Player-centric guilds - taking out the trash

@Rickygervais u so silly lololololol

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! I am so just learning all this and it can be a bit overwhelming. I am really trying to absorb the instructions and outs of the game and how ranking my kingdoms affects my play. Im finding out that ranking them is a double edge sword at times. Most guilds want high dollar gold to participate however to get there we need to rank up kingdoms and it’s definitely a catch 22. Right now I want to change guilds and even looked at starting my own, my biggest fear at this point is my gold contribution lol I know the guilds who are higher ranked demand much more than my current kingdoms are dishing out. It’s kind of the definition of insanity " repeating the same behaviour and expecting a different outcome". I know my current guild are people I know however just not producing but on the other hand they realize my dilemma of being a new player. Frustrating to say the least. I just wished it was a more even game play in regards to glory and Traitstones for runic and Arcane. Sorry such a long reply lol I am a little passionate today.

1 Like

We can probably help with whatever questions you may have. In the interest of keeping this thread on its rails, however, I would ask you to create new threads or find other active threads with compatible topics to continue these unrelated discussions.

3 Likes

The name is obscured with asterisks. I just forgot to change them again with the blank that I used later.
Made many changes again and again so yeah missed that.

I don’t understand what you mean. Glory you earn from pvping. Keys you get from luck in matches. Gems from guild?
You mean the guild task rewards? Well the players pay for them to complete. The guild in that case is just the “central bank”. The players all pay and share the spoils. So why should a player leaving have to return anything from that?
Just for using that “service”?

Reading that guild chat I can agree with the OP that the leader was kinda nasty about leading. Basically stick instead of carrot.

I would say that one thing that DOESN’T exist is the ability to actually lead with a carrot. Other than promoting people there is little a GL can do to reward a player which is why we might see more ‘angry, mean, bitchy’ guild leaders because it is really the only way GoW gives to govern, the ban stick to banish people from guild.

I do like there being some kind of cumulative stat, however, that shows what kind of a guild person you are in terms of dumping resources into a guild. If I’m level 1100 and my cumulative lifetime contribution is something like 10k trophies and 2 million gold, you know either I as in a really low level guild with no reqs or that I’m super stingy. But if I have 100k trophies and 20 million gold contributed over lifetime you know I might be a good fit for your guild.

4 Likes

I had no problem with that. The problem was that suddenly required minimums weren’t enough.
Kicks started happening for abstract reasons. I was kicked too today so I wouldn’t get the weekly prizes from GW. No disagreeing allowed. Was expecting it though to tell the truth.

My whole proposal was to prevent these rare occasions that stuff like this happen.
A good and fair guild leader would have nothing to fear/lose since the player base wouldn’t have any reason to move, as it didn’t for all the time they remained there.

i don’t like how your suggestion have the potential to punish all members of all guilds in this whole game. this look more like a vent for your disagreement with your former guild leader. you have the choice to be in any other guild suited your capability.

if the guild leader has unwelcoming attitude, there will come time where disagreeing members leave. maybe until the guild is crippled. or maybe it will be filled with like-minded people. it is the nature of guild.

the guild leader gain as much as every other members, perhaps with more responsibilities.

on more important note, with current pvp matchmaking system. this solution will open path of heavy exploitation of the reward system. can’t say it was abuse if the system was there to allow it.

Sorry didn’t mean to go off topic. I was just replying to Vangor for the welcome. Next time I’ll look through all the threads to be thread appropriate.

Youre all good it was me who kinda went off the rails

that still wouldnt solve the issue, in the opposition it would allow guild leaders to harass members by putting “surrender your guild tokens” in their weekly requirement causing havoc all over.
i think such option should never be possible

but i do see some justification in your reasoning, maybe 1/4 of the tokens could stay with the player while they generate them and the remaining 3/4 of then would be automatically donated to the guild while at it, this way guild would grow like in past but player could still keep a little for themselves

or a rate of auto-donating tokens could depend on a guild settings so you would know what you are signing for

Sounds like a case of a guild leader having poor communication skills. Sorry it happened to you, OP, but at least now you’re free to find a guild that treats its players better.

I get where you’re coming from with your suggestions. But I think they would make things worse and not really fix what you hope to fix. There will always be players who don’t treat others fairly and you can’t stop that. Best you can hope for is for bad guild leaders to reveal themselves early so people know what they’re getting into and leave if they don’t like it.

For your suggestions, I don’t like the idea of a player being able to take away bits of the guild when leaving. I can imagine scenarios where a group of members would band together and threaten to leave unless their demands (eg. requirements change) were met. I also don’t like the idea of having established players have an advantage for joining other guilds / creating their own. It would mean older players would always have better odds of being recruited, because they would bring more with them. And a guild created by an older player would immediately have an upper edge on a guild created by a newer player. Which is already the case, older players will likely have more developed kingdoms and be able to contribute more gold, but this would make things even worse.

I do like this part though:

That might be cool, like a player resume of previous job performance :smiley:

2 Likes

Luckily the first guild I joined was awesome and I have never had any problems like this.

I don’t like the idea of a person being able to leave and take their contributions with them, but I do think there should potentially be a penalty for kicking a person who has contributed a lot from your Guild.

I would suggest something simple like:
Donation of X gold is worth 1 experience point from every statue.
If a person is kicked from a guild (and only if they are kicked), they are given the option to take those statue experience points with them to their next guild, or leave them.

