[PASSED ON] Rock Squid clunky spell

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, but pretty sure this happens on all devices.

Screenshot or image:
2021_04_04_13_20_43_1

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Rock Squid removes gems of the most used enemy color. In the team I am fighting, there is a tie between blue and green.

In the case of a tie, the color chosen is random. Notice how when I click on Rock Squid, it says bonus +22 (it rolled on blue). I click off him, then click on him again, and the bonus is now +8 (it rolled on green) So the roll happens on clicking my troop, before comitting to the spellcast.

This is clunky.

If I want to cast with a specific color, I just keep clicking the troop and off the troop over and over again until it rolls on to the color I want. It doesn’t even alternate each click; I once got the same bonus ten times in a row.

It also isn’t clear which color it rolled on. It doesn’t say anywhere the +22 is from blue. This is different from other troops which get a bonus from number of gems. For example, here is Phoenicia:

Solution:

1. In the event of a tie, allow the user to select from the tied colors.

2. Display how many gems there are of the most used enemy color(s) and what those color(s) are.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time since Dripping Caverns was released.

Steps to make it happen again
Enter a fight with Rock Squid.

13 Likes

Adding that Cloakmantle has the same problem as Rock Squid. But, Cloakmantle doesn’t have a bonus multiplier so it is even less clear which color was rolled on.

3 Likes

Are you sure it’s handled this way? I haven’t tested myself, I suspect the random roll actually happens again with possibly a different result when you cast the spell, the bonus display is just for show.

1 Like

Ahhh. I have not tested that. I will let the paid devs handle that one.