Team Building Guide

Hello my fellow players!

With the new 1.0.7 update, it feels like we need a brand new guide about team building. I mean with this guide to cover all the basics so that new players (or confused existing players ^^) can easily understand how it works.

In order to build a team, you need to access the troop tab on the bottom right of the main screen:

From there, you’ll get to the troop management screen:

The game gives you all kind of ways to access specific troop types.

The sort tab enables you to sort your troops according to different characteristics: alphabetical, reverse alphabetical, max level cards, cards that can be upgraded, rarity and stats.

The Filter tab lets you sort troops according to their mana colour:

The Kingdom tab enables you to sort troops according to their home kingdoms:

Finally, the search option lets you search them anyway you choose. You can type a name or a type of troops for instance:

The tab on the left of the screen regroups all of your existing teams:

Clicking on one of these teams will give you the current line-up of said team:

Now, let’s start to make a team to see how it works!
We’ll do it on the sixth slot because REASONS. The team might be empty, or you can remove any existing troop by simply dragging a troop outside of the team tab. We’ll start empty:

For my example, let’s build an all-goblin Zaejin team:

All I have to do add a troop to the team is to drag it towards an empty slot. If I want to use several identical troops, I need to drag it again for each slot I want to fill.

To rename my team (team #6 is not a really memorable name, right guys?) and see what sweet bonuses I can get, I need to click on the tab bonuses on the top left corner:

This will bring me to the bonus overview screen:

As you might have noticed, the first thing I did was changing my banner so that my goblins benefit from a green bonus, so I went with the Woodland Banner. All you need to do to switch banners is to scroll through with the arrows. Note that you can have as many teams as you want under the same banner:

New step will be to rename the team:

I am prone to idiotic puns, so my team will be named Hemogoblin:

Once I’ve confirmed the name change, the team appears under “Hemogoblin” in the team list, so I can more easily find it:

If you want to add your hero to your team, all you need is to hop on the hero tab in the upper right corner, and choose which weapon you want to use. From here, you can simply drag it to an empty slot like you did previously with the troops:

Teams can also provide all kind of bonuses:

In our example, using 4 Zaejin troops grant them all a Life bonus, and seeing that they’re all the same type (here, Marauders), they also gain an Attack bonus.

Here are the current bonuses:

Masteries

You need FOUR troops using the same type of mana to gain the mastery bonus.

• Maester of Water: Gain +25 Water Mastery for having 4 blue troops.
  • Maester of Nature: Gain +25 Nature Mastery for having 4 green troops.
  • Maester of Fire: Gain +25 Fire Mastery for having 4 red troops.
  • Maester of Air: Gain +25 Air Mastery for having 4 yellow troops.
  • Maester of Magic: Gain +25 Magic Mastery for having 4 purple troops.
  • Maester of Earth: Gain +25 Earth Mastery for having 4 brown troops.

Kingdoms

You need to have TWO, THREE or FOUR troop from the same kingdom to gain the stat bonuses.

ADANA

• Lord of Gears: All troops gain +2 Armor for having 2 Adana troops
  • Duke of Gears: All troops gain +4 Armor and +1 Attack for having 3 Adana troops
  • King of Gears: All troops gain +6 Armor and +2 Attack for having 4 Adana troops

BROKEN SPIRE

• Lord of the Spire: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Broken Spire troops
  • Duke of the Spire: All troops gain +4 Life and +1 Attack for having 3 Broken Spire troops
  • King of the Spire: All troops gain +6 Life and +2 Attack for having 4 Broken Spire troops

DARKSTONE

• Lord of Stone: All troops gain +1 Attack for having 2 Darkstone troops
  • Duke of Stone: All troops gain +2 Attack and +2 Armor for having 3 Darkstone troops
  • King of Stone: All troops gain +3 Attack, +4 Armor for having 4 Darkstone troops

DIVINION FIELDS

• Lords of Stars: All troops gain +1 Attack for having 2 Divinion Fields troops
  • Duke of Stars: All troops gain +2 Attack and +2 Life for having 3 Divinion Fields troops
  • King of Stars: All troops gain +3 Attack and +4 Life for having 4 Divinion Fields troops
    (WARNING: Text says 4 Magic but it’s actually 4 Life)

