Oversight of Campaign Tasks

That would be work that requires human attention and thought to be put into it.

Like I already did for them? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh my. Switch just received Nexus so you’d think all the lessons from the PC version would be learned, right?

Well, looks like our two Gold Tasks this week are both “Elemental Slayer” (kill 44 Elemental enemies). Given this is part of the 5-week release window for a new Kingdom replete with Elemental troops it’s not a problem per se, but… still, dupes are dupes.

And speaking of duplicate tasks, I also saw:

• “Brown Slayer” - Silver task #3 and #4
  • “Dominator” - Bronze task #1 and #9
3 Likes

A wasted effort, nobody on dev side will read it, let alone act on it. They didn’t even bother spending a few minutes to fix the broken tasks when the community sent them a list a day ahead. Once might be an accident, twice might be incompetence, three times in a row is intentional. They don’t give a duck (PG) about this issue, no matter what the community manager team claims.

2 Likes

Yeah, beta testers getting these tasks 24 hours early doesn’t help when all of those 24 hours are out-of-office time – weekend and/or nighttime – for the devs.

Can we also suggest yet again: consider moving the rollover time so that daily/weekly rollovers occur during the devs’ daytime work hours, so that there’s time to do quick fixups of misconfigurations reported from beta before events go live to production?

Like: I’m in PST and it’s nice that the rollover is at midnight for me, but I’d happily trade that for a different rollover time with fewer zero-day bugs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nope, they had a full work day to correct it, weekly reset is Monday evening in Australia. They didn’t lift a finger, even after we were told this this time special care would be taken to not have the whole task mess repeated yet again. This was intentionally not acted on.

4 Likes

oh, I’m off by a day! never mind then.

Not sure it’s quite that simple … if it would result in fewer zero-day bugs overall I’d rather see them allow a full week of beta testing before it goes live.

1 Like

See, but that would involve reading and thinking about it. That’s also work. :wink:

2 Likes

Pretty long time ago there was a task every week explore Adana L forgotten KD if I remember it good…
They could do so much more with the campaign tasks if you just look at the campaign tasks is GoW a very boring game!
While the most of us know that there is so much to do in game, pity they dont want to take more time or being more creative in this :frowning:

The same is true of the campaign’s weekly events, which could have had much more varied and fun conditions but which have fallen into a lazy pattern of “let the RNG spit out yet another permutation.”

I think Gnome-a-Palooza is the only recent release that took a swing at delivering something wild and imaginative? and I’d like to see more like that in preference to the recent run of “have 'em grind for it” events.

3 Likes

There is really no excuse why this hasn’t been fixed. RNG task selection is clearly unfit for purpose so just do it manually to remove repetition. If you still crave a random aspect then let RNG randomise the order for gold silver and bronze tasks. Other than that, a little ‘housekeeping’ to change class to the appropriate type for next weeks campaign, and kingdom team plus troop type to kill should suffice. Not all RNG is good, some of it is just stupid and this is a brilliant example. I don’t even bother grinding campaign on day 1 of wars week anymore cos i simply can’t be bothered with yet more mindless repetition.

Not so much as they’re just using the wrong method of picking RNG tasks. Instead of using the “dice roll” approach:
1 - Randomly generate a list of 16 tasks (2 Gold, 4 Silver, 10 Bronze).
2 - Check for duplicate tasks and re-roll them as needed*
(* - there is necessarily some limit to how many re-rolls the function will perform)

They should be using the “deck of cards” approach:
1 - Generate a SINGLE list of all possible (unique) campaign tasks
2 - Shuffle the list in any order
3 - First 2 tasks are Gold rank, next 4 are Silver rank, next 10 are Bronze rank.

It’s like how original Tetris generated pieces completely at random to give you, while modern Tetris generates pieces in batches of 7 (one of each shape) and randomizes the order in which you receive them.