Please Devs WAKE UP and do something!

If they change the point system they also need to change how the PVP works.

It’s not really fare that people with 9000 teams for example are playing 13,000 OP teams and not getting more points. As when the 13,000 teams play the 9,000 teams they beat them twice as fast and rarely lose any troops.

If they change it you should ONLY play people around the same team score as yourself. Get rid of this Tier 1,2,3 and make it all the same…

Then again people will only moan as they only like playing the easy battles, so doubt that will work.

Matter of opinion.

I spent enough on this game to get to VIP 6 when you could get Gems from LTs. I was rewarding generosity with generosity. I was having a ton of fun and felt motivated to play and in addition to bringing other people to the game, I showed support with money.

I’ve spent a grand total of $5 since that was removed, and that $5 was spent over 18 months ago.

505 closed the metaphorical wallet, so I did too, and I doubt I’m the only one.

Unfortunately the spending from the gobs of new players who picked up the game in the meantime, and who are already used to predatory cash-shop BS in other games, is telling 505 that everything they’re doing is correct.

No, but it’ll convince renters to move in and pay until they realize the extent of the problems, and then they’ll move on. If that ultimately turns out to be the bigger income stream…well, the writing’s on the wall. In paint.

4 Likes

Rojo being in a good guild is fake news

1 Like

You are most definately not the only one. I started playing this game 4 and a half years ago. In the first year of playing the game I spent some money to get me to VIP level 3. After that I spent $5 (about 9 months ago IIRC).

With the way things are developing in the game right now, I doubt many endgamers/veterans are still willing to spend money on the game. The problem here is that we (the engamers/veterans) are a very small (yet vocal) minority, so our lack of spending doesn’t really hurt the developers bottom line…

3 Likes

I do miss the “old days” when the game was much smaller and you could just tag @Sirrian and @Nimhain on the forums and get a quick and meaningful response on issues that were important to those players that were active on the forums… :frowning:

2 Likes

Maybe we should ask a very important question first. Something like “what is the weight of sirrian in chinchilla?” Then they will answer the less important question about pvp points

2 Likes

Ask your questions on Facebook or Twitter.
It seems that the forums are just for the players now.
Literally the opposite of the new years resolution to communicate more has happened. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Im pretty sure they won’t answer anyway because they don’t know what is the problem. I bet they don’t even have a end gamer account For the testing…

1 Like

Any dev can make whatever account they want to. Most choose not to.

1 Like

Omg we almost got a salty answer. Too bad she changed her mind…

1 Like

Maybe she lost connection? She may have been practicing for guild wars

Some of you weren’t around when this happened, but I’m sure others will still remember this. Sirrian wrote a post 2 years ago that still remains true.

A few points detailed here have changed since. Yes, I am still active, but now we also have @Cyrup and @Kafka to round out our team! We interact with you here, in support, and on our various social platforms.

And since I’m already here, I will address a few concerns.

1. Our DAU are not dropping.
  2. Our community and player base are continuing to grow.
  3. Gems of War has some of the highest retention rates seen in a F2P title, which has not changed.
  4. We are in the process of investigating PVP. If we choose to re work PVP, it will require the evaluation of a lot of working parts, and we always want to implement the most holistic long term solution possible. As such, it is not something we are comfortable rushing. When we have more to announce, we will do so.
  5. The main problem that players are experiencing is if you are a high-level player you will be earning less PVP Points/Gold/Rewards for your battles as the game currently considers that you are fighting battles which are easier for your skill level. While this isn’t necessarily always true, the team is aware of this problem and realises it’s frustrating to earn less when you have to fight more battles compared to another player. As mentioned earlier, this is something we are investigating. Unfortunately, it’s a large, complicated problem that affects the overall game design and balancing.
  6. We are active across all parts of the design process.
  7. We listen to feedback, but when it isn’t constructive or largely consists of yelling at the developers, we often choose to not respond.

I know that this doesn’t highlight an immediate solution, but it is the information I have available for you at this point in time. Please be aware that this is on our radar, and is something we are actively looking into.

9 Likes

Look it was a long post, leave me alone @Rickygervais and @HideInShadows . :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I think part of the problem for a lot of people here (including me) is that something did change with the last update, which was unmentioned, and did seem rushed/not thought-through, or not a holistic/long-term solution.

