Orion - too randomized

Wow, guess I had the best possible luck then, that is possible in this game.
So who does he work great along side? cheers.

Thanks for reply. What did you mean by the broken thing? Since I am no english/usa. My english might be weak.

You can use him in combo with either some yellow or purple creator like the Alchemist or the Giant Spider - although, as I said, he refills himself already. Then if you have any other dragon or troops from Sword’s Edge, they’re worth pairing him with them since he’ll get some nice bonuses along the way. :smile:

Edit again! ^^

For the broken thing, it’s just a personal opinion, he’s doing some pretty insane damage at the moment, while being able to give you the board back and potentially refills himself in the process. And because it’s true damage AND everyone is poisoned, I feel like it’s a bit too much. But that’s just me I guess.

Hope you’ll enjoy playing with him! :slight_smile:

Getting curious here. Tell me a little more about this bonus etc. :smile:

A viable Orion lineup has been previously discussed before. @Esoxnepa has pointed out that Damage inflicted from exploding Skulls will also doubles with a Hunter Mark debuff. There have been many versions of lineup that tweak around this concept, the one I ended up with is this:

Carnex will always explode skulls, and Ragnagord is there to reset the field when skulls are running low.
Sunweaver provides excellent support to whichever needs it, and Orion will fill up extremely fast with the two exploders around.

Naturally… this kind of setup requires human brain, and will not work as well as a Defense Team option. But it is nonetheless extremely fun to play with.

The bonus are the ones you can give to your teams since 1.0.7 - I’ll make new guides about it all when 1.0.8 will hit, but you can find most basic infos about all troop bonuses on this guide:

I put in all the bonuses you get from multiple troops from the same type / kingdoms / mana colours.
Hope it will help. :slight_smile:

Another good Orion team:

Big and good bonuses from troops, gloom leaf is there to tank and make use of hunters mark, and the last 2 troops are there to create green mana users to fill up Orion and gloom and also to provide team bonus.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. The PS4 version is still a little confusing.
I’ve now buyed the town Pans vale to get the Banner of Song.
My hometown is not Pans vale. Do that means that I will lose
the bonuses of the Banner of Song? I see that if you select Pans vale
as your hometown you get an additional +1 green/yellow as Orion.

Thanks for reply.

Thanks a lot. :smiley:

Just a little flat on Orion
Well, it just happened to me two times today :
Remains only one creature of each side (attack and defense) , Orion defense is loaded (spell)… he shoots… BUG , shooting is in a the void and no damage on my creature (attacking)
For now … definitely avoid playing the Orion defense in fourth.

no video available , if necessary I will make one next time I find this defense

If you are playing PS4, that means you’re still on version 1.0.6
Back then mana bonus are determined by your Home Kingdom, yes.
And your Home Kingdom bonus stays with you no matter what creatures you play with.

Just as a side note, if you are playing the PC/mobile version, we are on 1.0.7
In the latest patch, mana bonus is now tied to the banner instead of Home Kingdom, giving us greater freedom in building different teams.

Thanks for the info, pal. How about the masteries you find under your Hero section? Those bonuses you get when you level up when it comes to differently gems, they only count for Hero, right?

Your or anyones opinion on my new currently Troop list?

All level 15
Banner of Song
(Great for treasure map hunt)

Orion - Because of his 9 attack for skull and good defense, 24 totally, often get boosted up by using the worms.

Acolyte - Get sometime boosted as well because of the worms, but mainly a brown gem creator.

Rockworms * 2 - Both easily get boosted up after one of the rockworm creator attack. Both solid hp as well.

Cheers,
Eika

Those are referred to as ‘Mana Surges’, and actually apply to match making as a whole.

