Pet rescue difficulty?

Hi!

I can understand that we need to have chalenge in a game, also the highest player need to have fun too, but there’s a thin line between difficult and ridiculous…if you expect to motivate your players with over difficult stage with unbalanced teams (that the players cannot even have one day himself) you will never reach your goal! You guys have the audacity to even show me a page just after been destroy by your overbalanced mob with the options to spend 50$ for ingame packages that wont have any immediate impact on my game play!!!

You and many other players will probably reply me by saying I can go play a easier game if I dont like this one…and at the end of the day, that will be so true…there’s so many games out there, so many choices and options, if your are (pissing off) your actual players they will go play something else!

thank you for your time!

2 Likes

While looking you will probably eventually learn that most games come with some kind of progression scheme built in. You can’t immediately play the final mission in GTA V, you can’t immediately go beat the end boss in Diablo 3, you even can’t immediately disarm the last mine in Minesweeper without handling the others first.

Gems of War is similar, you can’t steamroll through all Pet Rescue stages with the single untraited level 1 Goblin you get handed as part of the tutorial, you need to build up your strength. This game is quite intentionally not handing you all content available on a silver platter just for creating an account, you’ll need months to get there. I’m quite convinced that’s what actually keeps most players playing this game, Paper/Scissor/Rock tends to have rather limited entertainment value.

8 Likes

The Pet Rescue thread had many teams that are accessible from moderately low levels that can finish most of the Pet Rescue challenges. (I find Goblins and Stryx to be the most punishing to low-level teams.) For the most part, you’re going to need at least one traited legendary.

Not all content is available to low-level players right out of the gate. Dungeons are also challenging for newer players, and a good step along the way to Pet Rescues.

But even so, odds are you can make it 4-5 rounds into the Pet Rescue which has a fairly solid chance of awarding you a pet anyway. Not always, but it’s nice that there is a tiny bone thrown to players who are too new.

thank you for your reply, I’m actually level 330 and I believed have a few strong teams (for exemple a dragon team that I used most of the time), and I’m the type of player to maximised my team. That been said, there’s still a line where I can go through most of the game and when I hit a serious wall against a way to strong and over power opponent!

To answer your first comments, I’m a gamer for at least 20 years, played a lot of different games and I know how to recognize a challenge and how to go through it. Be sure that I’m not the one to post comments in a forum if I dont strongly feel there’s a issue that will overcome the pleasure of the game!

Since we are both stranger, its normal you are unaware of my style of play and experiences in this matters!

Again thank you for your comments!

1 Like

Well as a new player of rank 107 I can say that the pet rescue is pointless and demoralizing as I can’t even beat the third team, especially when they are a bunch of goblin specials nearly twice the level of my team members. The reward so far? 1500 gold.
I’ve looked at the forums about this and there are lots of recommendations about looping teams, which are also pointless when new players don’t have the majority of the units that are talked about. At least for the bounty missions I could beat the first handful.
I’m not expecting an easy run when I’m very new, but this is not how you encourage new players. Much like the first time playing the dungeon level and getting annihiliated within a few rounds it just makes me want to give up and delete the game.

1 Like

Do you have Tesla?

Alchemist Hellcat Goblin rocket Goblin Rocket can be a pretty effective low level loop team.

Do you have any legendary troop?

You said you use a dragon team, don’t know if you have Elemaugrim but…

Hero with Dragon Guard class & Dragonator weapon
The Dragon Soul
Krystenax
Elemaugrim

is the team I use to complete rescue events and haven’t lost 1 so far.
But if you don’t have max. kingdom & guild bonuses, it’s pretty tough.
Or even looping teams with mab/valkyrie to make sure you never hand over a turn.
But then again, I don’t know which troops you have.

If that’s addressed to me, then no, I don’t have hellcat, and certainly no legendaries. I have a basic goblin team (bugbear, goblin, goblin rocket, goblin shaman) but it isn’t strong enough to do anything but have fun with in region challenges.

Oh ok sorry.

Maybe Dwarven Gate Valkyrie Rowane Azura

Thanks for the suggestion, but don’t have rowane or azura. I appreciate the help though.

Those two troops can be obtained by completing the quests for Forest of Thorns and Merlantis, and they are very good troops.

4 Likes

We can easily say that those(Azura & Rowanne) are among the best Epic troops in the game, if not the best.

4 Likes

You just have to finish Merlantis and Forest of thorns questline to get those epics

Thanks for the advice guys - I will do.

that sounds very funny, since i’m a level 170 kid and battle 4 is already very hard. in other words a dumb puzzle game will cost more time to beat then a gta game. to say i need to be level 1000 to be able to beat all 8 battles then i can’t take you serious.

kids that don’t spend money they should be grinding, people that spend enough money should get things a lot easier, because it’s about those supporting players and the way most free to play games are build???

