Pet rescue Battle Menu not updating - so extra fights possible

Platform, device version and operating system:
Mobile, Android
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Pet rescue to stop after 8 battles. (See screenshot 10/8 battles completed)
Pet rescue battle progress screen was not updating so it looks like I did 10 pet rescue battles in a row
Not sure if this impacted rewards or not, so screenshot of them is included as well

The screen did not seem to progress, but if you toggle out to another menu screen and back it does seem to update correctly

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Just noticed it today when ironically I was not paying much attention to the overall pet rescue progress, so I dont know

Steps to make it happen again
I guess just don’t move from the battle progress screen to another menu screen

2 Likes

This bug has been known for a long time.
I have made a comprehensive list about this issue.

Let’s be clear here, this issue is not only affecting the Pet Rescue Event, but all the others as well.
Of course, you can get much more battles when this bug is triggered, but I usually just exit the game to avoid any issues.

I noticed that it also helps if you completely disable the Chat, and exit it.
I think that this is somehow connected to this issue at hand.

If the battle rewards are capped at 8, then its a visual bug with a chance to do extra battles (no big deal)
If battle rewards are not capped at 8, then in theory you could do a ton of extra pet rescue battles in the hour (or 24 hours) to get lots of extra rewards.

It would seem more likely to be the first since with 10/8 battles there were 2 reward pets
So probably not a big deal overall