Matches of 5+ guarantee Mana Surges, meaning 10 mana from a 5 gem match.
Matches of 4 have little to no chance of Mana Surging, so only 4 mana gain without kingdom bonus.
Then there’s matches of 3, this is where the Hero mana section comes into play. Depending on the percentage, that is your chance of receiving a Mana Surge from a match-of-3 every time one’s made.
(+3 more Mana gained when surging, in layman’s terms)

Simply put, no, Mana Surges don’t apply solely to the Hero, and in fact are random no matter your team setup. This actually becomes a pretty big part for higher level players, and as of this post I’ve over 50% chance of each and any 3-match made to Mana Surge, it’s pretty great. :wink:

Thanks for the reply, mac. All my stats is very balanced there, because I always like to create something new to test etc… Is that a waste?

It took me like forever to notice that they don’t generate mana surges xD

That is the best you can do. You unlock new hero weapons with your masteries. At least until you have 50 points invested in each mastery you should aim for an even distribution.

Not at all, leveling your Masteries equally allows for more well-rounded teams, and is actually encouraged by the weapon earning system.

At level 25 (Hero counted only) with All Masteries, you’ll earn the Prismatic Orb, and they recently added that at level 50 (Hero counted only) of All Masteries you’ll get an extremely unique weapon.

I have had this happen with Barbearus with the computer on defense. He’s missed his random damage portion. It seemed to be rarer than the Orion Bug. It’s also not Barbearus targeting a unit killed by his exploding skulls with the random shot, as you can sort of see that animation.

I tried to get a regular recreation of it, but it just takes too much luck/time. I think it has something to do with a unit being killed while generating an extra turn. Followed up by a random target ability. I’ve had Orion miss on offense as well.

(Like Gorgothra exploding skulls to kill the first troop and getting a 4 match on the fall, then going right into Orion, but Orion must randomly target the first troop.)

Don’t forget that at level 40 you get a dozen weapons, when two colors at level 40 each render a new weapon:

ARROW OF SLAYING
( Legendary Weapon )
Arrow of Slaying (Mana Cost:18 Blue Green , Unlocks at Water Nature Mastery 40)
Deal [10+Magic] damage to an enemy.

BULL’S EDGE
( Legendary Weapon )
Bull’s Edge (Mana Cost:13 Red Green , Unlocks at Fire Nature Mastery 40)
Deal [4+Magic] damage to an enemy. If I am damaged, gain 6 Attack.

CAULDRON
( Legendary Weapon )
Cauldron (Mana Cost:20 Green Brown , Unlocks at Nature Earth Mastery 40)
Double an ally’s Attack and give them [1+Magic] Life. (Boost Ratio 1:1)

CURSED BLADE
( Legendary Weapon )
Cursed Blade (Mana Cost:12 Green Purple , Unlocks at Nature Magic Mastery 40)
Deal damage to an enemy equal to his Attack. (Boost Ratio 1:1)

DEATH KNELL
( Legendary Weapon )
Death Knell (Mana Cost:14 Red Purple , Unlocks at Fire Magic Mastery 40)
Deal [5+Magic] damage to the weakest enemy. Gain an extra turn.

DREAM CATCHER
( Legendary Weapon )
Dream Catcher (Mana Cost:15 Purple Yellow , Unlocks at Magic Air Mastery 40)
Deal [4+Magic] damage randomly split among enemies. Deal 10 more damage if the enemy has a Fey troop.

FIERY CLAW
( Legendary Weapon )
Fiery Claw (Mana Cost:14 Red Green , Unlocks at Fire Nature Mastery 40)
Deal [3+Magic] damage to an enemy. Deal double damage if they use Blue Mana.

GIANTSLAYER
( Legendary Weapon )
Giantslayer (Mana Cost:15 Red Blue , Unlocks at Fire Water Mastery 40)
Deal [4+Magic] damage to an enemy. Deal 7 more damage if they have 10 Attack or more.

GOLDEN COG
( Legendary Weapon )
Golden Cog (Mana Cost:15 Red Yellow , Unlocks at Fire Air Mastery 40)
Double an ally’s Armor. (Boost Ratio 1:1)

HOLY SYMBOL
( Legendary Weapon )
Holy Symbol (Mana Cost:14 Brown Yellow , Unlocks at Earth Air Mastery 40)
Deal [3+Magic] damage to an enemy. Deal double damage if they use Purple Mana.

