One for the PC/mobile guys

I’ve posted some longer videos (linked a couple above), and the response to them is… absolutely nothing. No one watches them, and why would they? I’m not being poopy or exaggerating here, I just checked my video manager on YouTube. 1 person (other than me) watched most of the first video and no one has watched the second one for more than a few seconds.

To be fair, my previous round of videos got a few views and a bit of discussion, but people only have so much time. I might add, to anyone who is asking for more video evidence, please be prepared to actually watch and discuss if someone takes the time to provide some.

8 Likes

Obviously, single videos that are longer are preferable. But depending on the person (both the presenter and the viewer), trusting that multiple clips are in order is definitely possible. There are certain forumers that I would believe if they said it was in sequence, and others that seem to just want to show they’re right (regardless of whether they are). But you’re right, separate clips would raise more questions.

[quote=“Casper1875, post:35, topic:25615, full:true”]
Tbf, it doesn’t matter how any video gets picked apart - my personal opinion is that the AI has improved massively, not just a small amount. You’re all welcome to your own opinions, I just hope you get the console AI soon so I can see a genuine reaction from you all, as from what I can tell you haven’t experienced it for yourselves day in day out like we have.[/quote]
Not trying to be too confrontational, but to be clear, I do believe console has a “massively improved AI” (and think it has been conclusively proven with some of the extended videos). It’s the cascade magic I’m questioning, and hoping to learn more about.

This I totally understand, and I’ve felt the same frustration myself. It does hurt to lose and let down your team, and coming on the forums and venting about how much it sucks is totally cool (at least with me). To me red flags just start going off when it changes from “I’m super unlucky” and “this sucks” to “AI cheats” or “magic cascades”. And while this is just a game, it is my current hobby and passion and I am (overly) analytical, which is why I like investigating and learning more about these sorts of things.

3 Likes

@Stan i watched them all bro this is why i told you the other day i h0pe people enjoyed cause i saw nobody care

1 Like

Thanks Ricky - I assumed you were the one that watched the first one based on your comment (and the fact that YouTube said the viewer was in Canada). Maybe YouTube isn’t very reliable when it comes to reporting this stuff and there were more views than I’m aware of… (i’m still new to this and learning)

2 Likes

[quote=“Stan, post:41, topic:25615, full:true”]
I’ve posted some longer videos (linked a couple above), and the response to them is… absolutely nothing. No one watches them, and why would they? I’m not being poopy or exaggerating here, I just checked my video manager on YouTube. 1 person (other than me) watched most of the first video and no one has watched the second one for more than a few seconds.[/quote]
Which videos do you mean, since I watched a bunch of these (more than once)? Unless you mean the GW videos from this past weekend (which are still on my list for when I get time :wink: , hopefully Friday night).

1 Like

I’ve never once said the AI cheats. My point is that the devs raised it’s level, but I honestly think they raised it too much. Maybe it was only a little bit & we were all too comfortable how it was, but the one inescapable thing is that most of us haven’t been able to adapt as quickly as the AI has.
It’s more about feeling hard done by when you set up, cast and get nothing except for giving the match to the AI on a plate which wouldn’t have happened before.
I wish I had answers, I don’t. I only have my opinion & until you guys get the same AI we will continue to be at loggerheads unfortunately.

I’ve watched the first one, but didn’t have good internet for the rest. Like i ssid above, its harder to skull bait AI, and AI uses its skills in a better order. This is an improvement comparing with AI from PC. As for cascades, there aren’t any differences that i spotted.

1 Like

Yes, I meant the GW videos from this past weekend. There is about 25 minutes of video there with a total view time of about 13 minutes according to YouTube. That may not update reliably though based on what I’m hearing now.

I seriously hope you have something better to do on a Friday night!

1 Like

Cool, thanks. I don’t have a strong opinion on the cascades myself. Some people who play both platforms say there is a difference, so I tend to believe there is. I don’t believe that the difference (if it exists) works in favor of the AI and at the expense of the player.

2 Likes

This isnt a good reason to open a conversation with hostility or to introduce some where it otherwise is absent.

It seems to me that you are unwilling to have a discussion without hostility and i dont have the patience so…

Basicly this. Cascades do happen, but they happen all around. And we all saw examples of people accusing AI for cheating because of those cascades, mostly on PC (probably because there’s more players on PC, but cascades are same).

In the Lair thread Devs basically already stated that the console AI handles gem spawners differently than on PC and that it will be changed some point soon.
So don’t chew eachother up, while confusing completely different issues and relax.

4 Likes

[quote=“Casper1875, post:46, topic:25615, full:true”]
I’ve never once said the AI cheats. My point is that the devs raised it’s level, but I honestly think they raised it too much.[/quote]
You didn’t use the word “cheats”, but your OP specifically stated “AI cascades”, not just “AI” or “AI decisions”. My interpretation of that, based on what keeps getting claimed in other threads, is that you were indicating that cascades and skydrops happen more frequently for the AI than for the player. If that isn’t what you mean, than what were you trying to show us?

BTW, I appreciate your civil responses to my queries, and moving this conversation forward positively. Especially when parts of this thread seem to have devolved so much :frowning: .Anyway, seems like your OP might not have been clear enough and/or was misinterpreted by some of the readers (like me :wink: ). Sorry for my part and any confusion, and glad things are being cleared up!

Don’t judge me! :flushed:

4 Likes

My expectation is that any change to the probability of a gem spawner creating a 4-match will affect both the player and the AI equally, so don’t rejoice just yet. (Unless they mean to explicitly handicap the AI spawners only, which feels “dirty” to me…)

1 Like

They really didn’t give any specifics about how the balance would be changed, but I doubt they would handicap the AI in that way. It might be something as subtle as allowing Guardians to spawn gems over existing gems of the same colour (as I think they do on PC/Mobile - is this right?), ever so slightly reducing the number of matching gems on the board post-cast. I don’t use spawners on offence because I don’t like the uncertainty, so a change like this would only benefit me.

1 Like

I expect it to affect both sides, but since apparently on console the defense meta is Justice/Mab only(with good reason as we know now) i also expect this change to have a clearly net positive effect on the playing experience for the players.

2 Likes

We get a good number of the same grief teams that you get, too (Kerb/FG combos, deathknight, double-Famine/death, etc.), but the one that we see a lot more of than you do is the Justice/Mab combo.

Good point. The Console players are clearly suffering from lack of Kerberos and Famine in their matches. :wink:

EDIT: Damn it, ninja’d again today. I’m off my game.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Fair point, I’m still (relatively) new to the forum and working out the right terminology so that it doesn’t get out of hand seems to be tricky :joy:
It probably wasn’t the right video to try & prove my point, especially seeing as how I messed up in the beginning, but it’s the first time I’ve tried to save or post one.
If it was so easy to pinpoint the issue & it happened constantly we’d have had tons of videos, I’ve felt completely screwed over multiple times but been too busy swearing at the TV to even consider pressing share!
My issue is that it seems (and I choose that word carefully) that human players get the benefit of the luck when exploring & the AI gets it when in GW. But because GW is so important & pressured it magnifies those drops to the player.
And I always try to be civil :grinning:

2 Likes