FOREST OF THORNS

• Lord of Thorns: All troops gain +1 Life and +1 Armor for having 2 Forest of Thorns troops
  • Duke of Thorns: All troops gain +2 Life, +2 Armor and +1 Attack for having 3 Forest of Thorns troops
  • King of Thorns: All troops gain +3 Life, +3 Armor and +2 Attack for having 4 Forest of Thorns troops

GHULVANIA

• Lord of Blood: All troops gain +1 Life and +1 Armor for having 2 Ghulvania troops
  • Duke of Blood: All troops gain +1 Life, +1 Armor and +1 Magic for having 3 Ghulvania troops
  • King of Blood: All troops gain +2 Life, +2 Armor and +1 Magic for having 4 Ghulvania troops

GROSH-NAK

• Lord of Orcs: All troops gain +1 Attack for having 2 Grosh-Nak troops
  • Duke of Orcs: All troops gain +2 Attack and +2 Life for having 3 Grosh-Nak troops
  • King of Orcs: All troops gain +4 Attack and +2 Life for having 4 Grosh-Nak troops

KARAKOTH

• Lord of Magic: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Karakoth troops
  • Duke of Magic: All troops gain +2 Life and +1 Magic for having 3 Karakoth troops
  • King of Magic: All troops gain +2 Life and +2 Magic for having 4 Karakoth troops

KHAZIEL

• Lord of Stone: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Khaziel troops
  • Duke of Stone: All troops gain +4 Life and +2 Armor for having 3 Khaziel troops
  • King of Stone: All troops gain +6 Life and +4 Armor for having 4 Khaziel troops

KHETAR

• Lord of Bones: All troops gain +2 Armor for having 2 Khetar troops
  • Duke of Bones: All troops gain +2 Armor and +1 Magic for having 3 Khetar troops
  • King of Bones: All troops gain +6 Armor and +1 Magic for having 4 Khetar troops

MAUGRIM WOODS

• Lord of Wolves: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Maugrim Woods troops
  • Duke of Wolves: All troops gain +2 Life and +2 Attack for having 3 Maugrim Woods troops
  • King of Wolves: All troops gain +4 Life and +3 Attack for having 4 Maugrim Woods troops

MIST OF SCALES

• Lord of Scales: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Mist of Scales troops
  • Duke of Scales: All troops gain +2 Life and +1 Magic for having 3 Mist of Scales troops
  • King of Scales: All troops gain +6 Life and +1 Magic for having 4 Mist of Scales troops

PAN’S VALE

• Lord of Goats: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Pan’s Vale troops
  • Duke of Goats: All troops gain +3 Life and +3 Armor for having 3 Pan’s Vale troops
  • King of Goats: All troops gain +5 Life and +5 Magic for having 4 Pan’s Vale troops

PRIDELANDS

• Lord of Cats: All troops gain +1 Attack for having 2 Pridelands troops
  • Duke of Cats: All troops gain +3 Attack for having 3 Pridelands troops
  • King of Cats: All troops gain +5 Attack for having 4 Pridelands troops

PRIMAL (also known as Mel’s Kingdom)

• Lord of Imps: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Primal troops
  • Duke of Imps: All troops gain +4 Life and +2 Armor for having 3 Primal troops
  • King of Imps: All troops gain +7 Life and +3 Armor for having 4 Primal troops

STORMHEIM

• Lord of Giants: All troops gain +1 Attack for having 2 Stormheim troops
  • Duke of Giants: All troops gain +2 Attack and +2 Life for having 3 Stormheim troops
  • King of Giants: All troops gain +4 Attack and +2 Life for having 4 Stormheim troops

SWORD’S EDGE

• Lord of Blades: All troops gain +2 Armor for having 2 Sword’s Edge troops
  • Duke of Blades: All troops gain +6 Armor for having 3 Sword’s Edge troops
  • King of Blades: All troops gain +10 Armor for having 4 Sword’s Edge troops

WHITEHELM

• Lord of Devas: All troops gain +2 Armor for having 2 Whitehelm troops
  • Duke of Devas: All troops gain +2 Armor, +2 Life and +1 Attack for having 3 Whitehelm troops
  • King of Devas: All troops gain +2 Armor, +2 Life, +1 Attack and +1 Magic for having 4 Whitehelm troops