I, and I think others, would like:

1. An acknowledgement of the change that did occur
  2. Perhaps an explanation of the thoughts and reasoning behind it, given the usual inclination towards long-term, holistic solutions
  3. An indication of whether or not an acknowledgement of this change to PvP scores in 4.3 affects whether or not it can be addressed sooner than a potential complete PvP rework.
11 Likes

Sorry, to add more to this:

I think the talk about Sirrian( and Nimhain)'s previous activity on the forums was largely (perhaps not by a few) a reminiscence and afterthought around a potential misunderstanding of the problem by the Dev team, which I think you’ve addressed here (:+1:):

I don’t think Sirrian/Nimhain’s relative inactivity on the forums was the main thread of discussion, though, and warranted being the main item of a response, or warranted the relegation of concerns around PvP being a secondary part:

On to the actual concerns, I don’t think the first two points here were particularly mentioned above:

The third point is the interesting one, and while it’s something I’ve heard before, exploring its nuances a little further might be productive, I think.

This is a comparative statement, meaning it only has worth in context. Do F2P titles generally have good retention rates, in general? I have no idea – I could imagine potentially not, given how people talk about them. If not, however, that could easily make the statement worth less.

I also feel like it dances around the points made by above players – the amount of money spent by long-term players compared to newer players was brought up several times. I can understand this potentially being sensitive information, but I do think it was the more salient issue, and worthy of being addressed.

If I’m critical, it’s because I want things to be better :stuck_out_tongue:.

4 Likes

The point that I mentioned were touched on earlier in the thread, so I decided to reply to them all when I was able.

The inactivity of dev presence was mentioned several times, which is why I addressed it directly Unfortunately, it is not something that is going to change, and hasn’t changed in the last year and a half. This is largely due to the growing nature of our game and playerbase.

Retention across f2p games is an important metric, as it can directly impact the health of a game’s economy. I’m not willing to elaborate on this point further, as it would involve drawing from our private metrics that are not made available to the public. Unfortunately, we aren’t in a position to release this information, nor further data regarding the growth of our Daily Active Users.

Can’t dispute an argument based on data that isn’t public.
My data says otherwise about retention… But I guess time will tell.

1 Like

This whole point here is rather annoying to me, as I and many others know this information is kept private, and why.

Even so, it is a frustrating answer to get. I’m sure the game is growing and retention is high based on similar games as metrics, but clearly something is going on as it appears both claims in the playerbase is dying, but the game is growing both are true.

I’ve seen my fair share of retirees and the “endgamers” to replace them, are high level, most of their collection filled, but my cat could do GW on a level 100 account better than them. Even in the upper scale of players, it seems to be the case older, active players who were communicative and self aware are being essentially now filled out by people who are super high level but know little to nothing almost to spite us.

Sunk cost fallacy essentially snares many mid and endgamers, especially us active forum members. We’ve had people come back here and there or keep chugging along simply for how long they have been playing.

Without seeing these metrics, much of this is speculation, but as qualtity recruits dry up, forum miscommunication seems to be on the rise, and the game’s lifelong flaws are ever present, it feels like we get ignored or that there is a serious conversation needing to happen.

You wanna talk metrics, what the heck is gem value, mythic troop value, or traitstones value? Flash sales are nice here and there, but it does not excuse the base shop’s atrocities and the fact a mythic’s traits and levels are worth $35 at a discount.

4 Likes

My problem is just the less gold and PvP points. I used to nerfs and changes going unmentioned or only getting half the information and having to find out the bad stuff another way.

LT tasks got a slight nerf but they failed to mention gems were removed
Good news rare glory packs are only 200 glory now but the devs never mentioned that there is less troops in their now
Tributes were nerfed/fixed but only announced after people found out

It’s clearly obvious to anyone that plays PvP and has even half a brain that last update changed something. Before the update my maximum points were 52 but now I can get up to 70. 52 points was my average but now my average is 30ish while low level and people in guild not completing tasks are 70. Of course it wasn’t mentioned because endgamers got screwed again. Maybe we might get an announcement about it soon but I would only expect half the infomation with all the bad left out.

4 Likes

Just give me my PvP points and Gold back :sob:

1 Like