Perfect Guild War Day

tbh its not my suggestion, I read it recently in another thread. Im not sure the devs will add this feature, I think Sirrian or Nimhain said they will work on something different to remove eventual sisters guild problem. I dont remember what it was.
Its too bad if they dont add this feature with hidden guilds. That looked like a very simple and efficient method.

The problem is that others have also expressed concerns over implementing guild-blind defense choosing because it’s a valid & relevant strategy to pile up your best defenses against the perceived biggest threat guilds, deny them points. Why waste your best defenses on the worst guilds in your bracket that you’d beat regardless of the defense you set for them?

While some defenses are color specific for their effectiveness, many are color neutral and work almost equally regardless of color being set against.

In short, you deny guilds the freedom to strategize to the best of their ability to prevent a problem that as of yet except in one very specific case hasn’t even been proven to exist beyond the imaginations of some people paranoid that everyone out there must be cheating.

5 Likes

The idea that you don’t see which guild you are facing till after you set your defence is ridiculous.

The whole POINT of guild wars is to try and defeat the best teams with tactical use of your troops.

1 Like

Thieves and Unforgiven are biggest rivals so Thieves put their best defense against Unforgiven and Unforgiven do the same against Thieves. Conclusion: both guilds deny points to the other. With other system, both guilds would deny points to the other by using a strong defense team based on the colour of the day. So it wont change anything about points scored by the 2 guilds when they face eachother. But with hidden guilds system, the risk of cheat is totally removed which is what we all should hope, no?
We can wish for a system that remove any possible cheats even if no cheats ever happened before.

To set up 6 defense teams based on colour of the day and not based on guilds name is no big deal and can give also interesting challenges to find such teams.

Sorry, but this is where you’re wrong. I have 1 defense that tends to do well regardless of the day’s color. I have 2 or 3 that do exceptionally well against specific colors. I set the color specific teams to correspond with those colors they do well against. Then I look at the guild(s) I feel are the most threat to our ranking and set the hardest defense(s) left against them in the hope to reduce their points more.

In a guild-blind system I’m blindly setting my best defenses based on color, which doesn’t even come into consideration for me and I now run the risk that my best defense was set against the guild entering the bracket from 2 brackets below and may already be out of their league rather than the one entering from 2 brackets above us who likely is more efficient & experienced. There ARE other considerations besides color when it comes to setting defenses and taking those choices out of our hands cheapens GW even further.

People already complain about RNG enough and you want to add yet one more level of RNG into the mix??? No thank you. If I win or lose I want it to be more about the choices I made, not those I have no control over.

1 Like

I also use strong defenses that are not based on a specific colour. tbh I dont even use 1 defense that is truly based on the colour of the day! … and I will have to change that. What a big deal lol

CHEATERS!!!

Lol joking good luck and Happy new year everyone

1 Like

Happy New Year to you all.

2 Likes

Very close fight guys nice way to finish the year

cheers!

1 Like

Yep, it is a fun challenge.