bumping.

2 Likes

Highlighting this this doesn’t all get lumped together with the whole general argument of “people that like Saturday cosmetic rescues” and “people that don’t”.

Please reschedule the Saturday cosmetics to weeks that does not coincide with a weekend Vault event (and preferably not a weekend Arena event either). This would be the best possible outcome for all parties involved, as having the rescue present on a Raid/Invasion/Faction would not detract from a significant portion of the draw those events just by existing as it does for Vault and arguably Arena events.

18 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up guys. I can all but guarantee devs won’t change the schedule.

Damn so knowing all of that, how do you keep playing this game?

1 Like

Gee, guess which two weekends are the ONLY weekends with pet events. Anyone?

Seeing things like this (along with some other things they did in the past) makes me think they are trying really hard to make us upset or angry.

And even though I can see players wanting cosmetic pets, the huge majority of players just still needs a lot of pets not just that 1 cosmetic pet.

It just feels like an insult to do a 24 hour pet during a vault weekend.

6 Likes

This is the laugh I stopped by the forums for. Doesn’t take long to find a reminder these days.

1 Like