WILD PLAINS

• Lord of Bulls: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Wild Plains troops
  • Duke of Bulls: All troops gain +1 Attack and +4 Life for having 3 Wild Plains troops
  • King of Bulls: All troops gain +2 Attack and +6 Life for having 4 Wild Plains troops

ZAEJIN

• Lord of Goblins: All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 Zaejin troops
  • Duke of Goblins: All troops gain +6 Life for having 3 Zaejin troops
  • King of Goblins: All troops gain +10 Life for having 4 Zaejin troops

Troop Types

You need to have THREE or FOUR of the same troop types to gain the stat bonuses.

Dragons

• Dragon Captain: All troops gain +1 Attack and +2 Armor for having 3 Dragon troops
  • Dragon General: All troops gain +1 Attack, +2 Armor and +1 Magic for having 4 Dragon troops

Undead

• Undead Captain: All troops gain +1 Magic for having 3 Undead troops
  • Undead General: All troops gain +4 Armor and +1 Magic for having 4 Undead troops

Daemons

• Daemon Captain: All troops gain +2 Attack for having 3 Daemon troops
  • Daemon General: All troops gain +2 Attack and +1 Magic for having 4 Daemon troops

Beasts

• Beast Captain: All troops gain +2 Life and +1 Attack for having 3 Beast troops
  • Beast General: All troops gain +4 Life and +2 Attack for having 4 Beast troops

Feys

• Fey Captain: All troops gain +1 Magic for having 3 Fey troops
  • Fey General: All troops gain +2 Magic for having 4 Fey troops

Elementals

• Elemental Captain: All troops gain +2 Life and +1 Attack for having 3 Elemental troops
  • Elemental General: All troops gain +2 Life, +1 Attack and +1 Magic for having 4 Elemental troops

Humans

• Human Captain: All troops gain +1 Armor, +1 Attack and +1 Life for having 3 Human troops
  • Human General: All troops gain +2 Armor, +2 Attack and +2 Life for having 4 Human troops

Monsters

• Monster Captain: All troops gain +2 Armor and +2 Life for having 3 Monster troops
  • Monster General: All troops gain +2 Armor, +2 Life and +1 Magic for having 4 Monster troops

Constructs

• Construct Captain: All troops gain +4 Armor for having 3 Construct troops
  • Construct General: All troops gain +8 Armor for having 4 Construct troops

Divines

• Divine Captain: All troops gain +2 Armor and +2 Life for having 3 Divine troops
  • Divine General: All troops gain +4 Armor and +4 Life for having 4 Divine troops

Elves

• Elf Captain: All troops gain +1 Magic for having 3 Elf troops
  • Elf General: All troops gain +4 Life and +1 Magic for having 4 Elf troops

Dwarves

• Dwarf Captain: All troops gain +4 Life for having 3 Dwarf troops
  • Dwarf General: All troops gain +8 Life for having 4 Dwarf troops

Giants

• Giant Captain: All troops gain +1 Attack and +2 Life for having 3 Giant troops
  • Giant General: All troops gain +2 Attack and +4 Life for having 4 Giant troops

Wildfolks

• Wildfolk Captain: All troops gain +1 Attack, +1 Armor and +1 Life for having 3 Wildfolk troops
  • Wildfolk General: All troops gain +2 Attack, +2 Armor and +2 Life for having 4 Wildfolk troops

Marauders

• Marauder Captain: All troops gain +2 Attack for having 3 Marauder troops
  • Marauder General: All troops gain +4 Attack for having 4 Marauder troops

Knights

• Knight Captain: All troops gain +1 Attack and +2 Armor for having 3 Knight troops
  • Knight General: All troops gain +2 Attack and +4 Armor for having 4 Knight troops

I hope this guide will help you make the best out of your teams, and as usual, let me know if you have any info you’d like to add! Have fun! :relaxed:

Edit: completely forgot the hero tab screenshot in the process…

13 Likes

Best troop name ever

3 Likes

Ahah, thanks! :slight_smile:

Don’t forget Divinion Fields, however it now reads a bug. It should read 3 attack and 4 life, while it currently reads 3 attack and 4 magic… if it was 3 attack and 4 magic everyone would be all in on Fields troops.

