Player-centric guilds - taking out the trash

Not being an ass here but it is becoming increasingly evident that you have absolutely no idea what goes into running a successful guild… Do you really think your “leaderless auto-guilds” would actually work? Heh… They would be drowning in mediocrity and full of noobs who play once or twice a week for about an hour total…

Ill tell ya what, start a guild of your own and run it the way you are suggesting and try to get to the top 100… Go ahead i’ll wait…

2 Likes

So after everyone pointed you all the things wrong with your suggestion, you are still too stubborn to realize anything. I’ll just go ahead and mute this topic.

4 Likes

Of course they would. Didn’t I point that out? For casual players or for those who just want to enjoy the game without the competition part, there wouldn’t be any problem. Would there? Or maybe guilds with the Very high requirements might actually could (depending on how demanding those reqs would be).
So they would with my first suggestion. Since guilds would only be as strong as their members then yes, those taking it easy would be in lower position than those trying hard.
For the rest who want the top, they would go the same way they used to.
Unless I had the wrong idea for this game and it’s sooooo competitive, with just me as someone who played for the fun of it, then yes my suggestions have no place.

Well like i said, give it a shot… Lemme know how it works out for ya

Your “challenge” of yours, brought to my attention another detail that I had forgotten.
So let’s talk about this “top 100”.
I will give you 2 examples. You may call them extreme but they can actually happen if people wanted to and it’s totally legal of course. Then I will ask some questions.

Example 1.
The 30 players with the most trophies and gold contribution decide to stick together by forming a new guild.

Example 2.
The current no.1 guild leader decides to kick every member, invite a lvl1 player who swears never to pvp and never to invite another player, promotes him to leader and leaves the guild.

In example 1, how many months will it take for them to reach 100?
Think that is fair? They are the top of the top. The best players.
If it is fair, care to explain why?

In example 2, how many months will it take for that guild to drop from top 100?
Think that is fair? Wouldn’t that hurt your guild, your progress, what you are competing about?

Isn’t the current system flawed by stacking all the stats on the guilds, hence making the what you call top 100 an actual history’s top 100 but not representing almost anything current?

Ok… It is evident that you are set in these ludicrous beliefs and are unable or unwilling to see any viewpoint other than your own by submitting an obviously ridiculous scenario to illustrate a flawed reformation plan so…

3 Likes

Can’t believe this thread is still active. Guess I’ll finally comment since it’s not dying:

When a player leaves a guild you don’t expect them to give back all the stuff they received from the guild, so expecting the reverse doesn’t make sense. Players get player stats, guilds get guild stats. Players are not guilds.

As for the current in-game leaderboard being flawed, it is, but that doesn’t make your suggestion the right solution.

Sorry that you picked a bad guild before, hope you’ve learned from it and do better in the future.

1 Like

When you put your money in the bank you get interest.
When you close your account, do you return that interest?
It’s all about how you see the guild.
Obviously most think of it as building an immovable castle that it’s king can do what he wants. However that castle should only get stronger somehow even if only one person is left to defend it. Good for them.
To me it’s a shared bank account. All cheap in, reap the interest and leave whenever each one wants.

Ridiculous yes. I stated that. What you didn’t realize even with that extreme example (or you did and that’s why you avoided my questions) is that this happens CONTINUALLY. Every single battle you or your guild mates give is not just against the other guild members. It’s also against all the other guilds’ entire history.
Have the stats on players and voila. A real top 100 1000 or whatever, refreshed as often as possible or desirable.

Depends, is it my personal account or does it belong to a different entity?

You’re right, it is about how you see it. You seem to be looking at guild’s as a single player’s personal fiefdom. I view it more as a community group, many can donate and reap advantages, but when they choose to leave the group stays for the benefit of the remaining members. Guilds are about groups of players, not about individuals, so trying to make them more individualistic seems to be against their very nature.

1 Like

You’re right I didn’t quite phrased that properly. I think you got what was I talking about but I’ll explain it better.
It’s like someone opens a bank account with multiple people as co-owners? don’t know the English word but make a deal that they all share the interest equally. Then instead of closing the account as I mistakenly said earlier, he redraws his initial amount.

And I agree. Guilds are permanent “parties” like in mmos. And parties were never about the party but about the people and their interactions. Not the party itself (you could do mostly the same activities even without forming a party). I know I know. I’m getting back to what we both agreed earlier. It’s how we see it.

My final recommendation/suggestion is to at least add seasons for the ranking system.
Even if you disagree with my previous recommendations I think that you wouldn’t disagree with this one.
By adding a season reset, the history of the guild won’t matter when it comes to ranking and that’s fair for every guild and how other games do it too.

Now I want tokens…

When you put your money in an account, the bank also makes interest from your money. When you close your account, does the bank give you back the interest they made?

1 Like

Good point. My analogy wasn’t perfect. A guild is maybe a free or pay once have forever money printing machine then? That’s more fitting I guess. Players put the paper and the ink and the tool makes the money.
Would the machine take a cut? Point is the guild doesn’t do anything by itself. So why would it need getting “stronger” and “stronger” while it could be the players that actually get the buff?

Our guild exchanges tokens for beer, which is a much better system than what is proposed here.

3 Likes

Beer? Can i join? I LOVE BEER! :beer::beers::beer::beers::beer:

4 Likes

You guys also doing this? We got a special prize in our guild, if someone get perfect week score in GW, he get 1 week of free beer :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@Rickygervais

6 Likes

you imagine to transfer all the past gold donated to player points and remove them from the guild when implementing those changes?

i dont think so. all old members cannot be tranced anymore and it wouldnt be fair to give points only partially so they will be treat like all donated to guild and players will start with 0, so nope:

all current active guilds and old inactive guilds will have the power. starting a new guild will just become even harder then it already is

plus i disagree that whole power should be transfered to the players. a guild itself should grow and it shouldnt be so easily destroyable.

if all the power went to players enough if 2 or 3 players leave, it may completely not be a fault of guild leader - it could be that 1 players got in fight for the stupidest reason with an x member or whatever, and steal the other members - and then the whole guild can loose so many statue levels that another 2/3 of members will leave too and then what? guild leader should start anew? are you kidding me?

generally ppl would steal each other members in the high level guilds since members would be worth so much more, im not looking forward to such toxicity

i think you are underestimating the work of guild masters, its a systematic hard work and all they get in return is the ensurance that rules are set their way at the time (which is not much reward since all the members supposedly dont mind those rules as well)

out of all the games i played, gow has the best guild system regarding players benefit from it, guild masters basically get no extra reward whatsoever and you want to basically punish countless guild masters for no reason

1 Like

Whiskey all the way!