Until the person kicked decides to take their points with them, the points would remain in the guild (so there would be no penalty for kicking someone who has stopped playing)

So someone stops playing - doesnt leave - just stops playing -and the guild they abandoned should be penalised?

Because the guild would be unless you think support should remove them.

Everyone stops playing sooner or later - non activiity - or the weekly check in for goodies but nothing else. Penalise everyone playing for not playing?

Seriously?

3 Likes

Yes seriously. And before you had gone all dramatic you could have found that question answered already.

Everyone keeps saying the guild gets penalized, the players will be punished…
Nothing like that will happen. The guild will simply return to how it was before the player had joined.
Let’s say I join a guild which has 20 members and is at a level 400 (arbitrary number). By me joining the guild goes to 420 level. 5 more people join and it reaches 535. Then I leave. Will the guild be penalized? Will the players suffer from the oh so horrible -20? And then another player joins and the guild gains 22 points.

With my suggestion all this doesn’t even matter past a point since there is a cap at the levels in which guild statuses give stats.

That would be impossible to happen cause players would have the power. Not the guild leader. How do you threat someone that has the power? Give me your power and make my guild stronger or I’ll kick you and lose all your power anyway?

And what a horrible scenario that is. Democracy. Oh my dear Lord how didn’t I think of that? Even if that group was unreasonable, guild leader could still kick them.
Then it would “suffer” a stats drop, recruit or let new members autojoin and it will go back to how it was stats-wise more or less.

This wouldn’t create chaos. Players wouldn’t leave guilds in droves as they don’t leave right now.
If they are happy where they are they will remain there. If they believe that they should go somewhere better they would go. Same as with the current system.

Someone stops playing the game and becomes inactive and is removed, and the guild is penalised.

The person who stopped playing doesnt necesarily want their contributions removed but they are anyway because thats the outcome of your idea.

If you can get support to remove people from guilds who become inactive so the guild is not penalised then your idea at least gets past go, because simply stopping playing should not impact on other people still playing.

I’m sorry you think that this point is dramatic. Maybe asking the inactive what they want to be done with their past contribution would solve the problem?

Because stopping is not the same as a planned exit, its just stopping.

Like I said (again) to the post right above yours. They could implement a simple button on the guild “screen” titled “Donate tokens to guild”. That way all tokens are removed from the player and now belong to the guild for ever. Then the player could stop playing/uninstall/delete account/whatever without any consequences for the guild.

After some consideration the donation function could be exploited with dummy accounts, so guilds could technically get higher than they should be. So I am not so sure if a donation function should exist after all. If the stats given by the guardians remain caped then there is no real issue. If they aren’t, then no donation button :stuck_out_tongue:
Even without that, the guild wouldn’t be punished cause once they get a similar level player, they are back to where they used to be.

I just don’t see that the pros outweigh the cons of your idea.

Given the choice between the current system and your proposal, I would choose the current system 100% of the time. For reference, I am not a guildleader nor do I ever intend to be one.

Your solution is much more complicated, requires much more data to be tracked and displayed and creates much more stress for guildleaders who already invest more time into this game than other players for the benefit of their guild. The inconsistency with how other games work would also make it harder to understand for new players. I’m not seeing any advantages of your proposal that come close to equating to these negatives.

5 Likes

Very much +1000 to this

You have ignored this point twice. In order for you to advance your unbalanced idea you need to provide a solution.
People just stop, and never return. How do the guild members still playing not get penalised by players abandoning the game?

2 Likes

Oh poor servers, no one is thinking about them…

You mean show the tokens number at the roster screen next to the trophies? Yeah that’s some serious cluster.

Well here is the thing. No one forced them too. This keeps coming again and again as an argument but the truth is that no one asked them too. They do it cause they want to. Cause they want to play the game this way. Either cause they enjoy it like that, or because it boosts their ego with how well their guild is doing, or because they don’t want anyone telling them what they do, while they are the ones doing the telling. So why the special “treatment”? Don’t the rest of us also play the game the way we want to?

And truth be told, are guild leaders even necessary?
What if I told you that they are not. Even with the current system one could set the requirements he/she wants for the guild. People will autojoin through the search guild function. Once every Sunday all he has to do is check who met the requirements and who didn’t. Kick those that didn’t, keep the rest. It won’t take THAT long to make a full guild while on autopilot.
If you’re a hardcore, dedicated, top tier player, then go ahead and scout for players, bribe and steal from other guilds and invest as much time as you want. But again that is your way of playing.

Here is another suggestion/recommendation. Instead of the search for guild function that is practically meaningless (organized/friendly/competitive like a friendly guild can’t be organized or any other combo) there is now a None/Very low/Low/Medium/High/Very high requirements guild.
You chose whatever category you find suitable for you and the game places you in the first guild with an empty space that matches the requirements. The minimum reqs are fixed numbers. If all are full then it autocreates one for you. No guild leader. People not meeting the minimums are autokicked (without penalties so they can rejoin another guild even at the same day, or maybe with penalties if it happens frequently). Even a vote kick system could be implemented and a vote to upgrade guild into the next tier of minimum reqs.
Think a guild leader would still be a must?
And as for everyone else that wants to have everything under their control, or be with their friends, or finds the minimum reqs not to their liking, or aim for the top, there will still be the Create guild function just like before.