I am confused when it comes to kingdom LEVEL bonus. Do they apply like before only when you fight in that kingdom, or do they all add up?

They add up, so they apply to every battle.

Thanks @Nimhain. Got this answered in another thread too.

Thanks @Emoxes, I added Divinion Fields. It took me ages to compile everything, I just knew I’d forget something important along the way… :cry:

The bonus have been updated with the new kingdom. I’ll update the kingdom guide with the release of 1.0.8, since a lot of the info will need to be tweaked.

2 Likes

Hah, I looked at this about 10 minutes ago … nice.

Thanks! Sorry I’ve been a bit busy lately so I could not really update it earlier, I hope I didn’t forget anything. ^^
I promise I’ll be more reactive when the next update will hit. :smile:

Now wait a sec, the Darkstone entry lists “unique troops” when talking about how to get the kingdom bonuses, but none of the other kingdoms say that. I am saving my keys for 1.0.8 so I haven’t experimented with any of them yet. Has this changed? Do the bonuses truly only accrue for unique troops in a team? Is this not true of other kingdoms? Or was this a typo - or wishful thinking? :wink:

Sorry, I shouldn’t have typed that. :confused:

So, wishful thinking then, got it :wink:

I’m building a keeper of souls build any
suggestions I’ve got all undead same kingdom but mana,s flows a little clogged

Anyone on front with huge attack works well (think Gloom Leaf for instance), any brown or purple generator is good too. :slightly_smiling:

I use a Green Slime/Valkyrie/Keeper of Souls trio in my soul farmer build. The first troop is anything that can either tank or avoid damage. Examples include Treant with Stoneskin, Hydra with Huge, Abhorath, Glade Warden or Templar.

I often use:

• Emperina (life and attack buffs, good for a tank and/or ablative troop until the rest of the team ramps up)
  • Green Slime (purple generator feeds KoS, plus scaling self buff)
  • Keeper of Souls (all the damage!)
  • Green Seer (green generation, feeds slime, plus entangle can be useful late game when fewer troops mean better chance of entangling the damage dealing troop; I’ve been down to just her many times and she can hold her own)

I also sometimes use:

• Green Slime
  • Alchemist
  • Valkyrie
  • KoS
    (This is a pretty common soul farming loop team, pretty effective but not as sturdy as the above team, as once slime is lost the loop breaks pretty hard - KoS’ spell is much more difficult to charge and the blue gen is wasted)

Both these teams use all six colors but do not get any team bonuses. Hope that helps!

I use Broken Spire and am one troop away from maxing out the city (I need Sheggra).

The team I use (which wins 99% of the time):

• Cesar
  • Arthur
  • Boar Rider
  • Shadow Dragon

The most important troop is boar rider, so I keep him third… just in case an enemy team has an attack that focuses on the last troop.

I don’t have all the troops or legendaries in the game (I think I’m missing about 30 cards) and I have lots of souls to spare. I can try maxing out a different lengendary and replacing Cesar, but waiting for Sheggra as a chest find or weekly glory buy.

• Cesar (red) as a 30 health/armour meat shield
  • Arthur (blue/brown) for +5 attack buff
  • Boar Rider (green/purple) for easy 9-gem special, 8 attack boar + extra turn which usually leads to another 13 pt attack from a buffed Cesar or Arthur
  • Shadow Dragon (yellow/purple) to take advantage of yellow gems, poison and true kill damage. And his speicla makes more purple gems for Boar Rider

As long as I can activate Arthur’s +5 buff I think I’ve won almost every match. CPU AI isn’t that great. Lots of dumb moves… although that makes it more human as opposed to perfect moves. The only time the CPU wins is if it gets a slew of lucky gem matches, combos and can spam a player’s specials.

Okay I have 17 Team slots and well I have what I feel are some basic questions that I just don’t see the answers for.

Does having the same troop in multiple teams affect anything?

How are teams applied for Defense in PvP

What good is having so many team slots but you can’t re-order them or switch them about.

Should I make a team for each Kingdom?

If I add my hero to a team say #15 does it affect my #1 team which also has my hero in it.

And last but not least, how do I use different teams if I want to go out and test drive them?