Please Devs WAKE UP and do something!

Just wanted to respond in solidarity with the comments posted about pvp system being poorly implemented. Some weeks I don’t even bother getting to Tier 1 because it’s just not worth the extra time to me.

2 Likes

I only see 3 possibilities.

1. It’s a bug with 4.3 and they’re working on fixing it. (In which case why not tell us?)

2. It’s an intended change in 4.3 (not mentioned in patch notes) and they won’t comment because they’re hoping we’ll just forget it and move on like we have with so many other issues.

3. It’s a bug with 4.3 but the devs are too stupid to see it even though we pointed it out several times, they think nothing changed in 4.3 and we are simply complaining about the same old pvp points system that has existed forever.

Literally happened to me last week. The Tier rewards aren’t worth it when you have to do double the work to get them.
Ohh a Myhtic ingot. I could get that and more by doing 1 run on level 500 delve that takes 10 minutes. Compared to 10 PvP matches that give me 300 points.

It’s not a bug. Just a decision that was made without properly thinking about the consequences.
Since mum is the word here. I got some answers from global about this.

The team score change was 100% intended. The issue is, none of the rest of PvP was changed to accommodate for it. The score/gold nerf has always been there for at least 2.5 years. The increase in power scores only widened the gap more.
They aren’t saying anything because they won’t be doing anything about it any time soon. Or they’re trying to figure out a solution for it.
I think they finally realized that saying something is wrong but doing nothing to fix it…(Like the All faction teams)… Is shitty. So now they think it’s better not to say anything at all.
A little bird told me that Sirrian agrees that the system now is completely unfair. Have I mentioned to anyone lately that 505 is the devil?
Because that could very well be why we hear crickets. The devs never throw 505 under the bus, but at the same time, they don’t fall on the grenade for them either.

Which is who’s fault now that we know it’s not a bug? I know I complained yearly about the PvP system before they made it worse. But most of the player base didn’t seem to care. So they nerfed us end gamers some more. And if most of the community still doesn’t seem to care. They’ll probably nerf it some more.
Keep in mind folks, pvp is a great way to get legendary tasks that hopefully give you the resources to get troops. 505 wants you to use gems to get troops and money to get gems.

4.3 has caused the biggest drop in daily player rates that I have ever witnessed. It’s staggering. People are getting sick and tired of being drained of time and resources just to keep up with the competition that GoW has insisted on creating. People like new content. Cool. People also like balance… Which frankly isn’t happening at all. Because no one on Infinity Plus 2 or 505 is worried about retention at all. My solution isn’t to decrease events. But instead rebalance the cost of what these events do to people’s time.

Want to see the community base and player base thriving again? Put gems back into legendary tasks. Even if it’s just 50-500 gems. Or whatever… Make it so players have something to work together for. Regardless of if they are in bracket 1 or finish top 5 in ToD.
Speaking of ToD… The gem rewards given for it… How can the devs not see what a joke they are? You keep giving the community less and less gems to work with. But then don’t understand why you’re losing players even with your new features.
This is because all the paint jobs in the world won’t fix a cracked foundation in your home.
@Sirrian…505 was right. Y’all were being too generous with free gems. But now all they see is the revenue increase and don’t care if you won’t have any players left in 2 years. There is a middle ground between revenue increase and player satisfaction. I believe you have the staff to find that middle ground. The only draw back to having a staff that cares so much about the players. Is when the staff isn’t allowed to do the things that they know will make the players happy. The plane is nose diving… Please convince 505 to let you pull it up to a point of stability. We’re counting on you.

1 Like

Its also pretty worrying that this is the opposite of “transparent” … we have no idea how this system works (other than “unfairly” and “badly” and so on). I’m around lvl 1300. There are people around 100 levels below me who are getting twice as many PVP points as I am. We don’t know what the cause of this is.

The failure to explain this means… what? They just don’t know? They don’t want to tell us because its totally stupid? I mean… I’d usually think that its so people don’t try to game the system, but some of us are too far gone to change things with our years-old accounts.

1 Like

Yes we do. Defense teams have lost their team score buff in 4.3

Not what I meant.

PVP points have been f@$%ed up for a long time. Not just this patch.

In the past lower lv players were getting a slight pvp point advantage which was fine imo. But since 4.3 it’s literally double. I just want it returned to how it was prior to 4.3.

I believe some of us do. Unless I’m misjudging the cause, discussing it would just pour a whole lot of oil on the fire though, it’s bound to cause a lot of unhappiness.

You mean being in a lower level guild?

Moving entire end-game guilds to brand new guilds could be a thing. While statue bonuses would be terrible for a while, and guild wars would be lame, it would get made up for by the amount of gold and LTs that would be earned…its a terrible idea, but it’s the only way to fight back against this garbage

1 Like

If they change the point system they also need to change how the PVP works.

It’s not really fare that people with 9000 teams for example are playing 13,000 OP teams and not getting more points. As when the 13,000 teams play the 9,000 teams they beat them twice as fast and rarely lose any troops.

If they change it you should ONLY play people around the same team score as yourself. Get rid of this Tier 1,2,3 and make it all the same…

Then again people will only moan as they only like playing the easy battles, so doubt that will work.

Matter of opinion.

I spent enough on this game to get to VIP 6 when you could get Gems from LTs. I was rewarding generosity with generosity. I was having a ton of fun and felt motivated to play and in addition to bringing other people to the game, I showed support with money.

I’ve spent a grand total of $5 since that was removed, and that $5 was spent over 18 months ago.

505 closed the metaphorical wallet, so I did too, and I doubt I’m the only one.

Unfortunately the spending from the gobs of new players who picked up the game in the meantime, and who are already used to predatory cash-shop BS in other games, is telling 505 that everything they’re doing is correct.

No, but it’ll convince renters to move in and pay until they realize the extent of the problems, and then they’ll move on. If that ultimately turns out to be the bigger income stream…well, the writing’s on the wall. In paint.

4 Likes

Rojo being in a good guild is fake news

1 Like

You are most definately not the only one. I started playing this game 4 and a half years ago. In the first year of playing the game I spent some money to get me to VIP level 3. After that I spent $5 (about 9 months ago IIRC).

With the way things are developing in the game right now, I doubt many endgamers/veterans are still willing to spend money on the game. The problem here is that we (the engamers/veterans) are a very small (yet vocal) minority, so our lack of spending doesn’t really hurt the developers bottom line…

3 Likes

I do miss the “old days” when the game was much smaller and you could just tag @Sirrian and @Nimhain on the forums and get a quick and meaningful response on issues that were important to those players that were active on the forums… :frowning:

2 Likes

Maybe we should ask a very important question first. Something like “what is the weight of sirrian in chinchilla?” Then they will answer the less important question about pvp points

2 Likes

Ask your questions on Facebook or Twitter.
It seems that the forums are just for the players now.
Literally the opposite of the new years resolution to communicate more has happened. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Im pretty sure they won’t answer anyway because they don’t know what is the problem. I bet they don’t even have a end gamer account For the testing…

1 Like

Any dev can make whatever account they want to. Most choose not to.

1 Like