1 Like

If your complaint is “I’m a brand new player and high-end content is hard”, then…I mean…yes. Yes it is. Level up more, collect / level / trait more units, and you’ll get there. For me, blowing through all pet battles is trivially easy - you’ll get there eventually! Just keep at it.

3 Likes

There is nothing to “beat” in GoW except the kingdom quest lines, and you can get those done well before reaching level 100. Everything else is about slowly getting stronger, while collecting more or less useful things you might care about. There’s no finishing line cross, no “congratulations, you killed the big boss, watch the credits and uninstall” screen, you just keep going and going as long as you like. A lot of players around here have well over 1000 hours booked, GTA doesn’t even remotely get close.

Pet rescue is a measurement bar for how strong you already are and how well you can handle the tools at your disposal. Some reliably complete all stages at level 100, others don’t well past level 1000. It’s a recurring activity, so you get to retry it over and over again in case you like the challenge. Key word being challenge, it’s not supposed to auto complete just by staring at the screen.

Which means you are already getting half of the progression rewards, that doesn’t sound too shabby. Keep improving, eventually you’ll find battle 4 easy.

3 Likes

Let’s be objective.

F2P games are gambling machines. They rely on addictive psychology to present challenges that urge you to spend irresponsible amounts of money to save irresponsible amounts of time. They are slot machines that never actually pay out real content. Anything you get in any F2P game is ephemeral, will disappear when the game is over, and will never impress anyone. The only smart time or money to spend on them is time or money you want to spend on temporary, entertaining things.

The addictive psychology means progress is slow and even more tedious. Spending money is supposed to represent overcoming increasingly strong obstacles for making increasingly incremental progress. For example, in a Candy Crush style game, spending $10 on boosters might be sufficient to make it past the first 100 levels with frugal play. But that same amount of boosters might only last through the next 50 levels, and after that only the next 25 levels, and so on. The point is to train you on “money helps me progress” early when it’s very true so later, when it’s not true, you don’t notice.

GoW makes some accidentally ethical choices by putting the extremely tedious stuff right there in the front. Until you have TDS, Infernus, Ishbaala, and about a dozen other legendary/mythic troops I can rattle off you cannot participate in events like pet rescue at a high level. It’s also more frustrating to do PvP, Raids, Invasions, Bounties, Dungeons… everything but Arena and Treasure Hunt are made to be exceptionally frustrating until you are endgame.

When you get there, your “reward” is you get to use the same 3 or 4 teams to beat the same challenges over and over again for meager rewards that slowly add up to more progress. Exciting? Hell no. But every other game in this vein uses sigil systems that mean sometimes you’ve got a smoke/bathroom break and can’t play.

I say that’s ethical because it very clearly advertises its tedium before you’ve sunk much into it, which is when it’s easiest to fight the gambler’s addiction. They warn you to get off the boat well before any “fun” is to be had.

It’s very clear that almost every dumb puzzle game available in our modern age aims to take far more time to beat than an open-world game like GTA. It also expects you to spend $1000+ to get there. “Normal” games only expect you to spend about $60 for your hour of content, but then they also want you to sit down and play 30 minutes or more at a time. A Switch can serve you Skyrim for much cheaper than VIP 10. A 3DS can deliver Pokemon for cheaper than VIP 5. A laptop can play Ultima IV for free. These are games that offer very reasonable progression at a quick pace.

So if you’re frustrated, great. Follow through and delete the game. You aren’t going to find many sympathetic ears here other than a handful of other people who, like you, are miserable but won’t actually jump off the train. The rest of the people on the forums are well aware of everything you’ve complained about, but we feel like for whatever reason the fun we get from playing the game is worth it. Or we have some faith that something around the corner is going to be better. Or we’ve just decided that, out of all the potential time-wasters we could put on our phone, this is the least offensive one.

For real. Don’t play games that make you angry. There are too many games to play. I’m not saying “don’t complain”, but in this case the things you’re declaring wrong with GoW are how F2P puzzle games are implemented.

1 Like

I have said the same thing and sent the developers some feedback on the issue. I have several friends that wanted to play the game for the pets, they’re the same people that play games like WOW and ESO for the pet/mount collecting moreso than other aspects. I have introduced a couple of people to the game and they wanted to play for the pets, but didn’t like the chance as a new player, they had practically zero chance of acquiring them.

As it stands, the pet rescue for from Battle 1 (just stating an example from my most recent match) of fighting troops that are Common, Rare and Ultra-Rare to Battle 2 being a full team of Mythics. While I don’t expect to (and especially don’t expect brand new players) to beat all 8 battles, why not ramp up the fights through the battles more? Start with a mix as I stated earlier, Battle 2 then introduce some Epics, Battle 3 introduce Legendary and Battles 4 - 8 contain the Mythics?

That way you are giving the newer players a “chance”, though small as it is now, to get their pets from the reward baskets for the battles they can complete. This at least throws them a bone and keeps them interested in the game instead of frustrating them and turning them off.

gambling yes, but i do think those people who not spend money should having a much harder time then those who do spend money and support the makers.