ICE ARROW
( Legendary Weapon )
Ice Arrow (Mana Cost:14 Blue Green , Unlocks at Water Nature Mastery 40)
Deal [3+Magic] damage to an enemy. Deal double damage if they use Red Mana.

MANG
( Legendary Weapon )
Mang (Mana Cost:15 Red Brown , Unlocks at Fire Earth Mastery 40)
Destroy an enemy’s Armor. Deal [1+Magic] Damage. Increase my Attack by the amount of Armor destroyed. (Boost Ratio 1:1)

NULL SPHERE
( Legendary Weapon )
Null Sphere (Mana Cost:18 Purple Brown , Unlocks at Magic Earth Mastery 40)
Reduce an enemy’s Magic to 0.

PAN’S LUTE
( Legendary Weapon )
Pan’s Lute (Mana Cost:15 Green Yellow , Unlocks at Nature Air Mastery 40)
Drain the Mana of the first and last enemies. Give all allies 1 Magic.

PHYLACTERY
( Legendary Weapon )
Phylactery (Mana Cost:14 Blue Purple , Unlocks at Water Magic Mastery 40)
Restore your Life to full. Gain an extra turn.

SHEGGRA’S HEART
( Legendary Weapon )
Sheggra’s Heart (Mana Cost:14 Blue Brown , Unlocks at Water Earth Mastery 40)
Create [6+Magic] Red Gems and Cleanse all allies.

SOUL BLADE
( Legendary Weapon )
Soul Blade (Mana Cost:12 Blue Yellow , Unlocks at Water Air Mastery 40)
Deal [6+Magic] damage to an enemy. Gain 1 Soul.

VILE FLASK
( Legendary Weapon )
Vile Flask (Mana Cost:16 Red Blue , Unlocks at Fire Water Mastery 40)
Poison an enemy and destroy the enemy’s Armor. Create [0+Magic] Green Gems.

With the realization (from another thread) that Hunters Mark also applies to exploded and destroyed skulls along with matches Orion has become much more viable and fun! So I started off with my Carnex/Gorgontha dynamic duo and added Orion to the mix. A well-placed Hunters Mark before a Carnex activation can net 16-20 points of damage, and random skulls in Gorgontha’s explosions also count. The team I settled on for this combo is:

Carnex
Shadow Hunter
Gorgontha
Orion

I use the Divinion Banner (Yellow/Purple). Main go is to get the explosion tag-team going and use Orion to tag front-line (or even second in line) troops for double damage. Shadow Hunter is there to fill the blue mana and deals out significant damage herself. Been really enjoying this setup. I also tried substituting Behemoth in place of Shadow Hunter and that also works well too - nice AoE effect and a slight chance to deal 2-4 dmg on a Marked target with destroyed skulls from his ability. For some reason this setup seemed a little more clunky and I didn’t like it as much as Shadow Hunter. Only disadvantage to these two teams is that Carnex is the front-line guy and lucky opponent drops can get rid of him before you get the engine going.

Then I wanted to try a setup that generates skulls and went this setup:

Carnex
Sunweaver
Keeper of Souls
Orion

Also kept Divinion Banner. And all that I have to say is…wow. This just seems to tear thru everything and can be very fast to boot. The VIP in this setup is Sunweaver, her support ability is incredible and helps to keep Carnex alive longer, plus the mana boost will usually give enough to activate Chain Reaction. Just one boost will also give my Carnex 20 attack which should add up to 40 dmg on a Marked troop. Add KoS to the mix to add more skulls and a good Soul Strike with a boosted Carnex can wipe 2-3 troops in as many turns! I also used Sunweaver to power Soul Strike if I really needed it or the subsequent board setup will end up decimating the opposition. Will have to play this one some more but this was the most fun with a setup I’ve had in a while. Orion is almost in an ancillary role here, but a well-placed Hunters Mark with a boosted Carnex or Soul Strike can literally one-shot full health all-kingdom stat troops. Yeah, I really like this one :wink:

1 Like