Please Devs WAKE UP and do something!

Some of you weren’t around when this happened, but I’m sure others will still remember this. Sirrian wrote a post 2 years ago that still remains true.

A few points detailed here have changed since. Yes, I am still active, but now we also have @Cyrup and @Kafka to round out our team! We interact with you here, in support, and on our various social platforms.

And since I’m already here, I will address a few concerns.

1. Our DAU are not dropping.
  2. Our community and player base are continuing to grow.
  3. Gems of War has some of the highest retention rates seen in a F2P title, which has not changed.
  4. We are in the process of investigating PVP. If we choose to re work PVP, it will require the evaluation of a lot of working parts, and we always want to implement the most holistic long term solution possible. As such, it is not something we are comfortable rushing. When we have more to announce, we will do so.
  5. The main problem that players are experiencing is if you are a high-level player you will be earning less PVP Points/Gold/Rewards for your battles as the game currently considers that you are fighting battles which are easier for your skill level. While this isn’t necessarily always true, the team is aware of this problem and realises it’s frustrating to earn less when you have to fight more battles compared to another player. As mentioned earlier, this is something we are investigating. Unfortunately, it’s a large, complicated problem that affects the overall game design and balancing.
  6. We are active across all parts of the design process.
  7. We listen to feedback, but when it isn’t constructive or largely consists of yelling at the developers, we often choose to not respond.

I know that this doesn’t highlight an immediate solution, but it is the information I have available for you at this point in time. Please be aware that this is on our radar, and is something we are actively looking into.

9 Likes